or, The Terrible Horrible No Good Very Bad Poem about Cicadas.
You left your armor
clinging, empty
A hollow plaything
A zombie sentry
Now calling your lovers
to join in your song
Hordes in the trees
your voices are strong
Sing me to distraction
Sing me into dust
Sing to me all summer
for sing to me you must
When summer is gone
And you've done what you could
Your children will sleep safely
deep in the wood
Edited To Add: Wow. Perhaps I should have called it Cricketsong *crickets*. Anyway, who pronounces it cic-ay-da, and who pronounces it cic-ah-da?
numer darowizny: SRTF/067/SWD .
1 month ago
18 comments:
You can't see me, but I am sitting in the back of the audience wearing my beret and snapping my fingers.
Hahaha, and smoking Gauloises I hope? ; )
Wasn't John Cicada with the original Miami Sound Machine? :)
I'm the one silently mocking SkyDad's beret and getting shitfaced.
Eric - I'm much too young to get that reference *looks haughty, then checks to see if that was believable*
BeckEye - On something classy with gin in it, I hope.
Oh it was 'Secada'.
:)
Eric - In some dim dark corner of the filing cabinet of my brain, I believe I know who you mean. But I haven't found the drawer yet!!!
: ) Thanks for commenting!
I loved this! Nothing says summer like cicadas... we don't have them this far north, but my grandmother lived in Indiana and we'd stay with her for a month or so every summer. Le bliss.
*snaps along with everyone in berets*
Missrandell - Aww thank you!!! I agree cicadas = summer, I actually wrote this because I'd been wondering where they were and finally I heard them for the first time this summer. The cicadas here seem quieter than the Aussie ones, oddly enough. That sounds so sweet going to stay with Grandma!
I pronounce it 'bug'. I rather liked the poem, very neat.
Madame DeF - Why thank you Madame! *curtsies* Fair enough to not distinguish between bugs, as long as you know which ones can hurt you!
Fantastic!! I hope you submit this for publishing somewhere. I am reminded of the days when Brood X awoke and surfaced. There was so much material going around about cicadas then, I really think people started to become more aware of them after that.
I always thought the leftover cicada shells hanging on the trees were creepy as hell...
spleeness - Wow, really? Thank you! Cicadas featured big in my childhood; mainly you'd see the shells but it was always amazing to see a live one.
WellFed - They are a bit. Especially if you imagine one the size of a house. Argh!
Hey deary. I am a female MBA from Karachi, Pakistan. I write on issues related to society, religion as well as some funny stuff. I need more enlightenment from people like you. Love ur blog outlook and ur cute thoughts.. Best of Luck for ur blogging. I hope we can be mutual followers- if u like my blog?? And don’t forget to comment please !!
http://relationships-catgirl.blogspot.com/
CATGIRL - I don't do the whole following thing, but I'll try to come check you out : )
I'm a sick-ay-duh man myself.
And, I love finding their split husks clinging to trees, wood, picnic tables, anything. Reminds me of summertime and my youth.
MJenks - Aw. Yeah we used to gather as many as we could find and stick them to our t-shirts by their little hooky feet.
Post a Comment