Today I am sporting a glamorous ensemble of:
• vintage polar fleece top with custom grubbiness at cuffs and pockets
• mildly distressed t-shirt
• sweatpants with delicate all-over pilling, subtle remnants of the original screenprint motif and drawstrings gently chewed by a feline stylist
• sneakers wittily inspired by the stylings of rather more expensive sneakers, and accented with"paint-splatter" detail
All this paired with the fresh, natural "no make-up" look and the "messy" bun hairdo seen on runways throughout Fashion Week!
What's your Sunday best?
numer darowizny: SRTF/067/SWD .
1 month ago
26 comments:
I'm sporting the ever popular:
"Haven't shaved since Thursday" neckscruff.
A sweat shirt with mystery stains all down the front. Odd darker areas where the charcoal color is a bit more "charcoally" than usual.
A pair of formerly olive green cargo shorts with one of those woven leather belts.
This is accented by a pair of Thorlos micro-mini padded socks from my running days.
Today I'm in my only pair of wearable jeans (complete with destroyed bottom hems) and a lovely long-sleeved olive green "layered look" hoodie shirt that is shapeless and a few sizes too big...No shoes, no makeup.
I call this look "HOMEwork chic"
Scope - Aren't Sundays great?
WellFed - Fabulous dahling! All my jeans used to get destroyed bottom hems too - I just recently bought some shorter leg length ones. Eff getting them taken up!
T-shirt under a sweatshirt that is from Skyler's grade school. He is closing in on 19 now, so I will let you imagine the number of stains...
Sweat pants that are only a year old, so very few tears, but lot's of "lower body odor"...
Running shoes, because no matter what I wear, it goes with running shoes.
SkyDad - I held onto a tank top I'd had since I was a toddler into my late teens... pretty shameful. Also? I don't want to know what lower body odor is.
I am styling a hugely oversized white T-Shirt with a picture of a skull on the back from the last anti-drunk-driving assembly at the school,
the same pair of jeans three days running,
and Smart-Wool socks lightly coated in a sheer layer of dust bunnies.
I finally got a shower after the kids went to bed.
Most of the day was a t-shirt and pajama pants. They were chic and awesome. They were camouflage.
Normally, I don't wear camouflage, but the wife got me these as a joke. And they are perhaps the most comfortable pants I own...
I'm ashamed to say I actually went to the movies this evening in sweat pants because it's my special lady time and I felt so bloated and uncomfortable I couldn't bear the thought of jeans and a belt. To be fair though, the sweat pants were black and look like regular pants if the lighting's dim (check!) and you don't look too closely. The rest of my attire was several layers of stuff and a big scarf and boots as it's snowing like a bastard.
You're welcome.
Drawstrings gently chewed (by the feline stylist) sounds absolutely divine. A classic look and one that I would go for myself if I had a feline stylist.
Vic - Fancy, dust bunnies! My socks are usually coated in contrasting dog hairs.
mjenks - Mmmm, pj pants.
Veg - as long as it's the weekend or inside your own home (or a dark cinema!), and the sweatpants don't have ankle-cuffs, you're a-ok by me! Also, I love snow boots. What color?
Mo - They are highly sought-after. And they don't work with just anyone, you know.
; )
I am sporting the most comfortable fluffy cotton sweatshorts in heather gray with an unexplained #55 on the left leg. This pairs wonderfully with my plain black t-shirt and white socks. Don't hate me because I'm beautiful.
Re: hems
My legs are too long for average length pants and too short for tall length pants, so I always either look like my pants shrunk or crappy.
I, too, am sporting that chic "messy" bun look, but mine has subtle added nuances of "I needed to wash my hair but didn't have time and was late for uni, so I'm trying to disguise my icky hair and failing quite spectacularly".
We'll be moving in the snootiest haute couture circles any day now, dahling.
Ike Behar white shirt, Alfani charcoal slacks, John Varvatos shoes. You know, typical neighborhood superbowl party.
WWW - ...when there are so many other reasons! (I'm KIDDING, you guys). What a charmingly monochromatic ensommmmm.
Well-Fed - I'm too long for short-length and too short for (most) regular length, so I feel you. I prefer too-long ratty hems to the gawky/clam-digger look of too-short pants.
auburnette - Future's so bright, we gotta wear six-dollar shades.
; )
Eric - All right, Mr Fancy!!! You know, if your wallet is weighing down your Alfani slacks, feel free to lighten it in my direction ; )
I dread to think what my Sunday best is. However, if your t shirt is mildly distressed, you might want to give it a soothing cup of tea and a slice of cake? :)
Richard - You Brits & your tea ; )
I'm one of those people who puts on an "outfit" even when he's not going anywhere... only recently has my gf convinced me I don't need to impress anyone and I can wear a hooded sweatshirt and shorts when I'm hanging around the house.
Andy - She's just trying to keep all your glory to herself!!!
Normally I rock "no pants Sunday", but since we had people over for the SuperBowl this week, I dressed up in the form of a falling-apart-tank top (complete with dingy white bra straps hanging out), dirty, torn up jeans (complete with smeary hair dye stain on upper thigh) and unwashed hair. It was pretty sexy-tacular.
Kate - *wolf-whistles* You are awesome.
Me? I'm presently rockin' glamorous baby blue, thread-bare, snagged-on-Lord-knows-what, old zip up hoodie.
And sauve baby blue, too big, capri workout pants (which ALMOST match the hoodie) (if you squint) with orange stripes down the sides and chocolate stains down the front of the right leg ('cuz nothing says 'I take my workouts seriously' quite like chocolate stains do.)
And I'm sporting an elegant half-assed, messy ponytail atop my head to complete my regal look.
I'm ready for my close up, Mr Demille.
As it's still Sunday, I shall answer, even although I'm a week late. Luck Labrador brewery t-shirt from Portland, very baggy jeans and pink fluffy slippers. Quite a stylish combo.
Sorry you guys, I've been... unavailable for personal reasons.
Cora & Madame - Very nice looks!
And I'm sure you look fabulous. You should have posted a pic!
CA - Ha! That'll be a cold day in H-E-double hockey sticks. ; )
Post a Comment