Sunday, May 2, 2010

Over to You: And now for something completely different...

What do you guys think of t-shirts with stuff written on them?

I do love witticisms on t-shirts, but being petite of frame means I have to choose very short ones, and being a girl means I have to think carefully about whether I really want to give anyone an excuse to stare at my chest - "What? I was just reading your t-shirt!"

But I like them on other people, as long as they're funny and/or witty and not some lame garbage like "Female Body Inspector" or "I'm with Stupid". One of my all-time favorites is "I found Jesus... He was behind the couch the whole time."

What's your favorite t-shirt witticism? Or alternatively, what's one you WISH was on a t-shirt?

37 comments:

SkylersDad said...

When I started working from home my wife got me a one that says "I am currently away from my desk".

It always gets a lot of comments.

And I have about 1.3 million shirts with shit written on them, so yes I am a fan.

Scope said...

Very few of my t-shirts have things written on them. I HATE ads on my shirt, even big logos bug me. That said, I will make an occasional exception.

My favorite T-shirt, which I lost sometime ago, read:

"Growing Old is Mandatory - Growing Up Is Optional".

It's for the Great Tasmanian Challenge: Tasmania Island To Sydney, Australia. I just found it for sale again on the web. Too bad I am no longer an XL. :-(

I also have one that says:

"Supoort Darwin: Destroy A Weakling Today."

BeckEye said...

I like the one the guy wore in Teen Wolf: "What Are You Looking at Dicknose?" Later worn by Mac on It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia.

Cooper Green said...

Wouldn't it be nice if t-shirts were just clothing? When I have something important to say, the last thing that occurs to me is to write it on my chest. Besides, I already have a picture of a chicken on my shirt. Poultry PLUS an opinion is just tasteless.

Soda and Candy said...

SkyDad - Heehee, I LIKE that one!

Scope - I'm not big on logos either. Personally I think it's probably healthier for you not to be an XL! We need you to stick around for Cora for many years!

BeckEye - Okay how did you just make me love Sunny even more?!

Cooper - I guess there are easier ways to disseminate one's opinion. Like blogging! Also, mmm chicken.

Eric said...

I want a shirt with an enormous 'T' on it.

Trinity said...

I lean towards graphics on my shirts instead of words. I own about 40 different comic book, cartoon, and band shirts and get comments all the time from the most random people. I only go for text if it says something that is random and not everyone will understand. That way I can feel superior.

Soda and Candy said...

Eric - Haha, very literal of you.

Trinity - Like a secret symbol, comic book t-shirts & the like will allow like-minded people to identify you! feeling superior is the best ; )

words...words...words... said...

My favorite is a t-shirt I have that says "Your Favorite Band Sucks". 99% of the time, it's true.

Soda and Candy said...

WWW - Hahaha, you little stirrer!

Anonymous said...

Someone should make one that just says "YOUR AD HERE" across the boobies! :) Then not only do you have a t-shirt, someone might pay you to wear it.

No?

Simon Butler said...

Okay, this isn’t a witticism, but when I was trying to choose a birthday present for one of my cyber-daughters here on Blogger I spent several hours looking through tee shirts, and though I didn’t get it for her in the end, my favourite was this It’s all so frightfully British one. Not a joke in itself; just amusing, even down to the cup of tea with the Union Jack on it.

Soda and Candy said...

Veg - Hey in this economy that might be woirth doing! You could have a plastic sleeve on the front so you could swap out different ads! Somebody make this now, please!

Simon - Frightfully is a delightfully British word! That t-shirt is pretty great.

LadyNansei said...

When me and my friends went shopping we (I have no idea why) decided to go look at the Doggie Costums and one of them said 'my Human ate my homework'
Totally strange but I thought it was cute

Soda and Candy said...

β - I would totally dress my dogs up if either they or my husband would let me.

rachaelgking said...

I am a HUGE fan of DonkeyT's. Ironic tshirts ftw!

mo.stoneskin said...

I don't really know what my favourite is, but I reckon having an animated spider on a t-shirt would be great fun. Lifesize, creepy, the real deal.

Soda and Candy said...

LiLu - Hmm I shall have to google them!

Mo - Animated like a cartoon character or animated like moving? It would make me shudder!

Anonymous said...

My roommate has one that shows an orange Gary Coleman with Garfield ears and a striped tail saying "Whatchoo talkin' 'bout, Mondays?" It cracks me up.

Soda and Candy said...

MissRandell - Haha, gold.

Cora said...

Nah, I don't have any witty t-shirts - I figure if I walk around sporting joke t-shirts AND red hair I'll NEVER be taken seriously, right?

I do have some t-shirts with ads on them. I like them too. As long as the ad is sprawled across the girls, but the belly portion of the t-shirt stays blank, it can be very flattering. :-)

Soda and Candy said...

Cora - Ahem, if some of us may need help emphasizing that area, then we do what we have to ; ) and hope the guys in my last post don't notice!
: )

Madame DeFarge said...

I'd rather like 'This t-shirt is intentionally left blank'.

Anonymous said...

I don't know if I have a favourite, but I may have to put out a hit on the idiot who keeps making those "From Angel to Bitch in 2 Seconds" and "99% Bitch, 1% Angel, All Sexy" t-shirts that the ancient woman at my newsagency insists on wearing...

Nikki said...

It depends on what they say. I hate those Big Johnson ones. Reminds me of my neighbor.

A couple dirty ones that always make me laugh:

One for an oyster vendor in Pike Place Market Seattle- "Shuck me shuck me, eat me raw"

Another for a winery my friend got at Goodwill- "Whip me crush me, make me wine"

LadyNansei said...

Hi There Soda and Candy. I'm really loving your writing style, and as a reward I'm giving you the utterly fabulous 'Beautiful Blogger Award'. Congrats♥

Soda and Candy said...

Mdame - Hahaha, yes!

Bea - Ugh yes. Like it's something to be proudly proclaimed? That's just unattractive on anyone.

Nikki - Heh. Yeah pervy ones are gross. At least be funny and non-specific.

β - Wow!!! Thank you so much!!!

Sam_I_am said...

I saw one that said "You Don't Have to be Crazy to Work Here, We'll Train You," which is totally appropriate seeing as I work in Mental Health.

Soda and Candy said...

Sam - Hahaha, I like that! A twist on a tired one.

Anonymous said...

My favorite word shirt is "Rogues do it from behind." ...that may only make sense if you've played WoW, though.

Soda and Candy said...

WellFed - Yeah I don't get that one, but it's a good way of advertising your interests and finding like-minded people : )

Candy's daily Dandy said...

I don't have many t-shirts with stuff written on them because I'm a hopeless slave to fashion. most of my t shirts are from Michael Starrs or 3 dot which means they are of the solid color variety..

I did, however, witness my friend utter the best line EVER when a guy was ogling at her boobs. They were talking and she said to him, "ya know, THEY aren't going to answer you back." The dude was speechless.

Soda and Candy said...

Candy - Hahahahhaa, that is brilliant!

hmla2599 said...

I find the curves of breasts distort the word, allowing for even longer "discerning" time.

I worked at a tutoring center with someone who had this shirt. I think it's the only witticism I ever wanted on my chest:

Haikus are easy
But sometimes they make no sense
Refrigerator

Soda and Candy said...

Hannah - Hahaha, that is brilliant. I heart haiku.

Andy - Instafather said...

I'm not usually one for shirts with tons of words on them, because then I end up staring and reading them, and that just gets awkward. But if I did, maybe something like:

"Don't tell anyone, but I'm totally freaking naked under this"

Soda and Candy said...

Andy - Hehe. That works great for a boy, but...