I am X.
Only a small percentage of all humans are X, so I guess you could say I was in a minority (interestingly, I have heard that the percentage is slightly higher among creative types).
You can't tell I'm X just by looking at me. Most people are surprised when they find out that I am X. X is not a characteristic I chose to have, but one that is naturally part of who I am. Being X is something you are born with.
Not so long ago, being X was seen as wrong, even a sign of evil. My grandfather was X, but when it was found out, he was physically punished and forced to be not-X. These days, most people don't see anything wrong with being X. You might even see an X character in a movie or TV show.
What is X? Highlight the line below to find out.
X = left-handed
numer darowizny: SRTF/067/SWD .
1 month ago
25 comments:
I got this one without having to read the answer. That almost never happens.
My grandfather also, was forced to be right handed. I always used to try writing with my left hand when I was younger. I was even a little jealous of my left handed peers. They're cooler than us right-handed folk
Sometimes, the observant, will SCOPE that the X tend to wear wrist watches differently than non-X folk.
I'm "X" too. :) I always assume it's just a sign of genius. Haha.
Hunter - Does that mean I did a good job or a terrible job? ; )
Falling Up - Aww, that is so cute! I can just imagine little Falling Up trying to write with the wrong hand
; ) My dad told me the teachers used to smack my grandpa's hand with a ruler if he tried to write with his left hand.
Scope - I don't have a watch right now but I always used to wear one on the left wrist. It made sense to me to have the watch on the hand I was more likely to look at!
VA - Hahaha, of course it is! And beauty as well, don't forget that
; )
Your mom.
Hahahah loved it!
Mr C - Thanks! ... Are you drinking and blogging?!
; )
Being left handed is great unless you're right handed and sitting next to a left handed person and you keep elbowing each other :)
In a meaningful gesture of solidarity, I highlighted the line with my left hand.
My first guess was alien/human hybrid. Imagine how foolish I felt when I highlighted the text!
The Kid - Hahaha, yes! It's awkward with groups in restaurants too, I try to sit so my left side is out on the corner.
Coop - *silently raises left fist*
SkyDad - Who told y- I mean uh, hahaha, how silly of you!
; )
That's just downright weird. Right-handed people are marked by genius. Must be if I'm one.
My little sister was a lefty in the 70's, but her teachers taught her to write with her right hand instead. I always thought that was so mean! Why should a teacher care which hand a student writes with anyway? It had its benefits though. By high school she was ambidextrous and could write with both hands!
Madame DeF - No, no, you're the exception that proves the rule... or something (isn't that a dumb expression? I smell a blog post ; )
Cora - It is mean! Although there is one benefit to being right handed and that is that all your teachers will be bale to teach you how to hold a pen and write neatly, neither of which I can do.
... be able, obviously.
Also, I am so SICK of smudging every damn thing I write. And trying to use scissors. And elbowing people in restaurants. And being SO. DAMN. AWESOME.
But when I'm back in the UK visiting, I completely rule because I'm the only person who lives in North America I know who doesn't find changing gear awkward because you have to do it left-handed over there. Yay for me. (and you)
Haha! My sis and my grandfather are lefties. A rare but wonderful breed :-)
VA - Grr scissors! Haha I didn't notice any difference with gear shifting but then I am a terrible driver no matter what side of the road I am on.
LiLu - Aww. Hmm, I wonder if the left handedness skips generations?
hahahaha. i was like, omg, physically punished??? i thought it had something to do with religion.
but my sisters and my dad are both lefties.
CA - I don't know if anti-leftiness exists in other cultures besides mine (Western, white, English-based); I know in some cultures there are specific prescribed uses for the left and right hand so I imagine there must have been a bit at some point.
They made my mom switch in school, too. My brother is left-handed, so our family is 50/50.
WWW - Those evil right handed fascists! OK so I guess it doesn't necessarily skip generations then.
I knew that because I'm X, too!!
Tara - Hehe, go southpaws!
Post a Comment