Wednesday, January 20, 2010

What's the business?

Ice cold Dr Pepper is the business.

Unexpected windfalls involving cheeseburgers are the business.

Watching a movie you suspect is going to be a bit crap and then it turns out completely awesome is the business.

Sunshowers are the business.

Watching a kitten fall off the couch, backwards, attached by her claws to (what is now) the underside of a toppling cushion, with a surprised look on her tiny little face, is the business.

What's the business in your world?


PS - Does anyone want to write a lovely, family-friendly guest post for me? Clearly, I need the help.

37 comments:

Cora said...

A big heaping bowl of Mission To Maripan is the business.

Knowing Scope will be here in only eight days is the business.

Getting off of work two hours early unexpectedly is the business.

Ahhhhhhh, life feels pretty good right about now.

:-)

Mr. Condescending said...

S&C I've promised you a family safe guest post for so long now, I haven't forgotten.

I'm absolutely crushed with work right now and I've neglected my own blog, but soon as I'm up to par I look forward to writing a post for you!

I hope you get some other cool bloggers to do a guest post too for you.

And I miss the drawing things!

Anonymous said...

Getting sudden inspiration from a completely unrelated object/event is the business in my world.

Scope said...

I've resorted to blogging about blogging 2 days so far this week, and probably once more before the week ends.

But I'd help if I could.

Soda and Candy said...

Cora - Mission to Marzipan? Hmm, I haven't eaten that yet. Sounds like life IS pretty good!

Mr C - That's cool, I know how it is. Stupid responsibilities!

WellFed - Yes! I love those moments where an idea goes *ping!* in your brain..

Sally-Sal said...

I don't drink regular soda, but there's this billboard in my town.

A can of ice cold Dr. Pepper.

It's so damn sexy. Seductive.
I swear it winks at me everytime I drive past.

Today, I fell. I bought a can of Dr. Pepper and it was everything I imagined it could be.

Anonymous said...

The business is getting back to blogging!

Heyya, Tish here. My Telephone Booth is obviously no more, but I'm over at wordpress now with my new blog, Twitches and Steam (tishtasha.wordpress.com).

Hope you come by.

SkylersDad said...

My second Guinness of the evening is the business!

Mmmmmmmm

Candy's daily Dandy said...

Spaghettti and meatballs is the business.

School cancellations and a snowy day is the business.

Any trip to a tropical destination is the business.

Soda and Candy said...

Scope - I feel you on that one : )

Sally-Sal - Ha! Yes! You are a convert to the sweet fizziness!

TishTasha - Yay! Of course I will, my lovely warrior queen!

SkyDad - Aww, I imagine you sitting by the fire with your pipe and chewing through a nice pint ; )

Candy - Yes! One day I will make it to the Bahamas... and eat spaghetti & meatballs on the... snowy... beach?

Scope said...

The plane flight to Seattle next Thursday is the business.

And I like mixing "the business*" with pleasure.

* Please note: "The Business" is not to be confused with "The Situation" that douche, Mike, from "Jersey Shore" on MTV.

BeckEye said...

Letting you know how disgusting Dr. Pepper is. That's my business.

Soda and Candy said...

Scope - Yeah I have heard that show is basically a harbinger of the End Times.

BeckEye - You are WRONG AND BROKEN, but you are pretty and funny so I forgive you.

Eric said...

Fair-haired ladies in short skirts are *the* *biz*ness...

Oh wait, can the comments be mildly family unfriendly? You were just talking about the guest post when you said that, right?

Soda and Candy said...

Eric - Aw, only fair-haired ladies? Nah that's okay, just no *serious* curse words. I try to keep it PG-13 here.

Anonymous said...

Oh, Soda & Candy, I would write a guest post for you if I weren't so far behind! How about a picture of said kitten falling off the couch?? :)

Soda and Candy said...

Spleeness - I know the feeling. I do have video of her chasing her tail, which she does on the regular.

Vic said...

Circus cookies are the business.

Dr. Pepper is too pruney to be the business. :)

words...words...words... said...

The first lightning-and-thunder-and-hail-storm I've experienced in LA is the business.

Writing in my blog more than once a month is the business.

Red wine and anything with tomato sauce is the business.

Anticipating a fun trip is the business.

Voluptuous redheads are the business. And it's Business Time.

Soda and Candy said...

Vic -Booooooo! Well it's either Dr Pepper or that yoghurt Jamie Lee Curtis sells that makes old women poo. Sounds like I need to try circus cookies though.

WWW - You say "Is that it?" But I know what you mean, you mean "Aww yeah, that's it!"

mo.stoneskin said...

That kitten story made me grin like never before.

Reminds me of the time I was with some mates in the woods (playing war games I might add) and we saw a deer in front of us. It was startled by our appearance, stopped to stare for a moment, walked forward and tripped over the path. It was fantastic.

Soda and Candy said...

Mo - Hahahahaha, I bet you'll remember that moment forever!

Hunter said...

When you manage to surprise yourself, that's the business.

Anonymous said...

Eating stupendous amounts of Brie in lieu of a proper dinner is the business.

Falling asleep with the light on, still clutching an awesome new book, is the business.

Surprise breakfast in bed — with pancakes! and real, death-laden butter! — is the business.

You are the business.

Soda and Candy said...

auburnette - I'm SO with you on the brie and pancakes (not together... or maybe?)
Thank you!

Farnnay said...

Sleeping in is the business.

Pay Day is the business.

Shopping spree is the business.

M said...

Are you sure it's the business and not the dogs bollocks?!

Simon Butler said...

The cruel satisfaction of seeing a TV newsreader or interviewer getting someone's name wrong.

Madame DeFarge said...

Getting the answers right to complicated sums is the business. Getting a visit from someone you really missed is the business. Realising you have virtual chums all over the world is the business.

Mrs. Cullen said...

whats a sunshower? when it rains but its sunny? LOL

Soda and Candy said...

CA - Ohh yeahhh! Co-sign on all of those!

M - Ha! I don't know if that means good or bad!

Simon - You bad, bad man! But correct of course.

Madame DeF - I wouldn't know about the sums, but a hearty yes to the other two!

Mrs Cullen - Yep! You know, when the sun is shining and random water just falls out of the one tiny cloud in the sky?

Mr. Condescending said...

Aww teacup commented! That's the business!

Deleting comic sans font is the business too!

Soda and Candy said...

Mr C - I know right? That's what's UP!

Andy - Instafather said...

Eating Keebler Elf Fudge Cookies is the business...

... and I'll write something for you; e-mail me and let me know what you want.

Soda and Candy said...

Andy - Hurrah! I will.

Farnnay said...

whats the business is you posting. youknowhatimean?

Soda and Candy said...

CA - Aw. I haven't had ideas or time lately! But I'm working on something.