Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Over to You: Hump Day Positivity

First off, get your minds out of the gutter - Wednesday is called Hump Day because it's the middle of the week. It has nothing to do with when a mummy and a daddy love each other very much*.
In the interest of putting some positivity** into the blogosphere, I want you to tell me what you think is good about you as a blogger.

The rules: It has to be 100% positive. I don't want to hear any qualifiers, like "I'm funny, but not as funny as..." or "I'm so crappy it has to be entertaining". I want to know what you think is good about your blogging. If it's a particular post, please provide a link in your comment.


Everyone who participates will win this awesome award of awesomeness:



Maybe you use your bloggerly influence to try to save a sweet little pup like Miss Yvonne. Maybe you can guess all my Original Drafts without checking the hovertext like BeckEye. Maybe if I do too many more of those there won't be anything left for y'all to comment.


*Whereas Friday is called POETS Day (Piss Off Early, Tomorrow's Saturday).***

**I will not call it "positive energy". Hippies.

***Yes, I accidentally posted this Tuesday night instead of scheduling it for Wednesday. But guess what, it's probably Wednesday already in Australia, so shut up.

27 comments:

Mr. Condescending said...

I love your awards hah.

What's good about my blogging is that I like commenting on bloggers who don't get a lot of comments. I like it when I run across blogs with little to no feedback and let them know their post was really funny or entertaining.

M said...

I think I am fabulous because:
1. I make bloody fantastic martinis
2. I'm from England (nuff said!)
3. My son is effing gorgeous
4. I'm just fabulous!

None of the above has anything to do with blogging, it is all just about me, me, me!!!!

Scope said...

What's good about me? I give good comments. Sometime deep. Sometimes funny. Sometimes straight to the gutter. And I am answering after midnight, so this totally counts as "Do the Humpty Dance" (Do the Humpty Hump!) Day.

BeckEye said...

I force my musical taste on everyone. That may sound negative, but it's really not. Because they all thank me later. I have the most awesome taste in music.

Simon Butler said...

What’s good about me as a blogger is that I provide a service for those using Google to search for images of celebrities’ breasts and Tom Cruise in leather, which account for about 95% of the searches arriving at my blog. Also, curiously, items such as ‘I'm ashamed of my handwriting’ and ‘is Bill Gates a member of the church of Satan’, which I am unable to account for.

mo.stoneskin said...

Well it has to be that I have such an incredibly-huge, super-massive crazy mind. Right?

Soda and Candy said...

Mr C - I am a huge believer in encouragement. I also like to promote blogs that I think need a wider audience.

M - You blog about all those things, I think, so that counts!

Scope - Mmm, comments. Like crack to bloggers! You are definitely s good dealer!

BeckEye - Education is so important. You also get one for inspiring this post with your last comment on the previous one!

Simon - Hahahaa, I'm sure I don't know what you're talking about. But yes, you are practically a community service.

Mo - I feel I detect a hint of sarcasm there, but I'll give you the benefit of the doubt. You do use them five dollar words after all.

SkylersDad said...

I suppose what is good about me is that I have opened up a few minds to the world of the disabled.

Either that or my rapists sharp wit...

FunnyGal KAT said...

I'm funny, bee-otches! Like, really funny (hence, the name of our blog...) I mean, even when I'm in a not-so-funny mood and I write something I think is kind of half-assed, I get told I'm funny. So I must be funny. (Did I mention I'm funny?)

Soda and Candy said...

SkyDad - Yes! to the first part. I think people are less likely to be prejudiced towards another group of people when they feel some kind of connection or familiarity. Not sure about your second bit there ; )

Funnygal KAT - You are indeed!

Anonymous said...

I'm surprised you have to ask me, Soda.

What's great about my blogging?

Well. Firstly I know lots and lots of bad words and I use them. Secondly I am a campaigner for cake and I think there needs to be more of those in the world. Thirdly not many people are as skilled as I am about rambling ad nauseum about mundane shit that doesn't matter and doing it sulkily. I can do it and I do, so that you don't have to. I also get to foist my paintings on the world and my always superior point of view, so what's not to like? Nothing that's what. Because I am, quite honestly, awesome.

Soda and Candy said...

VA - Mmm, cake. Sorry, got distracted! Those are all stellar reasons, but you also use words like "sulkily" which gives you bonus points in my book!

Anonymous said...

I write about Karl Wolf.

Wait, GOOD things about my blogging.

Uh... I... usually write with a thesaurus. This indicates that I put effort into my writing. Or something.

Soda and Candy said...

Miss Randell, I'm not sure that's positive enough. But you get an A in vocab ; )

Eurasian Sensation said...

Okay, I rock because...

I cover the "ethnic" Australian experience in a way that no one else on the net does.

I always try to explore a variety of reasonable perspectives to issues, rather than just sticking to standard left-right positions.

I'm apparently quite good in the bedroom. Admittedly this is not relevant to blogging, but if someone tells you this, you want to try and work it into conversations as much as you can.

Trinity said...

I have to say that I think I am awesome at mixing random things into a stew of good posting.

Soda and Candy said...

ES - I really enjoy your blog, I'm glad you are that voice too! (I'm gonna take you at your word on the other thing ; )

Trinity - Yes! I like mixing it up too, I think you do it well!

katrocket said...

I'm mean and funny at the same time and a lot people find that incredibly sexy.

Soda and Candy said...

Katrocket - Of course!

Farnnay said...

I think I'm a good blogger because I truly believe in Symphonic Discord's motto: These are the voices of different Muslim girls. We disagree, we argue, and each of us is unique with different opinions. In the hopes of teaching you something and making the world a little bit more open minded, we present to you our Symphonic Discord.

And I think I work hard for our blog.

Soda and Candy said...

CA - You do! And I find your blog really interesting too. I think you have a good motto!

Madame DeFarge said...

I'm good because I'm intelligent and use proper big words, grammar and everything. That makes me clever and that's always good. And I always write posts of the same length (480 or so words) so I don't take up much time. And sometimes my titles and closing words are funny. If you think like me.

Soda and Candy said...

Mme DeFarge - I LOVE proper big words and grammar! And being clever ; )

Cora said...

What makes me a good blogger? Ummm, well....

1. I'm funny. And punny. And often sunny.
2. I can rhyme. Some of the time.
3. I'm honest and open and a little brave, dammit - I invited all of Blog World to watch me meet and fall in love with Scope. It was a bit like dating on a stage sometimes. And think how freaking awkward it would have been if it hadn't worked out!!!! *shudder*
4. Even though I have been stripped of like 80% of my blogging time lately (*sniffle*) I still find a way to squeeze it in here and there. Dedication, baby!

Soda and Candy said...

Cora - Right? It couldn't have worked out better with Scope!! No slacking off once you're married either, missy!

Anonymous said...

1. No one rocks a buffet table like me!
2. I love free food
3. I'm a happy chick

Soda and Candy said...

Spleeness - Yay! I am right behind you in the (free) buffet line.