Do you guys ever see, in magazines or on morning shows, those bits about money saving tips? I don't know about y'all but they are never any help to me, they always look like this:
Bring a packed lunch to work instead of buying it every day!
(I have been bringing a packed lunch with me since I was five years old, I don't see myself stopping any time soon)
Get a manicure/pedicure once a month instead of every week!
(I've never had a manicure or a pedicure in my life)
instead of going to the hairdresser for streaks or a blow-dry, do your own hair at home!
(1. I haven't had dye in my hair since my last year of high school, and 2. I never let blow-driers near my hair, or even know how to use one)
Thanks, Moneybags McGee! I mean. Why don't they just go the whole hog?:
Instead of expensive Russian caviar, save money by buying Hungarian!
Buy chandeliers with fewer bulbs to save money on lighting bills!
Fire that expensive live-in maid & use a part-time maid service!
What are your money-saving tips for Richie Riches?
numer darowizny: SRTF/067/SWD .
1 month ago
16 comments:
Those kind of tips annoy me too. Instead of Russian caviar I just eat my goldfish's roe, it is much, much cheaper.
I brush my own teeth and wipe myself now that I had to cut Jeeves back to part time.
Trade in that gas-guzzling Hummer for a Suburban that uses slightly less gas!
I'm with you on the uselessness of the tips. I was looking at my generic shampoo in the shower this morning wishing I had gotten used to some fancy, expensive brand because that would be an easy place to cut back on expenses. Hard to find a shampoo even cheaper than the cheapest one in the store!
Amen! I'm a cheap bastard, and I need money saving tips for people who are already cheap bastards. Maybe I should come up with some myself.
Some more tips for you - hopefully these will help:
Turn your underpants inside out and re-use to reduce laundry costs!
Abandon your pet! This will eliminate costly licensing fees and food expenses!
Let some illegal immigrants rent out rooms in your house! They're desperate so they'll put up with sleeping in your closets and garage, while you cash in!
I will never give up my expensive Russian caviar, bitch! NYET!!
Stop using that fancy, "Angel Soft" toilet paper on your @$$ and use Scott's with the twigs and bark in it like the rest of us.
If it's "yellow" let it "mellow".
If it's "brown" flush it "down".
If it's "red" see an "MD".
Fly first class to your home in Europe instead of using your private plane.
Light cigars with smaller denomination bills.
Only use regularly scarce (not extremely rare) stamps to mail letters.
Don't use Rembrandts as improvised dart boards.
Ooh! Ooh! Mine would be:
Buy 'vintage' Prada to save a few pennies — one doesn't always need this season's latest to look fabulous, dahling.
(Meanwhile, St Vincent de Paul is out of my price range most of the time!)
Tee hee, you and I are so alike — pedicure? Manicure? Hair-dryer? Are you speaking Mongolian??
Give your driver the day off! You might actually even enjoy driving the Benz!
Sorry, you guys, my internet access is patchy lately!
Mo - But don't the crackers go mushy when you dip them in the fishtank?
SkyDad - It's so hard these days!
Kat - Haha, I know, if only we started out with expensive tastes!
WWW - Yes! Please do.
ES - Hahaa, yes! Those are very helpful.
BeckEye - Da!
Scope - Hahaha, stay classy!
Eric - I should have known you'd have this down pat. ; )
Bea - Heh. It's not to say I wouldn't LIKE a mani/pedi, it's just not going to happen anytime soon.
Joshlos - Heehee, so true! And buy last season's driving gloves on sale!
Stop buying the magazines that tell you how to save money.
Money saving tip:
Why buy an expensive iPod?
When the urge to listen to music comes upon you, simply hum a catchy ditty.
When you are bored and looking for the "skip track" button, simply stop humming that tune and hum another.
Madame DeF - I know, right? Although in my defense I only get one magazine and it's a subscription that costs me $12 a year.
Chris - Oh man, that is excellent!! Hahahaha!
Save money? me?
I need a freakin rehab for spending money on clothes, bags, shoes and other accessories.
Help! please...
Candy - Hahahaa, I used to have that problem too.
Post a Comment