Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Sweet, sweet candy.

I have been sadly lacking in sugar-related content on this blog lately, so here's a two-fer.

1. A recipe: Super Easy Peanut Butter Cups
(little chocolate cups filled with peanut butter, for those of you unaware of the glory)

Ingredients:
1 tub chocolate frosting
1 jar peanut butter, crunchy

Using a teaspoon, remove 1/2 teaspoon of chocolate frosting from the tub.
Using the same teaspoon now containing the frosting, remove 1/2 teaspoon of peanut butter from the jar.
Serve directly into mouth. Swirl if desired.
Repeat until suffused with the joy and wonder of life / insulin shock sets in.

2. Another blog about candy
(much more about candy than mine is, to be honest)

Richard, The Bewildered Brit, is a British expat living in the USA. He writes about the history of various candies, both famous and obscure, and includes reviews for your gustatory information! It went on my reading list because I like to hear other non-US born viewpoints on this place, because I like learning about things (in short bursts appropriate to my attention span), and (duh) because it's about one of my favorite things (candy, duh). I also imagine the blog's voice as a posh, Jeeves-like accent, which always makes things more enjoyable.

So in summation, you should read The Bewildered Brit, but only if it doesn't interfere with paying attention to me!

Clearly, no one could be a more appropriate candidate for the Sweet Blogger Award.

18 comments:

SkylersDad said...

"swirl if desired".

Oh that is just great!

Anonymous said...

Now I want sugar...thanks a lot, soda!

Mmm, if you traded the chocolate frosting for Nutella, that first recipe would be divine.

Mr. Condescending said...

haha I like the bewildered brit.

Hope everything is well with you S&C! I want candy now.

Hunter said...

Chocolate and peanut butter? Sold!

Soda and Candy said...

SkyDad - Heh. Thanks! I am pretty much a gourmet chef now.

WellFed - Pah, that's too healthy ; ) Do you pronounce it Noo-tella or Nut-ella?

Mr C - It is! Thanks! Mmm, candy.

Hunter - Right? I find it's a peculiarly American combo.

Richard said...

Blimey O'Riley, thank you so much for the wonderful award! I'm honoured and touched.

Also, soon you'll be able to find out exactly what my accent is like... I'm hoping to video the first TBB TV episode very soon! :)

Thank you again! :)

Soda and Candy said...

Richard - You are very welcome sir! I will look out for the video, that is exciting!

Gwen said...

Your recipe reminded me of this:

At one of my wedding showers the guests were supposed to bring a recipe from their personal collection. My cousin wrote out a recipe for Cheese and Cracker Appetizer. It went something like this:

"Buy a can of cheese. Buy a boc of crackers. Squirt cheese on crackers. Eat."

Your recipe is fancier because I need to own a spoon to make it. YUM! XOXO

Living Shallow, Living Well said...

I ate half a bag of sour gummy worms for dinner and now want to vomit. But part of me wants more gummy worms. AAHH!!

Soda and Candy said...

Gwen - There's always a smart-ass. (Hint - usually it's me ; )

LSLW - I like your name! I know the feeling. "Bleurgh, I drank too much soda. What would make me feel better? More soda?"

words...words...words... said...

It's noo-tella. Mmm.

I think frosting is a bit too sweet for that. I like to use Hershey's miniatures as scoops for the peanut butter. That's the stuff. Mmmm.

Soda and Candy said...

WWW - But it's made out of NUTS, so it should be NUTella. Heh. I said "nuts".
But I do like your Hershey's Miniatures idea...

Madame DeFarge said...

having just eaten half a big treacle tart, I'm all sweeted out. But I shall live to scoff again. With this recipe by by side.

Soda and Candy said...

Madame, it's important to plan ahead! ; ) also, what IS a treacle tart? It sounds delightful.

Farnnay said...

:) im gonna check it out! thanks for the recommendation.

Soda and Candy said...

CA - Yay!

Anonymous said...

OhMyEverlovingGOD.

Peanut butter cups?

How did you KNOW that I was craving that sweet, sweet combo of peanut butter and chocolate? HOW? Should I be making an al-foil hat, S&C? At least I'll be in the kitchen if I need to whip one up :P

Soda and Candy said...

Bea - Haha, priceless! I should imagine peanut butter cups are hard to come by in your neck of the woods. Now you can make a substitute at home!
; )