Thursday, December 10, 2009

Bite Size: Just give me the chicken and no one gets hurt.

Y'all, I almost mugged an old lady on the bus the other day for her bucket of Kentucky Grilled Chicken.

In all likelihood it's as dire as their regular fried chicken, but damn it smelled good.

20 comments:

Mr. Condescending said...

I say go get some!

Scope said...

Was she eating it right out of the bucket on public transit?

Nothing says "the South" like eating chicken out of the bucket riding the bus. There may even be a rule that at least one passanger a bus has to be. When they get off, they had the communal bucket to the next person.

I rode the bus once in S-town, and the chicken WASN'T grilled. At least I hope it was chicken and not just a reused bucket.

Trinity said...

What is the deal with Fried Chicken. I think if a woman needs a man she should just carry a couple of drumsticks in her pockets cause it will instantly draw them over.

Anonymous said...

you shouldn't be allowed to get on the bus with something that smells that delicious without being forced to share

mo.stoneskin said...

When you say "almost" I know as well as anyone that want you really meant to say was that you spawned a clone devoid of a sense of responsibility and understanding of common decency and your clone stole the KFC and scoffed the lot.

Right?

Eric said...

It might smell good, but I bet that it tastes like chicken.

Cora said...

This reminds me of Seinfeld stealing the marble rye from the little old lady! *snicker*

Cora said...

Oh! By the way, I tried the Tim Tams and I was shocked - when I was a kid we used to travel to England to visit the fam, and we always had Penguin Biscuits there which we LOVED. Tim Tams are Penguins!!!! They're the very same cookie!!!! My daughter and I ate the ENTIRE package of Tim Tams in about ten minutes flat! Mmmmmmmm....

Soda and Candy said...

Mr C - I may have to, if only to prevent me murdering someone for their food.

Scope - Hahahaha, you're so right. Southerners will not be denied their right to eat chicken at any time.

Trinity - Unless he is a vegetarian. Also, the horde of stray cats also attracted may cause problems!

Prosy - Damn straight. I'm pretty sure that's in the Constitution (and if not it should be)

Mo - *shifty eyes* Yes... a clone...

Eric - Doesn't everything? ; )

Cora - Oh wow! You must tell Veggie, I think she can get Penguins in Canada.

SkylersDad said...

I can never look at a KFC bucket without recalling the aftermath of a big party I was at. Several people waking up at a house after crashing from hard drinking, and seeing this rather large fellow that nobody knew sitting in the corner with a container of *cold* KFC mashed potatoes, and eating them with his fingers.

Not what you want to see first thing in the morning with a major hangover.

Soda and Candy said...

Ughhhh, I think that mental image is making me want to hurl right now!!!

Killi said...

Note to self: Never read a post that mentions Fried Chicken when drinking a glass of wine...the combination will lead to cravings.

And Tim Tams aren't Penguins...Penguins are Tim Tam knock offs. Just ask any Aussie/Kiwi in London ;-)

Soda and Candy said...

Killi - D'oh! Sorry. I always get hungry when I watch Top Chef... Oh no, they are knockoffs? Oh well, even bad chocolate is still chocolate!

Candy's daily Dandy said...

Oh hell to the ya!

I gotta get me summmm!!

VENNILLA said...

Hi Friend.. This is Vennilla here..u r doing an excellent work.. Can we exchange links..

Soda and Candy said...

Candy - Heehee, I think I may be fattening up the blogosphere! Just remember to get the grilled version.

VENNILLA - I can feel the sincerity coming off you in waves, but if you can't spell vanilla, I'm not sure we can be friends.

SabinePsynopsis said...

That's what eating lots of sweets does to you... Sabine x

Anonymous said...

I don't think that would've been your fault. You could get off on the "it smelled so damn good!" defense!

Soda and Candy said...

Sabine - It gives you meat fever?

Spleeness - Actually I'm pretty sure that's a legitimate defense in the South.

WendyB said...

I haven't had fried chicken in sooooo long. Now I'm wanting it.