A three part question for you:
1. If you were offered the chance to live in a colony on the moon*, would you do it?
2. If you answered yes, why? If you answered no, why not?
3. What would change your answer to Question 1?
Here are my answers:
1. Hell yes!
2. Duh, it's the freaking moon. But to give a fuller answer, I think it would be awesome to be part of something that unusual and historic (in a context where the moon was the first place humans lived other than Earth). And it would be cool to look out of my window at Earth.
3. I would not go if we had to all wear the same outfit all the time.
*Under a dome or something, I'm not a scientist.
numer darowizny: SRTF/067/SWD .
1 month ago
27 comments:
I used to get my neighbor to moon me when we were kids! So I love the moon!
I heard that after working on the Moon for three years they kill you and your clone takes over.
So I think I'll stay on Earth.
1 - Sign me up.
2 - I would only weigh 50 lbs! But seriously, the chance... of doing that...
3 - If I couldn't take Cora, deals off.
haa haa
Love your 3rd answer ;)
1.) Yes. No question.
2.) I love the idea of space travel and the exploration of other worlds.
3.) Space shuttle exploding as it launches.
1. No
2. Because I am hoping that a lot of the people I don't like will answer question 1 with the answer "Yes".
3. Vernon Kay being elected Prime Minister.
1. I'm sure it would be like going to Winnipeg. The minute I got there, I'd want to book the next flight home. So, no.
2. Have you been to Winnipeg?
3. Waterfront might be nice. At least it would give me the impression they wanted me there.
I would go in a heartbeat, my first love was space and I am a huge space geek!
Mr C - Sure, but would you want to *live* on that moon?
Veggie - Ooh yeah that's probably a dealbreaker for me as well.
; )
Scope - Awwww. Same for me with Husband, we're a package deal. I probably wouldn't go if I couldn't leave whenever I wanted either.
cybeel - Hehe, thanks! And welcome!
Mysterg - Yeah #3 wouldn't be my favorite either!
Mr LS - Hahaha, you curmudgeon. I wouldn't like to live on the moon if everyone else there was an a-hole.
Coop - Ah, but what if you had to choose between Winnipeg & the Moon??? And of course they would want you there!!!
SkyDad - I think it would be cool. But we are way behind schedule according to classic sci-fi.
No, there is no civilization history on the moon, or much architecture. There are some unique rocks though, which might be pretty cool. Imagine putting in new countertops, and being able to tell guests, 'Why yes, I had the stone for these flown in from the MOON.'
Hahahahahaha, moon-rock countertops. I bet you would do that too!
1) Hell no, 2) That's fucking dangerous, what if my helmet cracked?? and 3) Maybe if there were cookies. Maybe.
I had this book in first grade that talked about how we would be living on the moon in a few years. I was pretty disappointed when I turned 10 and it still hadn't happened. So yes, I would totally go. It would be cool to be a pioneer. I would change it to no if it was always really cold, and if we couldn't have puppies.
I owe you a post. I didn't forget, promise! Just packing up for more travel and it's been hectic.
Ok, would I live on the moon? No. Why? No ocean. I need to be near water or I'd die. Plus I'd miss my peeps. What would change this? I'm not sure. An ocean and an internet connection might.
Steamy - Would you settle for MOON PIES?!?!
Prosy - Yes! Pioneering a wagon train across the moon! Oh yeah, the heating bills would probably be pretty high.
Spleeness - Yay! No worries. Also, that is a very good point, I'm a die-hard coastal dweller as well. Maybe they could terraform it and put some fake rivers in or something. And internet connection would be vital.
1. If it was a temporary situation, then yes, I'd go.
2. Well, I think I'd kick myself for not taking the chance. Plus it would be sooooooooooo nice being that far away from my ex for awhile, c'mon! ;-)
3. If it was a forever and ever and ever deal? No way. I'd miss too much about Earth (like colors for starters!!) and I'd miss my daughter, Scope, my friends, etc.
Cora - Oh! Yes I suppose there's not much color on the moon. I wonder if you can see the stars better from there though.
1) No freakin' way.
2) I fear space travel in the same way others fear snakes, spiders, et al. Seriously, I have nightmares about it. Setting aside the whole 'fear' thing: I like earth a lot, and there's so much of it I haven't seen yet. I figure I should get to know my own planet better before jetting off to its rocky satellites. I promise I'll look at all your cool photos when you get back, though.
3) Nothing. The only way you'd get me up there is if someone slipped me a roofie or ten first and suited me up in moon gear while I was unconscious. Or if some space pirate ransomed my family and I had to go and rescue them from the moon. Maybe then.
1. Oh yeah.
2. Why should we just be able to destroy this planet? Of course, not too many natural minerals on the moon, so we might be able to live in harmony for once.
3. Finding out 'The Moon' actually means 'The Dentist.'
Hahaha I love your part 3 answer. I wouldn't go because I'm lazy. I'd change my mind if they moved all the booze there.
Teacup - Really?! I never would have picked you to be a fraidy-cat! ; )
Tenny - That's the spirit! Heh, like "The Park" means "The Vet"?
LiLu - You little lush! I wonder what wine goes well with green cheese.
; )
No. I've seen too many episodes of The Twilight Zone to fall for such madness.
BeckEye - Hahaha, very good point.
BTW, Futurama does an excellent parody of The Twilight Zone called The Scary Door, which I recommend to anyone who's ever watched a decent amount of Twilight Zone.
I would live on the moon if it had everything that Earth had and then some. if not, then no.
CA - Don't bother changing unless you're trading up? Good strategy!
1), no, 2) seen too many episodes of Space 1999 and 3) as long as I didn't have to wear their jumpsuits.
Madame - See, you know what I'm saying with the outfits!
Post a Comment