Friday, August 7, 2009

The sky.

The sky was blue for the first time in days, but the bus still smelled like unwashed bodies and despair.

14 comments:

Scope said...

Talk about "Your huddled masses yearning to breathe free".

Public transportation in the United State.

Cora said...

As busses often do.

Candy's daily Dandy said...

I'm sorry your having your menses.

I can relate babe.

Eric said...

A post New Orleans hurricane poem?

SkylersDad said...

I remember the smell of despair when I commuted into downtown on the bus. It was reminiscent weasel and marmot scent during mating season.

Soda and Candy said...

Corascope - Pretty much. : )

Candy - Hahahahaha, I really am that transparent, aren't I?

Eric - Just the everyday blues.

SkyDad - Haha - musky!

Anonymous said...

It makes me think of that Jade Plug in commercial where the woman gets on the dirty Greyhound-esque coach full of stink and fantasizes about if only she could plug a Jade Plug in RIGHT INTO THE WINDOW. Damn advertising in my brain. :(

Gwen said...

That is a perfect opening line for a novel or short story.

*dons her English lit professor cap*

You should expand on this.

*takes off professor cap*

words...words...words... said...

This post has inspired me to nickname the trailer I work in "The Bus".

Soda and Candy said...

Veggie - Hahaha, I wish I'd had on on my bus!

Gwen - Right you are Professor! I kind of like writing fragments, everyone can add their own interpretation.

WWW - Hahaha, you trailer trash you!

tennysoneehemingway said...

I love this post. It is just perfect. I can almost smell the bus as I type these words. Damn you S&C, and your perfect summarizations.

Soda and Candy said...

Aww, thanks Tennyson! I'm glad I didn't freak anyone out with such a random different style of post, but then I think my style is all over the shop anyway.
: )

rachaelgking said...

I'm pretty sure "bus" is synonymous with "stench of unwashed bodies", actually... did you at least have WiFi? WiFi makes everything okay...

Soda and Candy said...

LiLu - Nope, but my bus ride is blessedly short.