Monday, August 31, 2009

I feel like a bit of a wanker, writing all these poems.

I have been like sand
Letting everything wash over me
Pass through me
Washing me away grain by grain

Now I picture myself as the rich black earth
The sun gives me heat
The rain nourishes me
And good things will grow.

20 comments:

mo.stoneskin said...

"Washing me away grain by grain"

That is a beautiful line, and I relate to it more than you could know. I'm so far losing the battle. Maybe I should re-make myself as a concrete monolith?

Scope said...

I picture myself as the red clay
Not very nurturing to plants
But artist love me
But only after I've been fired.

Scope said...

Lame, but in a hurry, sorry. And I know I haven't commented in a while, so I needed to make sure I showed you a little blogger love today.

Cowguy said...

Your poetry is much smoother than mine... and more repeatable at family gatherings.


I dated a girl,
her name was Babs.
We humped like rabbits,
she gave me crabs.


My mom hated this poem when I wrote it on her birthday card.

BeckEye said...

Wank away, dear

Cora said...

I can absolutely relate.

And now I feel the urge to hug you.

((((HUG)))

Eric said...

Who really owns the sod?
I think it's just on loam
if we silt through the facts.

Thank you very mulch.

SkylersDad said...

There once was a man from Nantucket...

Oh well, you probably know that one anyway.

Soda and Candy said...

Mo - Thank you so much... I actually wrote this a while ago and I'm back to feeling a bit sandy.

Scope - Hahaha, lovely.

Cowguy - *wipes a tear* That was beautiful.

BeckEye - Well, now that I have permission...

Cora - Thanks mate! *gratefully accepts hug*

Eric - Hahahahahahaha, nothing like a good pun or twelve to put a smile on my face!

SkyDad - I'm familiar with the dirty limerick genre, thanks!
; )

words...words...words... said...

I'm glad to see you making something good out of what's washing you away :)

Soda and Candy said...

WWW - Thank you sir, that's very kind of you.

Vic said...

I like this one a lot. It's very elemental and spare. Just right.

Soda and Candy said...

Vic - Thank you! It's funny how my poems are so tiny when my posts are usually long and rambling.

Farnnay said...

whyyyyyyy.........do u feel like a wanker?

Soda and Candy said...

CA - Dunno, I guess it just feels a bit pretentious to write poems like I'm this deep person when really I'm about as shallow as it gets.
: )

Sharon said...

I'm going to agree with you, you are an official wanker. But not in a mean way

Meg said...

Ooh... I love this. A transformation so many of us need to make.

Soda and Candy said...

Sharon - Uh, thanks?

One Sassy Girl - True. It can be so hard to maintain the self. Maybe as I get older I will figure it out more easily.

Unknown said...

nah--as you get older you just wash away faster!

Soda and Candy said...

Eva - Welcome! Also, dang it!