Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Real Car Scents


Confirmed Bachelor
The ladies will be sure to know you're oh-so-available when they catch a whiff of this vague, mildewy scent with subtle undertones of Parmesan and gym socks.




Axe™ Miasma
Works on your car just like it does on your body! Drench your ride in an overpowering musk of hormones and desperation.




Nicotine Fug
Want to appear cooler to your friends? More stressed out to your boss or colleagues? Fill your car with the all-pervading, persistent aroma of two packs a day.




Playgroup
Just because you don't drive a minivan doesn't mean your vehicle can't have that soaked-in essence of apple juice, cookie crumbs and warm urine.

25 comments:

Scope said...

Does the "Confirmed Bachelor" also hint of french fries? Because my car sure does.

Anonymous said...

BEAUTIFUL!

Actually, they can't be much worse than some of the "normal" scents they put on those things. They smell like toilet cleaner mixed with daffodils.

Eric said...

Hahah! These are great!

I find the tree that smells like 'fresh leather wallet filled with cash' works best.

I'm not sure about how 'covered with marble dust and sweat after chiseling all day' will work. Haven't tried that one yet.

Cora said...

Ha ha ha! Playgroup slayed me! I'm a nanny - that is my car's scent. *hanging head in shame*

Simon Butler said...

Now there’s a thing. I was brought up to believe that “I’m a confirmed bachelor” was a euphemism for “I’m gay”, from earlier, less tolerant times.

Gwen said...

Very clever, miss, but I think I will stick with the chocolate cupcake scented one that Whiskeymarie gave me for me bee-day. It tells the world that I gave up sex for food and now I can't even get into my own pants.

Sandy said...

Haha! Good ones. I am going through the rest of your blog, and I am loving it.
Do stop by The Village Idiot sometime.
Cheers!
-Sandy

Soda and Candy said...

Scope - Heehee, I wish I ate french fries enough for our car to smell like them!

Veggie - I bought a cherry one once and it immediately filled the car with toxic fumes, we had to throw it out after 5 seconds.

Eric - Marble dust could work, it's quite expensive amiright?

Cora - Hahahahahahaha, I thought of you when I was doing that one!!!

Simon - Ooh, perhaps mine should be "Doomed to Bachelorhood"?

Gwen - Hahaha, that's awesome.

Sandy - Thanks, I will!

Esmé Glass said...

When I drove my mom's car it smelled like sour goat's milk from this summer when I worked on a goat farm and spilled milk all over the floor... then neglected to clean it up for about five weeks.

This is why my mother no longer lends me the keys.

Valerie said...

You could use the bachelor and the playground and get "I have the kids every other weekend" smell.

FunnyGal KAT said...

HA HA HA! I love that the confirmed bachelor includes Parmesan and gym socks! And I'm still laughing at the "Playgroup" description-- I imagine that you are spot on with that one, too.

words...words...words... said...

I LOVE these. My car probably DOES smell like parmesan sometimes. And maybe stale coffee. And awesomeness. But not socks.

Cooper Green said...

What a great idea! So many more come to mind that starting today I'm using 3 different deodorants (in case it's me). I don't see SPCA Scent, a combination of wet dog and unneutered cat that has the added bonus of a new fur coat, and Rain Forest (very common here in BC): subtle fragrances of mildew and mold that mark the 20-year old car that's never been parked out of the rain.

Soda and Candy said...

Racquel - Hey, it's better than crashing it.

Valerie - Hahahaha! Ooh, scent layering, how fancy! ; )

KAT - I've been in cars with that smell. *shudder*

WWW - Mmhmm. What does awesomeness smell like?

Cooper - Hahaha, nice. I think there should also be a Fusty Old Codger one that smells like shoe polish, old books and cheap beer.

SkylersDad said...

My car tends to smell like wet dog, I don't know if that makes me appealing or not.

Soda and Candy said...

Only if there's a really cute wet dog in the car with you.
: )

Anonymous said...

AXE Miasma, as I recall it, was an overpowering mix of bodily stench (not washed for the past 3 days) and cheap, stinky perfume.

tennysoneehemingway said...

I want you to make these for real now. You could have proper, personalised ones. I'd have to have Failed Musician. It'd smell of beer, vomit, sweat and be perpetually sticky.

the girl with the pink teacup said...

Ditto what SkylersDad says. Our car also has a faint undertone of petrol fumes. I think we need to get that one checked out... It explains a lot.

rachaelgking said...

You had me at "warm urine"...

Mr. Condescending said...

that was VERY creative, i don't know how I missed this post? Maybe it was because I was busy doing my extravaganza with you included!

I friggin HATE the smell of that axe stuff by the way.

Soda and Candy said...

Well Fed - Too true, too true!!!

Tennyson - Oh dear god, personalized mean scents, hahahaha! I think mine would be the overpowering sickly sweet cherry that we had to throw away!!!

Teacup - Don't sniff the petrol-scented trees too hard!

LiLu - Hahahahaa, nice. Jerry Maguire was really kind of a terrible movie but it gave so much to our culture!

Mr C - But you didn't miss it! I am however leaving my posts up for a tiny bit longer these days. Thank you for putting me in your extravaganza!!!

Anonymous said...

Hey, so are these in stores yet or what?

Soda and Candy said...

joshlos - Heh, maybe I should trademark them! : )

Sally-Sal said...

I think that collection should also include the 'lonely man' freshener which reeks of desperation, and axe.