Tuesday, August 4, 2009

I'd write more posts but...

...I'm sitting in a quaint little café in Paris, eating a fresh baguette with thick slices of creamy, decadent brie, admiring my new Christian Louboutin stilettos and Hermès silk scarf...

...I'm gliding along the canals of Venice in a gondola laden with Italian shoes and beautiful Murano glass, daintily nibbling on delicious lemon, blood-orange and pannacotta gelato...

...I'm in Hong Kong being measured for a tailor-made hot pink cheongsam, drinking jasmine tea and eating fluffy white barbecue pork buns, giggling at the antics of my new pet baby panda...

...I'm on a Tahitian beach, lying on an enormous towel under the shade of a coconut palm, being lulled to sleep by the waves lapping the shore and the soothing scent of tropical flowers on the breeze while my monkey butler fetches me freshly squeezed pineapple and orange juice...


...I'm at home sick, achey, nauseous and sorely lacking in blogly inspiration (thanks to Gwen for giving me this idea!)

How about you guys?

22 comments:

sj said...

oooh! the first one! you had me at "christian louboutin."

sigh.

must bluefly now.

Anonymous said...

I'm on that same Tahitian beach. I'm not seeing you? Unless you're that 80 year old topless lady with psoriasis? I thought not. :)

Feel better chica. I'll have a fruity cocktail for you.

Farnnay said...

Too bad all of the above isnt true...

Hopefully you feel better soon!

Anonymous said...

I hope you feel better!

Eric said...

My vote is for #2, but I guess you could have guessed :)

M said...

Oh no, feel better soon! At least you have a great imagination and can whisk yourself off somewhere lovely!!

Valerie said...

at first I thought you were serious and I was like... that bitch! and then I go oh.. I'm just dumb.

I always love your posts btw :)

Cora said...

DEJA FREAKIN' VU!! I'm home sick as a dog (raging ear infection and strep throat) right now too and can't be bothered to throw together any blog posts either.

Here's hoping you and I both feel better soon!

((((HUGS))))

Scope said...

I'm just going through a "lazy toad" stage.

Mr O said...

the fourth one sounds the best. I'm kinda a beach guy and monkey butler sounds so cool, i just hope we could hang out when his shift ends

Anonymous said...

You might be the last blogger standing at this rate anyway as they all quit/go to once a week/post self-referential stuff about once a fortnight.

tennysoneehemingway said...

I'd write more posts but, all of a sudden, I've forgotten that English isn't my first language.

Cooper Green said...

I'm accepting gifts of affection from the neighbour's cat: a dead mouse, a sparrow skull, a Volkswagen that's low on gas....

Big cat. Thanks for asking.

Soda and Candy said...

Thanks you guys, I appreciate y'all.

I'm not really up enough to reply to each comment but I have Powerade and its advanced electrolyte system (which I'm pretty sure is code for extra high fructose corn syrup and orange food coloring) so hopefully I'll be feeling better soon.

: )

Farnnay said...

We've given you FOUR awards, CHECK IT OUT!!!!!

Laura said...

A monkey butler? That is just absolutely brilliant. I think I'm goign to have to pop on over to the House of Monkeys for my very own monkey butler. Do you think I'll get fired if I bring him to work?

Tash said...

I'd write more posts but work has sucked the funny out of me. This is ok. They pay me, after all.

words...words...words... said...

Soda, looks like you will have to have your monkey butler train others.

Blog fatigue is cropping up all over the place, especially in mine. Hope you feel better and more writerly soon :)

Soda and Candy said...

You guys are all so sweet. I might well have to open a Monkey Butler Training School to thank y'all.

: )

Sam_I_am said...

ah, nothing like a little guided imagery to make you feel better. Feel better!

Gwen said...

Sorry it took me so long to comment here but I was still in Nirvana.

In fact, I'm going back there right now.

Hope you're feeling better!

Soda and Candy said...

Sam - "calm blue ocean, calm blue ocean..." : )

Gwen - ooh you're all spiritual-like! Or 1993 Seattle. ; )