Thursday, October 8, 2009

Literal Sketches #3: Heh.

Prologue:
So who would have thought that humble tap water would inspire people to extremely polarized and specific views? Not me, but I'm glad y'all liked it. In fact I have another poll coming up soon. I was a bit sad that the return of Original Drafts was met with the blog equivalent of crickets and tumbleweeds*, but however...

Anyway here is another Literal Sketch for you to guess!

Behold the Crayola-y goodness (you can click on him for a closer look).

Here's a big clue to the answer: notice he is wearing very dignified spectacles. Also, he is not a horse.



*Don't judge me, I know you also measure your self-worth by numbers of blog comments! ...oh, is that really only me?

22 comments:

Soda and Candy said...

Sorry, google reader peeps, I forgot to do the hovertext title before posting. But it's fixed now.

Mr. Condescending said...

Wise ass. And I can't see hovertext on my bb so I didn't cheat!

hmla2599 said...

Great sketch!

Smartass?

tennysoneehemingway said...

Smart ass right? Or, as we say her, smartarse.

Scope said...

So then it isn't "The old gery mare, she, ain't what she used to be."

Soda and Candy said...

Mr C is the winner!!!

Hannah - Thanks, but nope! Wise, not smart. But very close!

Tennyson - Heh, this one only works in America : )

Scope - Hahahaha, the Crazy Old Man Singers!

Mr. Condescending said...

Wow I didn't even think of smart-ass.

I love this idea!

The Imaginary Reviewer said...

I thought smart arse (/ass) too. I guess I ain't one then!

That's a fantastic picture, by the way. I was very pleased with myself after drawing a passable Yorkshire Terrier today, but that's awesome!

SkylersDad said...

Damn, I got here late and I actually knew one!

words...words...words... said...

I am very, very late.

Huge points for a reference to the Crazy Old Man Singers. That guy's givin' it away.

mo.stoneskin said...

I think he looks dumb. Take Mr C's prize away.

;)

And I am kidding, I love these sketches!

Kate said...

Ha ha great pic

Kate x

Soda and Candy said...

Mr C - Of course not, clearly he is wise. Thank you and congrats for being the first!

TIR - Perhaps I should have done them as a pair, it would have been easy to tell wise from smart if I had done them at the same time. Now I really want to see your sketch!

SkyDad - D'oh! That's okay, you're still a winner!

WWW - Hahahahahahaha - "WILL DROP PANTS FOR FOOD"

Mo - Sour grapes!!! Heh. Thank you!

Kate - Hi, thanks!

Trinity said...

I thought Smart Ass but Wise Ass is probably a better way to go. I like this feature but I almost think these are too easy. They need to be a little bit harder to figure out. Maybe draw a Smart Car with a giant badonkadonk and an arrow pointing to the rear. Something like that.

Chris Gooch said...

I have something for you over at my blog.

Simon Butler said...

So, not ‘spectacled mule’ then? An exceedingly rare species. I’m not surprised no one else guessed that.

Cora said...

Ahhhh. I too love me some good old fashioned crayons.

And now I'm going to go check out your Original Drafts post I (ahem) missed. I'm sick, you see? Sick I tell you! That's why I missed it - hell, I missed 2/3 of Blog World's bloggy goodness this week! *sniffle* I've got some catching up to do.... and it all starts.... HERE.

Soda and Candy said...

Trinity - You're probably right. I'm going to do a harder one just for you!

Mysterg - I LOVE it, thanks so much!!!

Simon - Haha, yes they are quite rare.

Cora - Oh you poor thing, I hope you are feeling better! You are so sweet!

Madame DeFarge said...

And I'm coming in at the tail end as usual. Must be quicker next time, got to be in it to win it.

Soda and Candy said...

Madame - Don't feel bad, it's not really a competition! As long as you giggled at the picture of the Wise Ass, my work here is done.
: )

Farnnay said...

I was going to say Jackass, but i saw that its smart ass. lol

Soda and Candy said...

CA - Nope! Wise Ass. But I don't know how I would do a picture of Jackass. Maybe a donkey with the head of Johnny Knoxville?