Friday, October 23, 2009

Bruises

How is it that I can get:
  • a mystery bruise from god-knows-what on my wrist and another on my upper arm
  • a constellation of mystery bruises on my right leg
  • a big purple bruise on the front of my ankle where I banged it on my desk
  • a horrible junkie-bruise in the crook of my elbow(which lasted a week) from having blood drawn
  • assorted bruises on both legs at desk and coffee table height
but after I slipped, both feet flying out from under me cartoon-style, to land heavily on my left hip on the rock-hard tiles of the kitchen floor, not even the slightest discoloration has shown up the next day?

***

I actually wrote this a few days ago but had other stuff scheduled... In the meantime, a bruise about two inches across and a fetching shade of cornflower blue palest lavender deep violet has risen slowly to the surface of my skin like a shy, overweight Loch Ness Monster.

15 comments:

MJenks said...

I was going to say, before the italicized portion, that you probably had a deep muscle bruise and that it would surface in a few days.

FunnyGal KAT said...

I know the feeling-- I'm usually sporting a rainbow of colors from playing soccer. I think I must bruise easily because it doesn't take much to make me look like I survived a bar fight.

SkylersDad said...

I am forever hitting my head on stuff. It's like I don't know where the top of my head ends after all these years.

Soda and Candy said...

mjenks - Aaaand you'd be right. : )

Kat - At least you have sport as an excuse. I'm just unco.

SkyDad - OMG, right?! This stuff happens to me at least once a day.

Eric said...

I'm almost certain that in your case the bruises are *not* a symptom of leprosy.

Anonymous said...

Dude, if you LOOK at me the wrong way, I bruise!

words...words...words... said...

I get a lot bruises too. I think I have a future as a battered husband.

Vic said...

You need bubble wrap. Lots of it.

hmla2599 said...

Ugh. Bruises. I like wearing dresses all the time, which means I end up wearing stockings all the time, to hide my roadmap.


My doctor said it could be minor iron deficiency. An excuse to take myself out for sushi everyday.

Soda and Candy said...

Eric - Thank God, I was wondering!

Veggie - The joys of so-white-it's-translucent skin, huh?

WWW - Heh. I actually DO walk into doors, there is no need for anyone to beat me as I injure myself quite often enough.

Vic - Ooh, I just imagined a fabulous mod-style trench-coat made out of bubble wrap!

Hannah - So what you're saying is, I need to eat more cheeseburgers?

Farnnay said...

oh dear, you have all these bruises at the same time?

dang.

Soda and Candy said...

CA - Yup. I bruise like a freakin' pear.

Madame DeFarge said...

I bruise easily too. Makes for many enquiring glances on some occasions, depending on where they are.

Soda and Candy said...

Madame - I know, right? Luckily (or is it?) anyone who meets me learns very quickly that any injuries I have are almost certainly self-inflicted.

Anonymous said...

I have heard if you're low on vitamin c that it can make people bruise more easily. Hope it's just a passing thing...