Wednesday, September 9, 2009

And in another Survivor-related post...

What would CBS do if there was some kind of natural disaster or freak accident in which all of the Survivors were killed?

"Tonight on Survivor: Some Random Island We Hope You've Forgotten We've Already Been To: A freak tidal wave washes away the camp, and all the Survivors are washed out to sea. Ironically, there are no survivors."

I suppose Jeff would just keep the million.

26 comments:

SkylersDad said...

That is a pay per view event I would actually purchase!

Char said...

Geeze, that's creepy. So I'll just say no when they call.

BeckEye said...

I've never watched Survivor, but I would watch coverage of that.

words...words...words... said...

Then we would just shift the focus of the show. Instead of 16 contestants fighting to survive, we have 16 teams of lawyers fighting over how to divide CBS's assets.

mo.stoneskin said...

It would, in a tragic way of course, be completely beautiful.

Soda and Candy said...

SkyDad - So. Wrong!

Char - I know! Just kidding, I was already put off by the starvation & bugs.

BeckEye - But you wouldn't pay for it like Skyler's Dad. ; )

WWW - hahahaaha,brilliant!

mo - and much more ironic that that Alanis song everyone brings up every time anyone says "ironic". also, good to see you, but it's not Moday!!!

Soda and Candy said...

than that Alanis song.

ahem.

Meg said...

Ha, well done! That really made me laugh as I'm just in need of coffee enough to not have seen the punch line coming. Is it wrong to wish it'll happen, just for the entertainment?

Sally-Sal said...

If that happened, I'd probably laugh really hard.

Scope said...

And if one of the bands on Survivor were really the rock band, Survivor, that would rule the school.

Soda and Candy said...

One Sassy Girl - Heh, thanks! Maybe a little bit wrong.

Sally-Sal - Not as hard as Jeff would be laughing... all the way to the bank ; )

Scope - And they could cover the Destiny's Child song Survivor, just to triple down on the theme.

Anonymous said...

When Survivor began years ago, I thought it was going to be hidden cameras videotaping people who really thought they had been shipwrecked or something. I was looking forward to people fish spearing and getting sun poisoning. Damn was I disappointed.

Soda and Candy said...

Prosy - Oh man, that would make a GREAT show!

Farnnay said...

is jeff the host? or creator?

Soda and Candy said...

CA - He's the host. Sadly for the creator, Jeff is probably much better known.

Mr. Condescending said...

Every one keeps talking about tv shows and I know none of them!

I've of course heard of survivor but never saw it.

I do like candy at least though! Hey I have to ask you something can you email me S&C? Trailerfun at gmail if you can.

Soda and Candy said...

Mr C - I can't believe you've never seen it. Will do.

controlled chaos said...

Huh...i never thought of that...

OH! What if they all get washed out to sea..and end up on some random other island and no one can find them. And they now actually have to play survivor.

Ohhhhhh
now that would be an interesting movie.

Gwen said...

They would divide the million (plus the value of the sundry other prizes awarded throughout a season) by the number of contestants (16?) and then put the equal portions, in dollar bills, into planes and drop the money out of the sky over the home towns of the deceased.

Probably not, but that's what Les Nessman would have done.

Soda and Candy said...

CC - Heh, yep! But it would be better if we knew what was going on and they didn't,like Prosy said!

Gwen - I don't know who that is, but I like the cut of his jib.

Gwen said...

I like it when you say "cut of his jib." ;)

Soda and Candy said...

heehee, it's the accent, it makes everything sound good!
; )

Cora said...

Ugh. I loathe Survivor. I'm ashamed to say it, but if that ever happened, there's a small, evil part of me that would actually giggle. I'm sorry.

Soda and Candy said...

Cora - I'd giggle if, like, Big Brother or Real World contestants were shipwrecked so I can't take the moral high ground here!

Anonymous said...

That would be FREAKIN' Awesome!!

Soda and Candy said...

I can't believe you said that just the very evening the new season is due to start! Do you know something I don't?