Monday, September 21, 2009

The Blogisferia Chronicles: Chapter the Seventh

Please note - all Chronicles are stand-alones, you don't have to read any previous chapters to know what's going on.

Indulge me on this one, it's long but heartfelt.


Previous Chapters:

Chapter the First
Chapter the Second

Chapter the Third
Chapter the Fourth
Chapter the Fifth
Chapter the Sixth
*************************************

The Candysoda Tavern was cool & dark, even in the middle of the day. Princess Soda was sitting at the bar, grimly chugging drink after pink frothy drink and demanding more with a small fist slammed into the scarred wood of the bar-top. She glared belligerently around her and muttered foul imprecations under her breath.

A few stools down, Tennyson ee Hemingway the philosopher, in a battered leather hat with a band made of crocodile teeth, was nibbling thoughtfully on a huge slice of pavlova. He turned to the man next to him and said "Strewth Mo, what is the Princess doing in here? I didn't think she was a drinker!"

Mo was a dapper English fellow with a small sticky person in an orange & pink striped onesie clambering about his person. He replied "I only come in on Mo-days, but I heard she's been in here constantly the past few days and has to be carried out at closing time... The odd thing is, those are Shirley Temples she's shotgunning." Having imparted this wisdom, Mo sagely sipped his pint and returned to his favorite task of observing the colorful parade of people passing by the tavern.

Suddenly, down at the end of the bar, there was a puff of smoke and a loud bang. Mjenks the alchemist sat behind the now charred and smoking bar, a maniacal grin on his face. As the smoke cleared, he turned to the curvaceous redhead at his side and murmured "Vix a te videor posse tenere manus!"

Everyone politely averted their eyes from what occurred next.

As a lucky distraction, a commotion occurred that very minute. Outside the tavern, an oddly charming three-wheeled vehicle staggered to a halt in a sputtering cloud of fumes. An elderly gentleman with an impressive beard alighted and shuffled in to sit at the bar.

"You!" shouted the Princess, looking daggers at the old man. "She is lost to us because of you, Simon! Princess Teacup is gone because of your carelessness!" Princess Soda jumped down from the bar-stool, clenching her fists and stamping a tiny foot against the dark hardwood floor.

"I know," sobbed Simon. "And she was the most profitable, er, I mean sweetest, of my myriad illegitimate daughters as well."

Upon seeing his genuine grief, Princess Soda's rage evaporated. She and Simon embraced, and toasted to their dear lost Princess Teacup with huge foamy steins of Byron Bay lemonade.

And to make up for her ill humor, the Princess ordered a giant platter of Tim Tams for everyone in the bar.

*************************************
Tennyson, mo.stoneskin, INdefatigable mjenks & Simon: please accept this fine shield as proof of your Chroniclage.
Teacup my dear, I know you've quit blogging, but please continue to drop in here whenever you want.


14 comments:

the girl with the pink teacup said...

Awww, so kind of you to comfort my father in his interminable grief. It's very, very tempting to return to Blogiferia if it means I get a chance to share a pint with Tennyson the Philosopher and Mo the Observer. Not to mention check out Princess Soda's frock, and get a closer look at Mjenks' Ovid-induced amory... But sadly, my alien captors won't permit it. I'll just have to content myself with lurking and enjoying the fun from afar.

Lemonades for all!

Simon Butler said...

Soda, you have touched me in such a way that I cannot even begin to describe how I feel.

But I shall just say that (by a bizarre coincidence) I was on Google Chat to The Girl at the time you posted this, and it was she who drew my attention to it. I am sure she would be flattered to be mentioned in such a way: being the most profitable of my illegitimate daughters is indeed something to be proud of.

Thank you again.

Mr. Condescending said...

I love the tag of "I am a huge nerd."

I can't tell you how much I like reading this and knowing all the bloggers! All excellent choices and a lot of fun.

Eric said...

Well that's definitely mjenks... Good thing you didn't write this on Thursday.

Soda and Candy said...

Teacup - Yay lurking! I'll take what I can get.

Simon - You're very welcome sir! I'm glad you like it.
: )

Mr C - Sad but true. Haha, thanks!

Eric - Yes, this is an innocent place!

mo.stoneskin said...

If only I had a pink and orange striped onesie, if only. And I too miss Teacup.

words...words...words... said...

You ARE a huge nerd. And we wouldn't have it any other way.

Soda and Candy said...

Mo - No offense, I kinda hope they don't make man-sized onesies. Oh the humanity!

WWW - THANKS. NO I REALLY MEAN THAT, I'M NOT CROSS AT ALL (*grrrr*).

tennysoneehemingway said...

I've always wanted to have a pint with mo. Now, thanks to you, that mere dream is now corporeal reality.

Soda and Candy said...

Tenny - Yay! I'm glad you're happy. I felt a bit bad your part was so short but I wanted to keep from rambling too much.

controlled chaos said...

Did i ever tell you that everytime I come on here I have this weird EXTREME craving for sweet things?????
weird right?
lol

Soda and Candy said...

CC - I just can't imagine why!
; )

MJenks said...

Man...of all the things I've said in Latin, the keeping my hands to myself thing seems to be what is haunting me most.

Or perhaps it's just the one that stuck in everyone's mind.

Awesome.

Soda and Candy said...

Hahahaa! Oh mjenks, I'm so glad you commented, I was beginning to think you didn't like me any more!