Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Forgive me Blogger, for I have sinned. Also, ribbit.

I made a jokey comment on another blog that was supposed to be funny but came off as mean. It hurt that blogger's feelings and I feel effing terrible about it, and I'm so sorry.

So in a desperately transparent effort to worm my way back into his good graces, I am breaking my promise to myself to stop pimping out other bloggers (because they're all better than me and all my readers bugger off to their blogs instead of reading mine) to bring you someone who is indeed one of the cool, beautiful people.

Allow me to introduce you to Trinity.

Trinity is awesome because:

1. Trinity is his real name. It's just a freaking cool name. Like a badass video game character or something.

2. The This Book Will Change Your Life Experiment - as he puts it, said Book is "a 365 page instruction manual for adding crazy shit into your life". He performs daily tasks as instructed by the Book and blogs his experiences for your reading pleasure. I don't think I've ever seen anyone do anything like this on a blog, and I really like it! Luckily he writes in an engaging and entertaining way, because even the best story needs to be told right.

There's no way in hell I'd ever do something that requires so much effort and commitment, but this way I can do it vicariously. Yay! It was an easy instant add to my ginormo reading list.

3. He is the soul-twin of my dear friend, ex-blogger The Girl with the Pink Teacup. Anyone Miss Teacup likes is instantly all right in my book, so in a way, Trinity had pre-approval before I even "met" him. She likes him so much she sent him Freddo Frogs, which brings me to the next part...

4. Trinity also goes by the blogger name of Newt the Wonder Frog. Now, a Wonder Frog sounds pretty awesome in itself, but this is because frogs are awesome already and here's why:

• Frogs are the first indicators of an ecosystem going tits-up. If the frogs are gone, everything else is headed for doom.

• Tree frogs are awesome. They look like plastic or rubber but they are real and they have adorable roundy toe pads. Also they get in the shower with you at your friend's house in the Australian bush. Not because they're pervy, but because it's delightfully humid in there, just like a rainforest.

Poison Dart frogs are awesome. Toxic secretions from their skin are used by the indigenous peoples of Central & South America to poison the tips of blow-darts (wiki here), and also, they come in a delightful Crayola range of colors.

• Frog Princes are a staple of popular culture. No other animal has as much chance of turning into a prince as the frog. It's just a fact. Although there is little to no data on whether His Highness continues to eat flies after gaining human form.

• Freddo Frogs, as mentioned before, are Australian chocolate frogs available either in solid chocolate or filled with various flavors of delicious goo. And y'all know I like my candy.


So there you have it, now go visit Trinity and tell him I sent you and said he was cool, beautiful and awesome! and then please come back and read me.

18 comments:

Candy's daily Dandy said...

Say two Hail Mary's and an Our Father and be on your way to redemption, my child.

(I kinda always wanted to know what it felt like to say that..kinda)

Trinity said...

Oh S&C. You are too funny. While I was never actually hurt, you can wipe your concious clean. That was very informative on the different types of frogs.

A WonderFrog has none of those traits as I am already Princely and was told to stop shooting darts years ago.

Sam_I_am said...

Dontcha just hate that online interpretation thing. It tends to get me in trouble too!

Cora said...

Mmmmmm.... Chocolate Frogs.... One of the coolest things JK Rowling created.

Okay, I'm going to go sneak a peek at Trinity now.

Laura said...

Ok, so this is quite teh awesome post. I am a bug fan of Trinity. He's on my must read list too- I just wish I had the time to comment on everyone's blog. And I just wanted to let you know that I left the typo bug in there (instead of big) because it's kind of appropriate given your post but also because it made me giggle.

Great job pimping an awesome blogger out!

Soda and Candy said...

Candy - I feel so much better! Thanks! Hehehe

Trinity - HUGE sigh of relief. I was so worried, I was imagining you sitting at your computer reading my comment and going "What?! You don't even know me like that, bitch!" *solitary tear trickling down cheek*

Sam - It's hard sometimes without tone of voice or body language for those extra cues. That's why emoticons, played out as they are, are so useful!

Cora - *shaking head sadly* You do know chocolate frogs have been around far longer than that don't you? You poor deprived lady.

Lola - Heehee, thanks, you cute little bug!

sj said...

i would love a chocolate amphibian right now, but really, more like a chocolate kimono dragon.

incidentally, i'd also love a burnt sienna poison dart frog.

soda, can you hook a girl up?

MJenks said...

The substance excreted by the poison dart frog is related, structurally, to cocaine and LSD. It's just a lot more toxic.

Soda and Candy said...

SJ - Hahaha, would you settle for a chocolate goanna and a cerulean frog?

Mjenks - So if you just lick them a little bit, or maybe throw one in the punch bowl...? Party Frogs!!!

mo.stoneskin said...

I know Trinity and he rocks, he rocks as much as a frog Led Zep cover band.

Having said that, I'm not a big frog fan, too slimey and their eyes freak me out - real frogs, Trinity's eyes are not so bad... - but if someone offered me tickets to the Led Zep cover band I'd take them.

SkylersDad said...

That is the great thing about being pretty much insane like I am. Things are never taken seriously.

Vic said...

Trinity IS a cool name. I love unusual names (did you ask him if his brother's name was "Quartet"? I bet that's it, right?...)

I always use a truckload of smiley faces - I worry all the time that people are going to take a comment the wrong way.

You are pretty great, by the way, and even though I checked out Trinity's blog and will go back, I'm staying here, too.

Soda and Candy said...

Mo - "Trinity's eyes are not so bad" hahaha! You reminded me of a great (I think Aussie) saying - I bet the frog LZ cover band would go off like a frog in a sock!

SkyDad - I'm not crazy, I don't think, just a little OCD and Aspergery and Alzheimery.

Vic - You are a sweetheart!!! I'm glad you're sticking around, and I love your blog too.

SkylersDad said...

Oh that is awesome! Alzheimery is my new favorite word, and I shall use it often!

Soda and Candy said...

SkyDad - Thanks, please do! : )

Anonymous said...

Gonna check this out, thanks! Oh and your blog is AWESOME, always makes me laugh and is in one of my top faves. So don't say everyone is better. :)

controlled chaos said...

hahaha
awww
i always get ppl pissed at me by saying things that come off the wrong way.
I feel you.

Soda and Candy said...

Spleeness - Aw, thanks! That means a lot coming from such a good blogger like you!

CC - It sucks! But at least I never *mean* to hurt people's feelings. I suppose I wouldn't care as much if it was intentional.