So the other day I misread Yoga Co-op as Yoga Cop.
Yoga Cop would make a great sitcom.
A big-city detective, retired after some traumatic experience in the line of duty, opens a yoga studio to try to find some inner peace. But after a typo in his newspaper ad, people keep coming to him to solve crimes and he always ends up using yoga to do it. Like maybe he meditates and centers his mind so that the solution can come to him, or he subdues the bad guy by twisting him into some pretzelly position, or discovers the missing bullet casings while doing a quick downward facing dog at the crime scene. Hilarity ensues.
Thomas Haden Church would make an excellent Yoga Cop. He would always be butting heads with the sassy Latina detective who's taken over his old beat. His yoga studio partners would be an elderly burnt-out hippie and a ditzy new-agey girl that would be his love interest.
Would you watch Yoga Cop? Leave your casting and plot suggestions in the comments!
numer darowizny: SRTF/067/SWD .
3 months ago
30 comments:
I'm hungry, and thought you said "Yogurt Cup" and I was all over it like a cop on a donut.
But I bet Yoga Cop doesn't eat donuts.
But Yogi Cop would eat anything in your pic-i-nic basket.
And Yoda Cop - Totally bad-ass little frog dude.
I'm going now. I think I have brain damage.
BAHAHAHAHAHAHA!! Too funny. Kinda reminds me of the Yoga scene in Forgetting Sarah Marshall. Sooo, somehow I can't quite picture Yoga Cop without Kristen Wiig there making catty comments and feeling up Russell Brand.
Yeah.
Kristen Wiig has to be involved. Just has to.
Does Yoga Cop sleep on a mat in the corner of his seedy downtown office / gym?
Perhaps gets around town by rolling around on an inflatable ab ball?
This could really work as an animation.
Wow. I actually would watch this if it didn't take itself seriously and just went for the most absurd cases in the world.
Yoga Cop investigates a pet goldfish's death.etc.
Pat Moriarty could easily be the old guy and if you need a love interest, I would get that really hot girl from Cloverfield and October Road.
Ha! No suggestions from me (you're so much better at this than I am), but it's a great idea.
Tommy Chong would make a good 'elderly, burnt out hippie'.
I'd watch it. :)
You need to "pitch that bitch", girl! :) Yoga Cop. It would need to be set in L.A. and feature much spandex and alternative weapons. Much reasoning with felons. Much contortionism.
The big movie version would star Madonna as an aging yoga psychologist, Julia Roberts as the yoga police captain and the surprise casting of Keanu Reeves as the love interest/fellow yoga cop, who wears sweats and carries a statue of buddha around his neck with his badge. They could confront gangs with their lotus position line-up and to make their suspects talk they'd bend them into all sorts of unforgiving positions, saying things like, "Where'd you hide the money, McGreary, man! Channel the answer up through your diaphram and breeeeeeeathe!"
Wow that movie would suck.
That is absolutely hilarious S&C!
I would watch it. If he needed a weapon, he could always use his Sitar to bop the bad guys on the head! Bad guys as in someone who is using a paper bag at the grocery store to contain their non-organic red bell peppers!
I would probably watch this. Could he have a catch phrase?
Thomas Haden Church would rock that role! On occasion he would have to slip up and return to his old gruff big-city detective persona though, probably after a Kung Fu like flashbck...
Who would play the sassy Latina detective? I vote for Rosario Dawsen or Penelope Cruz
Wow, so all I had to do to get tons of comments was to write a decent post? Who knew?!
Scope - Yoga Cop, sadly, would probably only eat organic soy muffins and not doughnuts at all.
Cora - I haven't seen that. But now I want Russell Brand to be in Yoga Cop! He could be the hairdresser next door?
Eric - Hahaha, yes. Yes he does.
Trinity - Ooh good suggestions. I think USA channel would run it, provided we had enough blatant product placement.
Funny Gal KAT - Aw, thanks!
Sally-Sal - That's exactly who I was thinking!
Veggie - Hahahahahhaha, I think your comment made me pee a little. Absolutely perfect.
Mr C - Aw yeah, and he could wrap them up in his yoga mat!!!
Prosy - The post title?
SkyDad - Yes! Flashbacks! Is Rosario sassy enough? Never mind, she's hot.
We have to raise David Carradine from the dead because he has to be the old hippie. The connection to "Kung-Fu" is too juicy to let death ruin it. Thomas Haden Church is a good choice for Yoga Cop, but I think David Duchovny would be good too. Especially for the unintentional comedy factor.
Brilliant.
I would totally watch this. I want to cast myself as the ditzy new-agey love interest. Can I do that? If not, I recommend Cameron Diaz.
I watch TOOL ACADEMY.
So, of course I would.
WWW - I bow to your superior casting skills sir. The Zombie Carradine must be involved, and Duchovny is an inspired choice. You'd never know if he was serious or just taking the piss all the time.
Dolphin Hater - Thank you!
Gwen - Of course!!! I would hire you any day over that lanky skank.
: D
LiLu - Only the finest programming for you huh? ; )
I don't think anyone would watch that other than a person who just took up yoga and loved it!
Secretia
Secretia - You could be right. Perhaps they'd put it on the Yoga Channel? (which I just made up)
"Captain Planet, he's a hero, gonna take pollution down to ZERO!"
This post inspired that cartoon song to get stuck in my head.
Mr C - Hahahahhaa, Captain Planet would make a great buddy for Yoga Cop.
I'd watch Yoga Cop in a heartbeat. Especially if Yoga Cop was TV's own Doogie Howser - Neil Patrick Harris.
I'd totally watch Yoga Cop. But for all the girls in Yoga Cop's yoga class. Or if the casting director changed his or her mind and made Yoga Cop a woman.
Y'know, there was a movie (Hollywood Homicide) with Harrison Ford and Josh Hartnett, where they both played cops who didn't really care about being cops. Harrison Ford was a real estate agent on the side who even tried selling houses while out on the cop job (oh, how silly!), and Josh Hartnett was a yoga teacher on the side. Boom.
Also, true story: I misread "Guitar Hero" the other day while out at Best Buy as "Guitar Hetero." I envisioned the game's reward as having something to do with amassing groupies for consecutive notes hit.
Tennyson - Hmm, you don't think he's a little too skinny? He'd make a good neurotic BFF for Yoga Cop.
Joshlos - Heh, that'd make a good game!
Of course I would watch Yoga Cop. I mean, I watch Rock of Love. How high do you think my standards are?
Speaking of good names, my word ver is hypelad. Hype Lad would make a great pop culture superhero. I'm sure he would be played by Robert Pattinson or Zac Efron.
uhh...
you have me except for the parts where he uses his yoga to catch criminals.
that just ain't flying. I dunno...
BeckEye - VH1 should definitely pick up Hype Lad. Meanwhile, I hope I can count on you to do a review of Yoga Cop if it ever gets aired!
CC - Come on, I'm sure he could manage it. Or at least roll them up in his yoga mat.
; )
Is it wrong that I can't stop picturing Danny de Vito as Yoga Cop? Somehow, I think that would work... Or not.
Ummm Soda, you missed your calling as a Hollywood script writer.
Dead on sister..
Casting agent could be good for you too!!!
Teacup - Hello dear! Good to hear from you! I don't know if Danny DeVito could contort his stubby little limbs at all, but I'd find a part for him somehow.
Candy - Haha, thanks! Casting agent would be a freaking great job!
I thought you said yoghurt too. I don't know why...
I like that Kim Jung-Illin' thing on your sidebar.
Post a Comment