Friday, July 31, 2009

Gingernuts.

It's well documented around these parts that red-headed ladies are extremely attractive and highly sought-after. There are more flame-haired vixens saucing up the blogosphere than you can shake a stick at*.

In the world of celebrity, Lindsay Lohan and Nicole Kidman were notable gingers, but have lost most of that cachet through love affairs with the peroxide bottle. Julianne Moore and Bryce Dallas Howard enjoy the porcelain skin that comes with copper tresses, and it's no coincidence Jessica Rabbit's locks were crimson-tinted. Red hair is flaming hot on the ladies.

But what about the menfolk? Are there any attractive Titian-coiffed gentlemen?

Discuss.

*I was going to make a bunch of links there, but I knew I'd miss someone and y'all know it's No More Tears time lately in S&C land, so feel free to identify yourselves in the comments, carrot-tops!

33 comments:

Candy's daily Dandy said...

Ooooh, I love me some sexy Danny Bonaduce.

NOT!!!

had a flaming red head break my heart in high school. The dude has about seven hundred kids today.

My word veri, "hoare"
Me or him???

Cora said...

We Gingers come out to play in Blog World because it's unlikely we'll get sunburnt here.

As for sexy redhead men, I'm going to have to say Yahoo Serious (which now makes this the second time this week I've thrown his name around your blog!) I've always had a crush on him.

:-)

Valerie said...

all I can think of is Murray on The Flight of the Concords show because they call him gingerballs in a song.

I went on a couple dates with a red-head-man. He was unbelievably hot, and also unbelievably nerdy.

Teacup once identified me as a red-head, but I'm really blonde, but I die parts of my hair red.

SkylersDad said...

I honestly can't think of a single guy who is what I would call red headed. Most I can think of are a combination of blond and a small bit of red thrown in, I wonder why that is?

Soda and Candy said...

Candy - Sounds like you dodged a bullet there hon!
; )

Cora - You have a thing for wild-haired men!
; )

Valerie - Ah, you're a bottle-red? Also, I LOVE FotC. LOVE.

SkyDad - I know, quite a few men have a red beard but blond hair. Weird.

Little Ms Blogger said...

Carrot Top scares me.

Anonymous said...

I am a ginger! OK I don't class myself as a ginger per se, I don't have flaming red hair, it's more light red. Sort of light auburn if you will. In summer it can look almost like a golden blonde (with red in it) :) Kind of Sissy Spaceky but a shade darker.

I can't think of any cute redheaded famous men....Eric Stolz wasn't too bad I guess. Most famous redheaded men are around for comedy purposes and scare me. Danny Bonaduce, Ralph Malph, Carrot Top. I'm sure there are some hotties out there somewhere though.

Soda and Candy said...

Little Ms - He scares all sane people! : )

Veggie - More like a strawberry blonde? When it's lighter I mean. Scary/comedy.... yep, I think that's about it! I used to like Brendan Fraser around School Ties era, and he's a rare dark red-head!

Alex the Girl said...

I feel rather leecherous (spell check!) but Ruprit Grint, of the Harry Potter fame, may not be sexy, but he's adorable...he is truly adorable, and growing up quite lovely.

Anonymous said...

I was just about ready to post that there's not a single hot red headed dude on the planet, and then I remembered one. Prince Harry.

Man, would I like to get my hands on his fire crotch.

Spicy!

mo.stoneskin said...

Uriah Heep?

*chuckle*

BeckEye said...

I don't usually like redheaded men. Uh, except Words Words Words, I mean. He's awesome.

Actually, I've always found Josh Homme from Queens of the Stone Age pretty sexy. And there was a time when I had the hots for Axl Rose, but that was long ago.

I've always liked Corin Nemec (Parker Lewis), but I'm not sure if he's actually a redhead. Maybe it's like a reddish-brown. And I always had a weird thing for that guy who played the Irishman in "Titanic." Poor Tommy, he got shot.

BeckEye said...

Oh! Veggie reminded me of Eric Stoltz. Shoot, I can't believe I forgot him. He's a cutie pie.

Simon Butler said...

I’m terrible at guessing which blokes women find attractive, but how do you feel about Paul Bettany? I’ve always liked him for his excellent role in A Knight’s Tale.

And there’s always Rupert Grint (Ron Weasley) of course. Simon Pegg? Simon Woods? David Caruso?

Soda and Candy said...

Alex - He's all yours. : )

Catherinette - You cradle robber you!

Mo - I had to Google that. It sounds like a Dickensian villain but turns out to be some sort of hippie 70's band!

BeckEye - Amah, he's gonna cut you for calling him a redhead!!! Also, Eric Stolz, really?

Simon - In order: Meh, no, meh (but excellent films), who? and euuuwwww.

King of New York Hacks said...

We'll truly never know know WHO is really red unless they expose the carpet WITH the curtains. ;-)

Soda and Candy said...

King - Steady on! That's dirty talk, that is!

Farnnay said...

i have to agree that red haired chicks are gorgeous.

but i cant think of any guys....hmmmmmmmm

Anonymous said...

It's pretty rare to find a hot ginger man.

I've seen only one in my life, and I'm sure I freaked him out by staring at him for the whole bus ride.

Prince Harry is kinda cute...a bit young, though.

words...words...words... said...

There aren't any. The closest is Scott Grimes, which shows you just how grim the situation is.

This is why I am blond.

rachaelgking said...

Channing Tatum's sort of a redhead... if he counts? Then yummmmmmmmmmmmmmms.

Soda and Candy said...

Well Fed - Hello there! Haha, I'm sure he enjoyed the attention.

WWW - Uh huh. BeckEye says different!
; ) Also, Scott Grimes is not cute.

Lilu - He's attractive, but I'm not seeing carrotiness of hair in any of the images that came up on Google.

Chris said...

Tintin?

Soda and Candy said...

Chris - YES!!! Hahahaha, I love that guy!

the girl with the pink teacup said...

Aw, crap - I totally picked the wrong weekend to go without an Internet connection! Yay gingers!

I have to agree that ginger men are kind of hit-and-miss (sorry guys, you know I love you!) despite being a ginger lady myself, but I think it's got more to do with the fact that we're so rare, meaning that there's less of a 'range' to choose from, if you know what I mean.

I'm going to go ahead and put in a vote for these rednut lovelies, even though others have mentioned them above:

• Prince Harry (sorry, Wills - you just don't compare)

• Rupert Grint & the Weasley Twins (you know my feelings on Harry Potter, so I won't say any more)

• Tintin (OK, cartoon character, but he is awesome)

• I also feel like Murray from Flight of the Conchords deserves some kind of sympathy vote here, too.

• I don't know if this counts, but I think redheaded Scotsmen are devillishly attractive. I can't think of any famous ones though, but perhaps just the general idea of them is enough?

Soda and Candy said...

Teacup - Heh, you cradle robber! Oh wait you are much younger than me so maybe not. I don't know if Murray is attractive but Valerie & I agree he and that show are awesome!!!

Anonymous said...

wow! Yeah, i don't know that there are many hot redheaded studs. Hmmm.... I mean YES there are some. But not very many. What's up with THAT????

Anonymous said...

I have a lot of friends who get positively pedophiliacs over Ron in the Harry Potter films...I can't think of any other sexy red-haired men. I don't think red-hair is as common is men as women is it?
I dated a redhead once and he ended up being a psycho.

Cooper Green said...

Danny Kaye! Boy, you sure didn't have to have much going for you to be a successful redhead in those days. Was he a research project?

Soda and Candy said...

Twinkie - I really don't know! Funny isn't it?

Prosy - Well, women have been known to dye their hair red, and I can't see men doing that. So maybe it just looks like there's more because there are more fakes?

Cooper - Hahaha, nice. But I said ATTRACTIVE redheaded men, not successful.

sj said...

i'm a ravishing redhead too! yay redheads!

oh oh - and i agree! most definitely simon pegg! he's a cutie.

also, the scottish dude from made of honor that is now on gray's anatomy portraying the role of the brooding dr. hunt. i have a serious crush and dvr just to watch his pained expressions.

Unknown said...

My boyfriend is so in love with Redheads that I personally think that we'd have to make arrangements to go on "a break" if he ever decides to visit Scotland or Ireland.

I guess, as Lucille Ball once said,

"Once in his life, every man is entitled to fall madly in love with a gorgeous redhead."

*sigh*

I'm of Indian descent and, redheaded-ness is just a far off dream for me. I LOVE how it looks though. I envy you!

By the way, thanks for the comments on my guest post at Wild ARS Chase =)

Soda and Candy said...

SJ - sounds like I have some googling to do.

Salut! - Um, salut! : ) I'm not a redhead either. I'm sure your bf likes your hair just as it is, but if it's very long I find that helps!