I forgot that musicals, especially modern ones (except for Sweeney Todd which rocks), are like baths; I don't have the attention span for them. I got bored and impatient lots of times, waiting for them to stop warbling on and get back to the plot.
Husband livened things up a bit with this comment: "I guess Beyoncé had it written into her contract that she'd be the only good looking one."
...which then had us imagining Beyoncé on the phone with her agent:
Beyoncé: So it'll be me, a fatty*, and a girl who could devour me whole through a picket fence**. Done.
Agent: Yeeeesssss... You do understand you'll be playing the inferior singer, don't you?
Beyoncé: But there's a fatty, right? I'm in.

*Note: Jennifer Hudson is beautiful and has an awe-inspiring set of pipes on her. But she should not wear figure-hugging satin***.
**She's got big teeth. Like, Secretariat big. I was going to say Phar Lap, but y'all wouldn't have heard of him.
***Of course neither should pretty much anyone, including me. It's Horrendoville. Just look at that photo.
16 comments:
I wouldn't be caught dead in a dress like that. Hell no.
Just NO.
Yeah, that movie didn't do too much for me, aside from Eddie Murphy. I almost choked on a pretzel when Jennifer Hudson won Best Supporting Actress. Yeah, ok.
Cora - The dresses are... unforgiving. But the gloves rock.
Shawn - Haha, Eddie was great. I kept expecting him to stamp his foot and shout "Sexual Chocolate!" when he was singing like James Brown.
I don't normally like musicals, but I liked this one a lot. I'm sure half of it is my love of Motown (although Berry Gordy swears up and down that this is NOT about Motown) and the other half is Eddie Murphy basically doing an hour's worth of "James Brown's Celebrity Hot Tub", only the best SNL skit of all time.
Also, Phar Lap would have had me on the floor. And that girl is prettier than Beyonce.
Re: your comment to Shawn.
Good God, woman. Did you reference Coming to America? Because if I didn't already love ya, I freakin' do now!
of course the Americans would know who Phar Lap is. after all, didn't they poison him! *looks around suspiciously*
you're right the gloves do rock.
i wish a famous celeb would wear them while in jeans cleaning up after the famous bub so then they become 'fashionable'! heck, why not just start a movement!
from the Gnu
WWW - It certainly heavily resembles a lot of aspects of Motown. Like, HEAVILY. As far as the relative prettiness, you're entitled to your opinion, even if it is wrong.
TishTash - Back atcha! It's pretty much a classic.
Gnu - ahahaha, I forgot that part of Phar Lap's history! I myself have a pair of black cocktail gloves which are pretty fabulous.
now, do a convo between Beyonce and the SNL writers when they spoofed her "Single Ladies" video. Hil-ar-i-ous! Nothing like seeing men in leotards dance with Beyonce.
Oh but Jamie Foxx is such a... fox. I had this really hot dream about him a few days before DG hit theatres and almost couldn't go see it because the memory alone got me wet.
Hmmm, that might have been best save for TMI Thursday.
Sam - I haven't seen that, will have to look for it on YouTube now!
Racquel - Jamie Foxx? Not with the hair he has in Dreamgirls, that's for sure.
Haaaaa Haaaaaaa (notice long laugh)
I think Jennifer Hudson is stunning. She's heavier than most actresses sure, but she looks pretty damn appealing at the same time. I guess if they dress her in that satin dress and stand her next to some skinny beeyotches she's going to look bad by comparison, but even then I still think she looks kinda hot.
I don't get the Beyonce love at all. I don't get her. She's OK but nothing spectacular. I think Jennifer's hotter.
Zibbs - Thanks!
Veg Assassin - Don't take this post too seriously! J-Hud does have a gorgeous face, and lovely skin. They just kept putting her in dreadful clothes the whole movie.
I love me some Beyonce though.
Yeah... I wouldn't wear figure-huggin satin either, and I'm not offending myself by saying that. So if she's offended, send her my way. I'm not afraid to cut a bitch back.
So true, so true. I love how Beyonce is billed as an actress, even though every movie she's been in she acts like a mannequin robot. Of course, Lindsey Lohan is a 'singer' so apparently all roles are interchangeable.
Devour her through a picket fence. I'd watch that movie.
Dreamgoats.
Post a Comment