Sunday, April 5, 2009

Ode to a Creme Egg


With Easter just around the corner, it seemed only right to create a tribute to this universally loved seasonal treat.


Dear beloved Creme Egg,
How I love your chocolate shell
Smooth and etched with a pretty design
And perfect in taste as well

Your chocolate is from Cadbury's
Milky and superb
Hersheys just can't measure up
So I kick it to the kerb

Your flowing center like egg white
Except much more delicious
As it dribbles down my chin
Who cares you're not nutritious?

I love to eat you slowly
Overdosing on the choc
Smiling as it sends me into
Diabetic shock

And despite how much I love you
I'm glad you're here a short time
A large round shape looks good on you
But for my body, I prefer mine.
























[Original artwork by Soda & Candy using existing Creme Egg image]

20 comments:

sj said...

freaking genius.

i can't describe my love of the creme egg. i so adore them.

Shawn said...

The Creme Egg's deliciousness cannot be overstated. You've done it justice with your poem.

mo.stoneskin said...

Wonderful.

Was this written with me in mind? A creme egg addict and praise-singer.

I also would kick Hersheys onto the road.

words...words...words... said...

What a lovely tribute to a well-deserving candy. And I like that Warhol picture of the Creme Eggs!

Is "kerb" another traditional Aussie misspelling? ;)

Soda and Candy said...

Thanks you guys!

SJ - I adore them too. Obviously.

Shawn - I agree, it cannot be overstated!

Mo - A lot of people have been talking about Creme Eggs lately - thank goodness they are one of the few Cadbury products available here. You can get a couple of things year round, like Fruit & Nut and Dairy Milk blocks. Also, Hersheys belongs in the road, when compared with Cadbury.

WWW - Thanks, I think my art is pretty good too! Also, bugger off, everyone knows it is the Americans who do all the misspelling.
; P

Anonymous said...

No Creme Eggs for me this year. :( Boo, hiss, fart.

But your artwork is super cool so I'm smiling anyway. :)

Tash said...

Nice artwork. Very Warhol.

Soda and Candy said...

Kimizzy - Not even one? Boo hiss indeed.

Tish - Thanks!

Andy - Instafather said...

I agree with TishTash on the artwork. And what a good poem. Please write more.

Soda and Candy said...

Andy - Aw shucks... I don't know if anything could inspire me as much as the Creme Egg.

Kurt said...

The Creme Egg is nature's perfect food. True story.

Cora said...

I am actually drooling here. And now I'm heading to the grocery store for some Creme Eggs. Awwww yeah.

Soda and Candy said...

Kurt - Duh.

Cora - I am jealous! They didn't have any when I went shopping, and I wasn't going to settle for the red-headed stepchild Caramel Egg.

Anonymous said...

This poem soothed my soul, although not as much as the actual Cadbury eggs do. But that's to be expected, right? I'd have titled it, "If you don't like Cadbury Creme Eggs, there's something wrong with YOU."

Twinkie said...

ohMYgawddddd..... this is soooo me. I love those things and look forward to them all year long but then I'm soooo glad when they're gone. LOL

Soda and Candy said...

Josh - Oh man, that's a great title! And so true!

Twinkie - How can you be glad when they're gone? Oh yeah, the whole eating them until you resemble them thing...

; )

Anonymous said...

Girlie, I believe I'd frame that picture and hang it on the wall in MAJOR HUGE IN YOUR FACE glory.

I just got a mini eggs easter egg. WOO! I like to celebrate Easter with as much chocolate as possible because I'm not religious so what else would I be celebrating, huh?

Soda and Candy said...

I think eating chocolate is a perfectly legitimate form of celebrating life. And Easter is based on a pagan fertility celebration, so that works!

Anna Russell said...

I have a Creme Egg right now. Only it's a bag of the mini ones so I shall have to eat at least 6. They're also my daughter's - which makes me an excellent mother because I'm taking the tooth decay so she doesn't have to.

All hail the Creme Egg!

Soda and Candy said...

Thanks a lot Anna, now I am jealous!!!

*tummy grumbles, demands Creme Eggs*