Friday, April 24, 2009

Ode to Dr Pepper

Dr Pepper
Is my favorite soda
This rhyme is cheating
But it deserves an ode-a

It reminds me of childhood
And that's always nice
I think it tastes best
With a butt-load of ice

Not everyone likes Dr P
Sad but true
When an Aussie says they hate it
I pity the foo'

What is that flavor?
(Twenty-three, to be exact)
Nothing tastes quite like it
Not Pibb, that's a fact.

That's another thing to note
Dr Pepper is clever
When did Pibb go to med school?
That's right, it was never.

15 comments:

Anna Russell said...

I don't usually like fizzy drinks, but I luuurve Dr Pepper. It deserves an ode-a indeed.

Kurt said...

I wish I could think of something more clever than "I like Diet Dr. Pepper" to say but I can't.

"I like Diet Dr. Pepper."

Shawn said...

Least favorite soda, bar none. It does have its admirers, though (obviously).

Gwen said...

Ah, not so, Sodagirl! Pibb and Zibbs were roomies their second year of med school. They once taped a dwarf's shoes to his ceiling as a practical joke.

Soda and Candy said...

Anna - Yes! There's nowt like it.

Kurt - You are wrong & broken. Artificial sweeteners are evil.

Shawn - You're even more wrong & broken than Kurt.

Gwen - Hmm... Pibb is still a poor man's Dr. Pepper, though not as poor as the generic Dr. K I've been drinking lately (stupid economy).

mo.stoneskin said...

I've always suspected that you are one of the great modern poets.

Tash said...

Dr. Pepper. Urgh.

Sorry. Can we still be bloggy friends?

words...words...words... said...

I am in awe of your poetry skills. And you couldn't have chosen a better subject. Although I drink Diet Dr. Pepper, because Dr. Pepper has the least difference in taste between the diet and regular versions of any drink in the universe. Even 7-Up.

I agree that Mr. Pibb is a mere shadow of the good Dr., but the nagging question remains...does Dr. Pepper + Red Vines = crazy delicious?

sj said...

HAHAHA!

awesome.

i don't know what pibb is. i hate to say this, because i fear we'll no longer be friends, but i rarely drink soda. my favorite is in fact ginger ale. because i am a ginger. and i like ale. so the two combined are awesome.

and my word ver was laminard. which is like a really bad irish brogue way of saying "lemonade."

Twinkie said...

My family is the family of Dr Pepper lovers. IN fact they all got excited over the cherry dr pepper which in my opinion? Is overkill. Don't mess with the Dr.'s original recipe.

Soda and Candy said...

Mo - Thank you! I'm pretty much my generation's Seamus Heaney.

TishTash - You're pushing it... no wait, that means I don't have to share with you!!! Problem solved.

WWW - Licorice = eeeuuuuwwww. So that'd be a no.

SJ - WRONG! Clearly a laminard is a plastic-coated person of below average intelligence.

Twinkie - I know they have a new just cherry version which I haven't seen in any shops yet, bu I ADORED the black cherry vanilla version.

Eric said...

S&C nice tribute, lovin the Dr. Pepper (I had a great aunt that worked at the original plant).

Words haha - is that a 'Chronic' reference? Awesome

Scope said...

I probably only have 2 of the diet Dr. Peppers a day.

And don't you think Coke should really just give up on the Mr. Pibb and Mello Yello bit? It feels "2nd class", like it should be sitting between Shasta and Red Pop.

Soda and Candy said...

Eric - Thanks! OMG, did you get free Dr Pepper from your great-aunt? Or at least mates rates (that's a friend's discount for you non-Aussies)?

Scope - Hmm, since you are in love I will allow you to drink diet soda so you can keep in shape for Miss Cora
; )
Hahaha, I never really thought about that but yes, they are second rate. Can't Coke just be happy with being the one most famous soda in the world?

rachaelgking said...

Your cheatin' rhymes are AOK with me.