Friday, April 10, 2009

F You Friday: Family

Family.

They come and visit you, and it's all lovely and you proudly show them around your town and go out to eat and spend ages chatting and catching up and they sleep on the air mattress and still love you and you all take happy snaps on the beach squinting in the sun and you get them to bribe your dogs with treats because the dogs tend to hate anyone who doesn't already live in your house but then the dogs turn out to be attention whores anyway...

And then they leave and you remember that none of your family lives here and you miss them more than you did before they visited.

Bastards.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

My whole family lives within 50 miles of each other and we never get together anymore. At least your family visits you.

Tash said...

I'd like visits from my family more if they'd just stop publishing family newsletters.

That makes me all snarly and tushy.

mo.stoneskin said...

Naww. I ought to invest in my family more.

MJenks said...

Strangely, when they leave, I feel a sudden rush of exhilaration and relief.

Shawn said...

Aw, it turned all sad at the end.

Cora said...

No, I can't say I get that. When my fam leaves, my house is DESTROYED beyond all recognition each and every damn time. Then I spend three days cleaning up after their messy asses.

Grrrr.

It's much easier for me to have a nice relationship with them if they just stay the f*ck away. Really. ;-)

Soda and Candy said...

Del-V - Only about once a year we get one or two of them!

TishTash - look at you, all down with the Aussie slang!

Mo - But what happens when their stock goes down? Buy a new one?

Mjenks - I guess it depends on the relative in question.

Shawn - It's all right, it won't last. I have a short attentio - hey, shoes!

Cora - Keep the visits short to minimize damage.
; )

words...words...words... said...

My family has visited me twice in 11 years since I moved away from home. And I live in a city where people go on vacation! I think I may smell.

Anonymous said...

Awww. I live down the road from my folks. I think I take them for granted. :(