Thursday, April 2, 2009

(Sort of) TMI Thursday: Double Poop Sandwich.

Calm down, it's not what you're thinking.


As I was making myself a sandwich the other morning, two things occurred to me:

1. My dad once told me that when he was a nurse, they taught him that healthy baby poop is the color and consistency of (presumably smooth) peanut butter. To this day he cannot eat peanut butter.

2. The squeezy bottle of grape jelly looks like it is making little grapey poops when you squeeze it onto the bread.

PB&J will from this day forth forever be rendered in my mind (and now yours) as a double poop sandwich.

You're welcome.

23 comments:

Poobomber said...

For a moment I thought you said 'Poo Sandwich' and like usual, this became all about me in my mind.

Unfortunately it's about real poo.

Sass said...

Wow. You and I are on the same wavelength today.

Sorta.

Fascinating.

My brother's girlfriend grew up in a house where they took the peanut butter and the jelly and put it in a bowl together, and stirred it up before they put it on the bread.

That'd really be a double poo sandwich. Yuck.

Soda and Candy said...

Poob - Duh, it's always all about ME, not you!

Sass - Ew. It would look like poo!

rachaelgking said...

And this is why I'm glad I'm a PB and BANANA fan. Elvis knew how to do it.

Happy TMI Thursday!

Anonymous said...

Wow. Thanks for that.
and...
haha! Your dad's a nurse! Only girls are nurses!


did that just bring elementary school flooding back for you?

The Imaginary Reviewer said...

Yeah, this is how I feel about pbj. Peanut butter should be banned as it's one of the grossest substances known to man. I'd rather eat my own weight in sick than a peanut butter sandwich.

Soda and Candy said...

LiLu - I've never done that, but I like PB & green apple slices.

Prosy - He was a nurse, back in the 60s or something. I don't think they had the same requirements back then.
Also, I'm rubber and you're glue.

IR - Noo, PB is yummy. Just the crunchy one though, not smooth. Although cashew butter and macadamia butter are delicious substitutes.

Sam_I_am said...

Thank you for that, SC. Fortunately, I don't eat PB&J all that often. When I was in elementary school, I made my dad stop buying me butterscotch pudding, because the other kids teased me and said I was eatting baby poop. When I was 18 and asked him to buy it, he said "I thought that they made fun of you for eatting it?"

Andy - Instafather said...

I was going to eat a PB&J yesterday, but I didn't. Now, I don't know if I ever can. Jerkface.

Shawn said...

Hmm. I was going to have a peanut butter and jelly sandwich for lunch, too, but I don't want to eat anything that looks like poop.

I guess I'll have a taco, instead.

Soda and Candy said...

Sam - Hahahaha, poop pudding.

Andy - Whatevs, I had one today! Delicious.

Shawn - Good choice!

MJenks said...

The thing that always disturbed me about baby poo was that it looked like it had seeds in it. How that could come about from a diet of soy formula, I don't know. Probably don't want to, either.

Anonymous said...

Peanut Butter is the best thing on earth. Jelly, however, eh. Though you did not ruin my love for Butter de Peanut, this post made me laugh.

Anonymous said...

Sorry dude. I am STILL hungry and not even poop will deter me from procuring sustenance. Although I might give peanut butter a pass.

Soda and Candy said...

mjenks - Soy formula? What the hell?

Kimizzy - I had a PB&J for lunch today! Nothing can ruin my love for it. Not even poop resemblance.

VA - Hunger trumps everything.

I also have to point out, y'all, that I think this post got the greatest response out of everything I've written so far.

Poop = popularity?

I call it poopularity.

Brandon Szuminsky said...

I hear 'double poop sandwich' and I think Taco Bell...

Esmé Glass said...

I'm kind of with you on the attitude to TMI. Either I'm not as disgusting as some of the other bloggers out there, or I just don't want to flaunt it.

I like embarrassing and cute better than out and out retch-worthy.

Twinkie said...

poop and sex always get high commenters. LOL

words...words...words... said...

Nice try! Nothing can make my cast-iron stomach stop eating peanut butter and jelly!

Anonymous said...

I'm with the crowd: I'm not sure if PB&J will ever again be in my future.

Soda and Candy said...

Brandon - My boss calls it Taco Hell. You may be on to something.

Racquel - yes, even in relative anonymity I prefer not to take it too far!

Twinkie - Hmm. This could take my blog in a whole new direction... yeah, no.

WWW - Curses! Foiled again!

josh - aww. don't be like that! PB&J still rocks!

Cowguy said...

This is like the happiest post I've read in weeks on the whole internetals.

lol double poop.

Soda and Candy said...

Cowguy - nothing like a well-crafted poop joke

; )