Wednesday, May 20, 2009

sweet tweets

A new addition to the Soda & Candy family was recently discovered by the Husband: there is a little nest full of adorable baby birds snugly tucked up in the crazily overgrown flowering vine that dominates our back fence.

"Baby birds? I seen one." I hear you snort derisively.

But these baby birds are unlike any you've seen before, because not only do they cheep and chirp, they also tweet.

If you can't be arsed going to their Twitter page, you can follow their status with the handy RSS feed I just added to the top of the right hand column over there. Yes, I am a technological genius.

Perhaps the baby birds will try to make friends with some of you via Twitter, but it might take them a while. They can barely hold their own heads upright, so Twitter is bound to be a bit of a challenge.

13 comments:

Soda and Candy said...

Although if anyone knows how often those Blogger RSS feeds update I'd like to know as it doesn't seem to be doing it yet.

words...words...words... said...

Now even baby birds know how to do things I don't. When did I get so old?

tennysoneehemingway said...

tweet,tweet,tweet,tweety,tweeter,tweet,tweet,tweeeeeeeeeeet. And tha'ts all I have to say.

sj said...

that's hilarious!

i actually confess to tweeting more than blogging. because it's easier for me to think 140 characters at a time.

Soda and Candy said...

WWW - You tell those baby birds to get off your damn lawn!

Tenny - I KNOW, right?

SJ - Please find the baby birds on twitter and be their friend!

Shawn said...

Baby Birds: "There's a rattlesnake in our ne---"

Soda and Candy said...

*puts hands over ears*

mo.stoneskin said...

For baby birds they are remarkably eloquent.

Anna Russell said...

I tot I thaw a puttycat - sorry, couldn't help myself.

Catherinette Singleton said...

For a split second I thought the title of your post was "Sweet Teets". :)

rachaelgking said...

Twitpics! Twitpics!

Cora said...

They tweet! Now THAT is funny!

:-)

Soda and Candy said...

Mo - Kids these days...

Anna - I hope they don't taw a puddy tat!

Catherinette - Wrong blog ; )

LiLu - Steady on, how are they supposed to operate a camera with their stubby little wings?! They already have to have one sit on the Shift key while the other one pecks the keys every time they want to do a capital letter!

Cora - Actually a friend of mine has to take credit for this whole thing because I told him we had baby birds and we heard them tweeting, and he said "Oh my God, they're on Twitter? That's so cool!"

True story.