Thursday, May 14, 2009

The Blogisferia Chronicles: Chapter the Third


Previous Chapters:

Chapter the First
Chapter the Second

*************************************

*Thud... thud...thud*

The walls of Candysoda Castle trembled, and Cherry Vanilla Dr. Pepper sloshed around in Princess Soda's crystal goblet.

"Strewth! What in Blog's name?!" muttered the Princess. She went to the balcony to see if she could find out what was causing the earthquakes, but the view from her second floor window was filled by two denim-clad knees.

"Scope!" she exclaimed. "Of course... only a giant could make that sort of a racket! G'day mate!"

"Princess Soda, how are you?!" Scope bent down to speak with the Princess face-to face. "I have some news... I am in love! Would you like to meet Cora?"

"Scope! That is tremendous! Of course I must meet her!" squealed Princess Soda, looking around curiously, for surely she wouldn't have missed a giantess, even with Scope blocking the view.

Scope brought his hand round from behind his back and opened it. There, in his palm, stood a tiny, flame-haired pixie (even shorter than Princess Soda, who was rather on the small side), and she was beaming from ear to ear.

"Hello, so happy to meet you!" giggled the pixie, and her enthusiasm was so infectious that the Princess could not help but return her smile.

Cora told Princess Soda the story of how she and Scope had met, with much nudging and winking. Scope chimed in with some unsettling talk about their love having been approved by a deity's robotic messenger, but Princess Soda let it pass.

She was puzzled by one thing, however.

"You two are just adorable! But Scope's so tall, and you're... I mean, how do you... You know what, never mind." said the Princess hastily. "I'm just so happy for the two of you!"

*************************************


Enjoy, lovebirds!

14 comments:

Scope said...

Well, thank you, Princess Soda von Candy. The pixie has, without the use of magics, cast her enthralling spell upon me.

'tis a spell the seems to be growing stronger every day. And I couldn't be happier.

And for how we... there are some magics that are best kept under (the) cover(s), but I will spill. While her horseless carriage is diminutive, if one slides one's throne backwards and tilts the seat into a more supine position, she was able to chauffer me around with ease, style, and grace.

That's what you were wondering about, correct? If I had to ride with my head out the sunroof. (**wink**)

Cora said...

HEE HEE HEE!!!! Soda and Candy, I adore you! This is mighty freaking brilliant! Can't stop laughing! :-)

Soda and Candy said...

Scope - exactly! Thanks for clearing that up.

Cora - Thank you, milady!

words...words...words... said...

Best one yet, sayeth the knight!

But Cherry Vanilla Dr. Pepper? I did not know you engaged in dalliances with anything but the original!

Phat Mama said...

*grins* Loved this story and I don't even know the history behind it. It was just very well written. :)

sj said...

this was awesome. and i didn't know the story, so it was a lovely introduction!

truly awesome, kids. awesome in its awesomness.

Soda and Candy said...

Words - On the contrary, I actually preferred the Cherry Vanilla version and I'm very cross they're only making it in diet version now.

PhatMama - Thank you!

SJ - Thank you my dear friend! Wouldst thou like a chapter of thine own?

Morgan the Muse said...

that was great. And the robot reference was the best part!

J.J. in L.A. said...

Aww! This is TOO cute!

"But Scope's so tall, and you're... I mean, how do you..."

I was wondering the same thing...and I really need to find a hobby. ; )

Soda and Candy said...

Morgan - Welcome and thanks! I thought it worked pretty well.

JJ - Welcome - yes, but don't talk about it or they might TELL you!!!

; )

tennysoneehemingway said...

more Aussieness please. Still brilliant though.

Alex the Girl said...

Lovely rendition of the Scope and Cora affair. I can hear Cora's squeek from here.

Soda and Candy said...

Tenny - Thanks! Why don't YOU write a post about your favorite Aussie lollies and let me know? I will pimp it over here for sure!

Alex - Is THAT what that sound was?!
; )

Cora said...

Oh sorry. You heard that? My bad.