Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Mmmm, shoes.

I wrote and deleted was going to write a long, whiny, self-indulgent post, sulking & pouting because hardly anyone is commenting on any of my posts these days...

...but then I got some new shoes and I thought y'all might enjoy that more, so here is a photo!
Awesome, right? I feel about seven feet tall in them.

19 comments:

God said...

So uhm, yeah, now I'm feeling all guilty for lurking and want to comment, but man....commenting on a shoes post?

You might as well tape my boys back between my legs and put some mascara on me right now. But look, I commented!

Esmé Glass said...

I need to start wanting to look nice again. I feel like I've been in Shlubb Mode all winter and it's taking me FOREVER to break out of it (maybe because it's windy and freezing cold here?)

Also, I'm still reading, even if I don't comment. Sometimes I actually have trouble thinking of things to say (I know, it's shocking!!)

Scope said...

With that heal, you probably ARE 7 feet tall.

Who knew a cute pair of shoes would improve a woman's mood?

sj said...

Love them. Quite Hawt.

Shawn said...

Are you sure that's a shoe? It looks like a footstool or a stepladder. How do you walk in something like that??

Soda and Candy said...

To quote Mr Londonstreet, "Hooray, comments!"

God - see, I didn't even know you were reading me! (God is reading my blog?! I better delete all the swears.)

Racquel - I know, I get that sometimes. That's when I rite "Heh, awesome" on like every post I read that day. Although to be fair they usually are awesome.

Scope - It's like fairy magic.

SJ - Thanks! They look better on,. but I wasn't gonna post a pic of my pasty feet!

Shawn - it takes practice, and even then you get tendonitis sometimes. But then you get lovely pink painkillers, so it all evens out.
; )

Anonymous said...

I love me some summer wedges. I always go for vintage 70s looking brown ones or ones with a huge clumpy wooden heel. They're the only heels I'll do. Wedges and giant platforms. Your shoes are CUTE!

Soda and Candy said...

Veg - Summer shoes rule. I haven't any wood ones, aren't they heavy?

I also have Cole Haan Air Rickis that are freaking adorable. White canvas slingback, red patent piping, red patent wedge heel.

*sigh*

words...words...words... said...

These must double your height. Honestly, I have no idea how you people walk around on those things.

Candy's daily Dandy said...

Shoe porn is always the best way to bring the ladies in.

I LOVE wedges!

Fabulous choice Girl!

BeckEye said...

They're cute. That's about all I can say, what with missing that girly shoe obsession gene and all.

mo.stoneskin said...

With a seven-foot heel like that you should feel tall!! ;)

Cora said...

*laughing at God* (oh, wait! That can't be good. Uhh... please don't smite me, God. Thanks.)

I think comments are down all over Blogdom. Nobody is getting as many comments as we used to. At least that's what I tell myself to feel better when I get just a few measly little comments on a post. *sniffle*

Char said...

Even if you are only 4'6", you'd still be 7' with those on. But, they sure are cute. I love wedges (not wedgies).

Nej said...

Read one of your comments on a blog I read, so had to come check out the land of soda and candy. :-)

Love the shoes! Nothing like a new pair of shoes to make a girl smile. :-)

Gwen said...

Cuuuuuute!

Soda and Candy said...

WWW - See my reply to Sean : ). Also, "you people"?! hehe

Candy - I KNEW you at least would comment on this one!!! : D

BeckEye - Thanks! Did you get the handbag gene then? Or are you actually able to save money?

Mo - Heh. Tall and a bit wobbly if they were seven feet by themselves.

Cora - Pshaw, you always get lots... of comments. *snicker*

Char - Haha, yes, wedges are infinitely preferable to wedgies.

Nej - Thank you, it's very true.

Gwen - Yup : D

tennysoneehemingway said...

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!! Cork heels are wrong on so many levels I just don't know where to start. You've been away from Oz for too long.

Soda and Candy said...

Tenny - it looks like cork in this photo, but it's actually not, and most of it is covered by the leather and the jutey stuff. Trust me, I would never go all-cork, you are right about those.