Sunday, May 10, 2009

The Blogisferia Chronicles: Chapter the Second


Previous Chapters:

Chapter The First

***********************
Princess Soda was walking through the Candysoda town square when she saw, coming towards her, a statuesque raven-haired beauty dressed from head to toe in tartan.

"Holla!" she called out delightedly. "What news, Lady Anna?"

"Holla yersel'!" Lady Anna Russell of Glesga smiled down at the diminutive princess. "Blessings of the great Chuck D be upon you! Have you heard about our - hold on a minute."

Lady Anna was a dear, friendly person and a talented poet, but she had an odd personality quirk; a deep, abiding hatred of dwarves, one of whom she had just spotted walking down the street. Her elegant face took on a stormy, enraged expression, and as the dwarf approached them, she sent him flying with a mighty kick.

"Take that, ye wee bastard!" she shouted. "Awa' an' bile yer heid!"

"Now then lassie, as I was saying..." she turned back to Princess Soda, beaming genially. "Have you heard about our friend Lord Londonstreet?"

Lord Londonstreet was a foreign lord with impeccable speech and manners. Princess Soda was very fond of reading his proclamations (especially those concerning the food rituals of his people) but they had been few and far between lately.

"No, please tell me, Lady Anna! What has happened?"

"He - Oh look, there he is! He can tell you himself!"

A fine gentleman wearing a top hat and a monocle approached them.

"Lord Londonstreet, do tell me what has happened to you!" pleaded Princess Soda.

"Your Highness, I've been cursed! Jolly inconvenient, what? An evil wizard has put the Curse of Arr Ess Eye on me. Can't write my bloody proclamations, dash it all! Still, mustn't grumble..."

"Oh no! Londonstreet, I shall ask all my wizards and good witches to look into this matter. A cure must be found!"

**************************


I hope it gets better soon, Mr. Londonstreet.

5 comments:

Anna Russell said...

Love it, love it, love it! Hehehehehe.

Soda and Candy said...

Yay, I'm so glad Anna!
: )

tennysoneehemingway said...

This is gettin' good.

words...words...words... said...

Anna Russell sounds like the kind of person I wouldn't want to meet in a dark alley. And I know you are writing fantasy, but I think Mr. LS might really have a monocle. He doesn't wear it every day, but you never know when you will need one.

Soda and Candy said...

Thanks Tennyson!

Words - Correction, I should very much like to have Miss Anna by my side in a dark alley, I think she knows how to handle her business.
Also, he denies it, but I agree that Mr LS has a monocle. I'm pretty sure all British people get one when they come of age.