Thursday, May 7, 2009

The Blogisferia Chronicles: Chapter the First

All right people, you've been wondering what the super special secret reward was and here it is. The two bloggers who won the most recent Mad Blogs have won the honor of being the first characters to be featured in my new series, The Blogisferia Chronicles. I hope you enjoy it, and if you don't, you can suck it, because I really enjoy writing it!

Here is the first chapter - it's a little long but it requires some set-up; I don't anticipate future chapters being quite this long!!!


*********************
Once upon a time, there was a fairy princess named Soda, who lived in the magical land of Blogisferia.

Princess Soda ruled over Candysoda, a small kingdom within Blogisferia. It was a delightful place with cobbled streets and a fountain in the town square that bubbled all day long with every flavor of soda (or soft drink) you could wish for.

The people of Blogisferia liked nothing more than to share their innermost thoughts, feelings, likes, dislikes, and the minutiae of their daily lives with each other (and anyone else who happened to be within listening distance). They were also addicted to entering competitions and winning awards, which they displayed prominently around their dwellings.


Princess Soda was no exception, often inviting people from all over Blogisferia to visit her and devising competitions to entertain them all.

*********************

One day, Princess Soda was walking in the woods just outside Candysoda Castle when she came upon a knight sitting on a rock. He was rubbing dirt into his suit of armor and banging it with rocks.

"Sir Words... words... words...? It is you!" cried the Princess. "Whatever are you doing?!"

"Everyone thinks being a knight is so glamorous." grumbled the knight. "It's not. It's all interminable round-table meetings and lots of boring hard work. But my damn armor never gets a scratch on it. It comes out looking as shiny as the day I bought it, and that just doesn't help my case."

"Well, never mind about that, Words. What I want to know is, why in Blog's name did you get your horse in such a horrible color?" asked the Princess, to whom such matters were of vital importance.

"Sivvick is a great steed!" said Sir Words defensively. "He runs beautifully, and is very reliable."

Princess Soda regarded the mustard-colored horse dubiously.
"Still, are you sure you wouldn't like me to enchant him into a lovely rose pink, or a mint-green perhaps?"

Sir Words was saved from having to reply by a rustling of nearby branches.

There in the clearing they saw a Gnu. It was gently biting a small cube of rainbow colored jelly and giggling to itself.

"Hello Gnu," said the Princess, "what is your name?"

The Gnu spoke:
"i'm biting on the dessert
i'm a gnu with no name
it feels good to get out of the rain
... was i talking in verse again? sorry about that, mate!"

"'Mate?' Oh snap!" cried the Princess delightedly. "You're from Straya? I grew up in Straya!"

"that's ace! here, have a lamington." replied the Gnu.

"Ta very much." Princess Soda accepted the small cake graciously.

As she took it from the Gnu's hoof, an amazing transformation began to occur, and soon, standing in front of them, right where the Gnu had been, was a beautiful fairy with rainbow-colored hair.

"it's me, amplified!" cried the fairy happily.


**************************************

16 comments:

words...words...words... said...

This is the most nerdily awesome thing ever. EVER. I get to be a knight! Sivvick is so happy that he pooped.

So creative! Thank you :)

Cora said...

Well, hey! Look at that! S&C, I am LOVIN' this!

And I can soooooo picture Words as a knight speaking that way. ;-)

Anonymous said...

Dude, what did I tell you? No good can come of narcotics.

I hear WX3 always rides a rose pink steed. That's what he calls it anyway....

I can see why you left Straya now - the ozthorities were going to lock you up!

Shawn said...

Heh, I like it. "Straya", in particular, made me chuckle.

mo.stoneskin said...

I'm a Gnu with no name...

That cracks me up.

Dunno why, got a strange deja vu...

Soda and Candy said...

WWW - Right? I'm glad you like it and you're very welcome sir.

Cora - Don't think there isn't a chapter with your name on it, missy!

Veg - I swear I'm not tripping balls. It all makes sense if you read their blogs.

Which you ALL should.

Shawn - Thanks!

Mo - I was a bit upset that she's not the Gnu anymore to be honest. The punning possibilities were rich & varied...

Candy's daily Dandy said...

Well done Soda! Creative and witty, but it left me with one question.

Are you SURE is just Soda and Candy you be popping over there???

tennysoneehemingway said...

I do hope there are going to be more local straya references. A few of us are a bit sick of reading all the US ones.

Andy - Instafather said...

Any princess that says "Oh, snap!" is a winner in my book.
Nicely done, Soda. I do hope the soda fountain included Vanilla Coke.

Soda and Candy said...

Candy - I swear it.

Tennyson - I am a Strayan, but I live in the US, so my Straya references are necessarily somewhat scarce. "Me, Amplified" is a proper Aussie blogger though!

Andy - Heh, thanks, and of course Vanilla Coke is there!

Eric said...

Creative!

Bea said...

g'day mate,
ta on the story, it was a corker. all i needed was a cuppa and a bikkie and it woulda been beaut. that Sir Words bloke seems to be a bloody bludger though! don't worry, i don't think you have a Kangaroo loose in your top paddock.

haha, we're such dags.

i'm a little disappointed you didn't manage to get Holy Dooley in there though!

Soda and Candy said...

Eric - thanks!

Me, Amped - Hahaha, you are a genius! Truth be told, Bert Newton is actually a much funnier reference than Gary Busey, except that no one outside of Straya knows who he is!

Gwen said...

This is really creative. I get tingly when people think outside their monitor. Bravo!

Scope said...

Backing up about 40 comments, but I was saddened when she stopped being "the Gnu" too, but I understand the need of some people to mix things up a little.

Soda and Candy said...

Thanks Gwennie! I definitely plan to feature you, I hope that's okay!

Scope - yep, me too ; )

(although I feel 100% at home in this lovely pink blog of mine.)