Friday, May 15, 2009

What’s your flavor?


If there was an ice cream flavor based on my personality*, it would be Soda & Candy Sundae: strawberry ice cream with a ribbon of strawberry flavored pop rocks.

And maybe some glitter.

It still wouldn’t be my favorite flavor though, because that is Caramel Caribou – creamy vanilla ice cream with a caramel ribbon and tiny little caramel filled chocolate cups. It makes me wiggle my toes in happiness when I eat it.

What would your personality ice cream flavor be?

What about your favorite flavor?

*Inspired by this post about Ben & Jerry's flavors over at Candy’s Daily Dandy.

25 comments:

FunnyGal KAT said...

Oooooh, a topic after my own heart! I think my personality flavor would be the gooiest (I'm over the top), most colorful (I'm "loud") and chocolatey-est (I love chocolate and making up words) concoction you could think of.

My favorite flavor is Ben & Jerry's Cherry Garcia, but I like Caramel Caribou a lot, too.

Cowguy said...

Bunny Tracks or Tin Roof Sundae... Vanilla is hard to beat, if someone made Bacon ice cream I'd try it. lol

Sass said...

I have zero clue what my flavor would be. Something that seems very sweet and innocent and first...then zings you with a big kick in the butt of flavor. Maybe something with shock tarts in it. ;)

My favorite flavor? I have two. I'm so boring, though. Butter Pecan or Orange Sherbet. Comfort foods.

Sam_I_am said...

I have a sick addiction to chocolate, so my ice cream would be dark chocolate, with dark chocolate chunks and some carmel chunks tossed in for good measure. yummmm.... I love Ben and Jerry's.

Scope said...

It would be "Scope's Scoops" and it would be a serious ice cream, since I'm a somewhat serious guy:

Vinilla bean ice cream - At my core, I'm simple and refined.
Cherry bits - While strawberries get most of the red fruit love, I will go with cherry. I don't mind fighting what the in-crowd thinks is cool.
Bits of chocolate covered shortbread. Adding a touch of class and sophistication to the whole thing, and plus, that's just good stuff.

B&J had something like this called "Hail Brittania" or something, but with that celebutant of fruit the strawberry. And I know I'm harshing on the strawberry today, and I don't know why. I actually like them.

But they are no cherries.

Alex the Girl said...

If we're going to get on board, can we change our flavor to reflect the current status of our life?

That would make me pineapple upside down cake, low on the sugar allowing the tinge that pineapple to rise and bite you from behind and water your mouth just a little. Maybe just the pineapple upside down topping. I'll have to think about it.

BeckEye said...

My favorite flavor is Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough. But if I were a flavor, it would probably be Half Baked, like all of my ideas. (Which is also delicious.)

erin said...

I think i would be something minty, but not generic like mint chocolate chip...this will require some thought.

The Imaginary Reviewer said...

Hmm, two difficult questions. I'm a big fan of anything that has a load of stuff in it, like cookie dough or brownies or nuts or chocolate chips.

If I was a flavour I'd be mint chocolate chip.

words...words...words... said...

The flavor that best represents me would be Chocolate Peanut Butter Cheesecake. Because I am cheesy and nutty.

But my favorite flavors are B&J's Cinnamon Buns, CoffeeCoffeeBuzzBuzzBuzz and Brownie Batter. I also loved a flavor from my youth called Peppermint Twist that was pink and had little peppermint crunchy things in it. It was delicious.

SkylersDad said...

Chocolate, chocolate chip. I am all about the chocolate!

Nej said...

I'm a meat and potatoes girl....but something tells me it wouldn't make for a tasty ice cream. :-)

mo.stoneskin said...

I would be toffee, with little chunky toffee bits, and lots of chocolate sause and maybe some cream on top.

Soda and Candy said...

Wow. Message received loud and clear, Blogosphere - ""Write about ice cream, dumbass!"
; )

Kat - I think I would like Funnygal Kat ice cream!

Cowguy - Please elaborate on those two flavors, I don't know them!

Sass - Orange sherbet sounds pretty good to me. What are shock tarts though?

Sam - My husband would order a pint of that minus the caramel!

Scope - Ooh, good one. Although (a) depends on the type of cherry, and (b) I tend not to like fruit pieces in ice cream - they get too ice crystally when frozen. But that is a well thought out flavor.

Alex - ooh, interesting flavor, but I think I would prefer a non-creamy pineapple-flavor sorbet.

BckEye - ooh cookie dough, yum. But what is Half Baked?

Erin - a fancy mint sorbet perhaps? Or a minty cookies & cream?

TIR - Yeah texture is good with icecream!

WWW - Chocolate Peanut Butter Cheesecake? That is too many flavors, my friend. But the Brownie Batter one sounds good.

Skylers Dad - You gotta respect the classics.

Nej - Hahahaha... euw.

Mo - Damn. I would totally order a Stoneskin Sundae!

Eric said...

Pistachio, because it's green and that makes it healthy, right? :)

Soda and Candy said...

Eric - I like the way you think!
; )

Bea said...

i like it when it has lots of stuff in it like Cold Rock. so i'd put chocolate icecream with mint pieces, toffee, kit kat's, cake, m and m's and a flake. yum.

Soda and Candy said...

Me - Hahaha, sounds delicious!
We were just complaining the other day that they don't have Flakes over here. Philistines.

Char said...

Heath Beneath. I would eat a cow patty if it had Heath bars crumbled on it!p

Candy's daily Dandy said...

Oh Girlfriend you are rcokin my sox, with a shout out on your blog!
Thank you much!

Lets seee... I would be pepermint sick (cuz I'm spicy) with chocolate chunks (cuz i'm smooth) and tiny bits of almond nuts, (which I think is pretty self- explanatory)

Oooh that was fun!

Soda and Candy said...

Candy - Of course!

Also, I hope you mean peppermint stick because... ew.

Cora said...

Alright, I've got it! The CORA flava would be this:

Chocolate ice cream (because I love, love, LOVE chocolate!!)

Fudge frosting swirls (cuz I'm sweet and swirly *snicker*)

Snickers bars (because I snicker a lot)

Marshmallow cream (aka marshMELLOW cream, to represent my often overlooked mellow side)

Black cherries (to satisfy the health nut in me)

Almonds (because I'm nutty)

Chocolate sprinkles (just because)

and little sugar cookies shaped like all the letters of the alphabet so you can spell out rude words while eating (because I would soooooo get a kick out of that!!)

But what should we call it? Coracopia? Diabetic Nightmare? My Pants Are Soooooo Not Going To Fit After This?....

Soda and Candy said...

Cora, that is a badass flavor.

I think I would call it Yes, It's About A Week Until My Woman Times, What Of It? Swirl.

BeckEye said...

Half Baked = chocolate and vanilla ice cream mixed with brownies and chocolate chip cookie dough. Yum-o.

Soda and Candy said...

Half Baked = DELICIOUS!!! That sounds sooo good.