So we watched the season finale of Survivor the other night and as per ushe they revealed at the end of the reunion show where the next season will be located.
***Spoiler Alert****
Samoa.
Oh my gosh how exciting, a South Pacific island loca... no, wait, they've done that about seven hundred times already. Not to say I won't be watching it anyway, but still.
Husband said he wished they'd totally switch it up and go somewhere completely different, which is when we came up with:
Survivor: Manhattan
The survivors have to spend 39 days in the dank, fetid subway tunnels of Manhattan Island.
They must build their own shelters out of indigenous materials like cardboard boxes and discarded Wall St. Journals, and avoid native hazards such as sewer alligators and that really smelly steam that comes out of manhole covers.
Challenges include:
Asking a New Yorker for Directions
Interpreting a New Yorker Cartoon
Building a Trashcan Fire
Eating a Sewer Rat Before It Eats You
Not Being Stabbed By a Hobo
*A million points to whoever can correctly identify this Simpsons quote, and a bonus million if you can figure out how the heck it relates to this post.
numer darowizny: SRTF/067/SWD .
1 month ago
23 comments:
The quote is from the episode when Homer's car is abandoned outside the twin towers in New York. I would like to redeem my points for a new toaster, please.
On the subject of Survivor, I always thought it was about time they did a tundra season. Like, stick everyone out in the Arctic somewhere; hot has been done to death. Let's see them freeze their arses off.
It's from the episode where Barney steals Homer's car and leaves it parked at the World Trade Center plaza.
He drinks too many and has to run to the top of the trade center towers in order to find a working restroom.
That would be awesome. I think I"d finally watch it.
I was thinking the exact same thing. I figured they wouldn't be going anywhere really different, but I feel like they should change the rules up a little. Maybe have them be one tribe from the beginning.
It's the one where they go to NYC and Homer meets that vendor by the WTC Towers! Man, I absolutely LOVE that one!! It seems like they never show it anymore, though...
Also, I'm with you on new Survivor locations. Why not send them to Compton? Or the tundra?
That quote sounds vaguely familiar but I can't think of what episode that was from. I think Homer said it though. $50 says that WWW guesses it.
TIR - You are the winner for being first!!! If I could, I would send you a pink toaster that embosses Hello Kitty on your toast. But, um... *turns out pockets & shrugs*
Also, I am a longtime proponent of Survivor: Antarctica. They could catch penguins!
mjenks - Bingo!
Alex - right? I think everyone would.
Shawn - They tried with the racial & gender divides, but it didn't change things for long. And if they really did go somewhere cold, they'd have to fire their blurring department, who worked overtime this season thanks to Sierra!
Racquel - Yup! And true, they barely ever show it anymore. I think it's time!!!
BeckEye - It'll serve WWW right for not reading earlier!!!
Everyone else beat me to it, so eff me for losing a million points today. Damnit!
That's all right Kurt, points are seriously devalued in today's economy anyway. They're only worth like half a million points really.
These Imaginary Reviewers, they know everything, it's not fair.
Survivor should get the hell off of islands and warm locals and put them someplace tough. Stick them on a mountain and let them eat Marmots, fashion weapons out of sticks, and really survive!
Mo - Heh. And what they don't know, they imagine!
(see what I did there?)
SkylersDad - I'm sayin'. That'd make good watching.
Ah, dammit, the NYC episode. Shoulda known.
I really like this idea actually. I mean everyone auditioning for the next survivor is expecting some wild island location, right? Why not shake 'em up by dumping them somewhere utterly unexpected? Brilliant!
In real life, the line "...and that's when the C.H.U.D.s came at me." is used at the conclusion to a great many of my stories.
And I have always wanted to see "Survivor: Aleutian Islands" not in the winter, but even in the summer they should be dank and miserable.
I haven't watched Survivor since the All-Stars. But I'd tune in again for Survivor: Manhattan for sure!
And I fully support Homer's decision to drink crab juice over Mountain Dew. You need SOMETHING to wash down that Kalav Kalash.
Great idea for a Survivor.
Yes, New Yorker cartoons, very droll...
I 'got one' once. Let me tell you, it wasn't a proud day.
BeckEye - Yes. Yes you should.
Cora - And you KNOW they'd all be dressed totally wrong for it! hehehe.
Scope - The Aleutian Islands would really make a change from the usual Survivor islands.
WWW - Exactly. I actually was torn between this quote and the wealthy dowager "How dreadfully rude! I do hope someone stabs him in the eye!"
Eric - Haha, I guess you're the only one that picked up on that one?!
I've never really got the idea of Survivor. They're not surviving anything. There's a camera crew there all the time for fuck's sake. Now, if they had to kill each other to survive - well then, that'd be a show.
Oh, FYI, you were the inspiration for my post today.
Sounds like a ordinary day at the office for a native New Yorker. I'd watch.
Tennyson - Right? As long as they're not filming on American soil...
; )
Scope - Hehe, thanks!
Everybody - go read Scope's post!!!
Candy - Haha, you could be right. They're a tough bunch.
that would be amazing. survivor manhattan.
Post a Comment