Rihanna made it clear through her lawyer at Thursday’s hearing that she didn’t want a “stay away” order barring Chris Brown from communicating with her.It's none of my damn business and I can never be sure that I will know what really happened between the two of them.
But every judgmental bone in my body (i.e. all of them) is aquiver right now.
If he did what it appears he did, I hope that someone close to her can get through to her and make her realize that no one deserves that, and that she will be better off cutting him out of her life for good.
7 comments:
My friends and I were talking about this and something came up so I have a devils advocate question for you.
What if the fight was mutual. As in.. she started the punching and stuff and he "defended" himself as a defense mechanism?
the only reason this came up is because we were remembering this girl that used to date a friend of ours whom HE pressed charges on because she used to beat the hell out him. Of course she was WAY bigger than him so it wasn't hard to accomplish. But still. She was the abuser. If he ever tried to hit her back and succeeded he'd be in jail right now.
THAT has nothing to do with THIS. I'm just asking like I said.. to play devils advocate.
I agree in all particulars. I know it's a double standard, but I also think it's weird that she's in her mid 20s (I think) and he's 19.
Welcome to my blog, Twinkie! What you're bringing up is exactly why I'm trying not to be as judgmental as usual on this one.
In this case I think it's fair to assume that in a fight Brown would have the physical advantage, but it's not impossible that there was hitting and physicality from both sides.
On the other hand, is it more important to figure out exactly where the blame lies in this situation, or to universally condemn the abhorrent physical abuse that is believed to have happened?
I'm torn!
WWW - Yeah that always felt a bit weird to me too, along with the *judgey mcjudgerson* fact that she's smoking hot and he's just not attractive at all.
I hate the double-standard. Many of my girlfriends think it's OK for a girl to hit a guy because women get "emotional", but it's not OK for them to be hit back because, well, "you should never hit a woman".
Way to send us right back to the 30's, guys.
racquel - but let me put it this way (not that this would ever happen)- if i hit my husband as hard as i can, he will be annoyed. if he hits me as hard as he can, i could be hospitalized.
on the other hand I do agree with you, it is not any more okay for a woman to hit a man than it is for a man to hit a woman. i think that just on a basic human respect level.
Oh Believe me! I agree that no man should hit a woman. I'm just curious to see if we'd all feel as bad for Rhiana if there was video footage (as in not just heresay) of HER "starting the fight" so to speak.. like she started kicking and socking him then he hit her back or whatever.
He's still wrong for hitting her regardless.
But would we feel as bad for her?
While I'd like to think they each have a right to live their lives however they'd like (with or without each other), they are role models whether they like it or not. And I don't at all like the message she's sending by "standing by her man" after he beats the crap out of her.
And the thing is, even if she "started it," he really hurt her. She should be charged, too, if she beat on him. But there's a difference between slapping someone back and injuring them thoroughly. Just my two cents...
Post a Comment