Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Over To You: Which Would You Be?

Would you rather be a pet:

dog
cat
bird
or
fish
?

I vote cat, because they sleep for 16 hours a day and do whatever the hell they feel like for the other 8, and people still love them a lot. I would be a nice petite black cat with a white chest and white socks, because it's classy and black goes with everything.

17 comments:

words...words...words... said...

I love that you thought about matching things when you decided what you were going to be. You're such a girl, I swear.

I would be a dog, because no one makes TV shows or movies about cats that rescue people from wells. Cats couldn't give two shits.

j.sterling said...

DOGS, cause they are totally superior and super lovable. lol

Tash said...

I vote bird. Because I want to fly, and drugs are just too expensive a way of doing it.

mo.stoneskin said...

I vote 'catbird', so I could get all the freedom and style of the cat but also fly.


What, wasn't that one on the list?!

Poobomber said...

I'd be a fish - since they have such a short memory, it'd be easy to commit genocide and still live a guilt-free life.

Soda and Candy said...

WWW - Um, the hot-pink blog didn't tip you off?

jennster - welcome! and I agree that dogs are super lovable, but I know cats would disagree that they're superior!

Tish - I know, right? Lousy economy.

Mo - I'll allow it. But do catbirds eat other catbirds?

Poob - Guilt free is always good!

rachaelgking said...

DEFINITELY cat. Because then I can be bitchy and it's just expected of me.

Kind of like now, but with less dirty looks.

Sam_I_am said...

whoa, Fiance and I had this convo last night. I'd rather be a cat, so I didnt have to do dumb tricks

Shawn said...

I voted ?. It's a very useful bit of punctuation, without which any written question would be rendered into a statement. I would be very proud to be a ?.

Twinkie said...

I'd be a butterfly. That whole second chance at life thing just totally draws me in.

Soda and Candy said...

Lilu - Right? Everyone loves cats no matter how disdainful they are, and works for their affection too!

Sam - Ooh, that's a good point too! As long as you still get treats.

Shawn & Twinkie - You guys are cheaters! Hmph. But still good choices of things to be, if not the greatest pets.

The Imaginary Reviewer said...

Definitely cat. They eat the tastiest food.

Tom said...

I like cats the least, but I'd pick a cat since they have it the easiest. All they do is sleep and hang out. I do like to sit near a window to soak up the sun like cats too. Nobody expects anything from a cat.

MJenks said...

On one hand, you have Garfield and Heathcliff and Morris. And Snowball (I-V).

On the other, you have Lassie, Rin Tin Tin, Benji, and Santa's Little Helper.

Still, on the other hand, you have Bucky Katt.

I would be a cat, if I could be a sarcastic, unabashedly Republican cat that spits vitriol and thinks its poetry, with one fang sticking down and a taste for monkey meat.

Otherwise, it's dog all the way.

Anonymous said...

Cat. They can flip the bird at their owner and still be spoiled as shit.

That's a life I want.

Twinkie said...

You've never had a pet butterfly? LOL Ok so I haven't either but my son did. He brought a caterpillar home and we watched it and recorded it's changes for a school project. Very cool ... very cool! Of course once it turned to a butterfly we let it go but I still like to think of it as my pet. that ran away.

Anonymous said...

Cat, except I'd want to be one with patches of all sorts of different color fur: black, brown, white, turquoise, etc.

But seriously, cats have the life. They chill all the time; they don't get a bad reputation for being beggers, even though they have their moments; and they don't front... it's "Take me as I am... if not, I don't give an eff. Now go get me some catnip."