Monday, March 16, 2009

Lost Merchandising Opportunity

I guess Mel Gibson was too busy hating on Jewish people or whatever, because he totally failed to come up with the perfect merchandising tie-in for his Mayan epic, Apocalypto:

Apocalypt-Os! Delicious*.




*Until 2012.

12 comments:

words...words...words... said...

"Apocalypt-Os - A revelation at your breakfast table!"

It's too bad about the end of the world. The shelf life of most sugary cereals means they'd be edible way past 2012.

sj said...

would they be cereal?

or would they be a kind of spaghettio?

Soda and Candy said...

WWW - hahaha, so true!

SJ - I think cereal.

PS, I know the Photoshop is crappy as hell, but I wanted to make the joke as quickly as possible, since it's already like 3 years out of date (we just Netflixed the movie the other day)

Esmé Glass said...

Dude. I would so eat those.

MJenks said...

The world is supposed to end on my 37th birthday. Just sayin'.

Andy - Instafather said...

Please buy me a box of those. I think they'd be laden with nutrients, vitamins and guilt.

Soda and Candy said...

Racquel - Mmm, solid gold cereal. It comes with marshmallow idols!

MJenks - So what you're saying is, it's all your fault?

Andy - Delicious guilt.

Cora said...

Good point! But what kind of prize would be in the bottom of the box, I wonder?....

Catherinette said...

Ahahaha!! Makes me want to run out and eat a whole box.

Do they come in whole grain variety?

Tom said...

I want to know if there are also little marshmallow decapitated heads included to sweeten them. Kind of like lucky charms.

Dr Zibbs said...

Love it.

Soda and Candy said...

Cora - not sure I want to know!

Catherinette - Certainly not, this is America. Cereal contains NO nutritional value. I believe that's in the Constitution.

Chaka - Yes!

Zibbs - Thanks!