Tuesday, March 24, 2009

booooooooooo.

ever been so hungry you thought you might vomit? no? just me then.

i feel like i eat all the time and yet somehow my tummy is always grumbling. and when i say i eat all the time i mean it - i have a mid morning snack and an afternoon snack as well as the usual 3 meals. i sometimes even need a snack as soon as I get home from work, even though i make dinner right away.

back in college i had the metabolism of a freaking hummingbird and i was skinny as hell. i still feel hungry all the time, and i don't feel like i'm eating more than before, but i have a round little belly where there was no such thing before. back in the day, all i had to do was lay off the mayonnaise for a couple of months and the weight would start dropping off. these days, things are not the same.

it's gotten worse in the last couple of years as i slide down the slippery slope to thirty, my metabolism slowing down and my early-onset old-lady attributes (deafness, forgetfulness, crotchetiness) increasing exponentially.

bloody hell.

9 comments:

words...words...words... said...

I hate my metabolism. I had nothing to eat between lunch yesterday and breakfast this morning and I'm STILL a house.

Anonymous said...

I have this app on my iPhone called Lose It (it's a calorie counter) Anyways, I have always thought that I'm a very good eater. Not a snacker. eat healthy foods, yadda yadda.. but I'm still overweight. And still, not losing any.

but now, I enter every single little thing I eat and WOW!!! I go over my allowed calorie allotment almost every day. Crazy!

for example, I'll eat a whole wheat, turkey sandwich with spinach instead of regular lettuce. Healthy right?? TONS OF CALORIES. Who knew?

Same thing with soft drinks. Or a baked potato, even if you don't put stuff on it. Crazy.

MJenks said...

three snacks and three meals? Are your feet also hairy, do you live in a hole, and do you have a predilection toward the color green?

also...any rings that turn you invisible laying around? And, if so, can I borrow it?

Soda and Candy said...

WWW - Sad, isn't it. But *Mommy voice* don't skip any more meals!!! It will make your body hold on that much harder to any food you give it.

Twinkie - Wow, I would probably be horrified if I knew my calorie intake. Same reason I don't keep scales in the house. I just go by whether my jeans are too tight or not (they are).

mjenks - LOL! "I don't think he knows about second breakfast, Pip!"

mo.stoneskin said...

Not just you.

I eat my lunch at 9, then have to buy lunch for lunch, then end up snacking on the way home before dinner!

Esmé Glass said...

Wait, you mean second breakfast isn't normal?

Diane said...

The slippery slope to 30. Awwwww... I'd like to say I feel sorry for you. Yeah, I'd like to. But I don't! Wait 'til you're sliding on past 40 and your metabolism resembles that of a snail. On Valium. THEN I'll feel sorry for you. OK, maybe not, as I'll be sliding on past 60 by then! ;)

Soda and Candy said...

Mo - I'd say I feel your pain, except you can afford to buy a replacement lunch. Lousy non-exploded English economy.

Racquel - It totally is!

Diane - Everyone else gets older, but I feel like it happens faster to me.

Jess said...

I'm with you on this one! I was thinking that very thing this morning - how come I am ALWAYS hungry?