i'm thinking of going all e.e. cummings and writing everything in lower case.
i won't leave out punctuation (because i am a grammar nazi and i love brackets, although i guess i could switch to square ones, which i also love. but however), but it means I won't have to stretch over for that damn shift key so much (i have little fingers and it's annoying).
also, it reminds me of my beloved archy the cockroach poems (click here if you don't know who that is!) by don marquis.
i find it pleasing and unusual - and yet i still want to know your opinion on the matter! please let me know what you think in the comments.
numer darowizny: SRTF/067/SWD .
1 month ago
16 comments:
Hmm...I'm not sure. I am also a grammar nazi and it might grate after a while. Besides, the judgment of someone who thinks Rihanna is smokin' hot could be faulty ;)
It's worth a try!
bite your tongue words, she is gorgeo!
Rihanna is smokin'. Ever since she cut her hair short I've had a girl crush on her.
I like the all lowercase. It's very soothing. All caps, on the other hand IS TERRIBLE TO READ. IT'S LIKE SOMEONE IS SHOUTING IN YOUR EYES.
Sorry. Just trying to make my point.
"someone shouting in your eyes" - I like that (the phrase obvys, not the action!)
It will eventually drive me insane. So, if you don't mind having that on your conscience, go ahead and go all lowercase.
I'm with Beck... tee hee.
I think you should go all Jose Saramago where everything is "in long sentences, with scant punctuation. Sentences can be half a page long and occasionally longer, and the lack of quotation marks around dialogue means it is not always possible to tell who is speaking."
I think you should do it depending upon mood.
Some days are just "all lower case," kind of days.
Others, notsomuch.
;)
BeckEye & Twinkie - Hmm. I'll have to think about that one!
; )
Brandon - I read a book like that once, I was constantly having to go back up and re-read conversations to figure out who was talking!
Ooff. I do this. All the time. Am incredibly lazy about capitalization.
And now I see the error of my ways.
And will likely continue in this fashion.
Maybe you should be a rebel and wRITE lIKE tHIS.
Hi SJ! Hahaha, I see you do that in title posts sometimes. I like it.
TishTash - I do that often, but only because my stupid unco fingers hit the caps lock instead of the A key or something, and it goes on for-effing-ever, because I have to watch my fingers as I type, so I don't notice it on the screen.
I'm not sure I'd have any readers if I switched to that style permanently, although it is kind of alluring in a punky, ransom-notey kind of way.
Sass - I am a mood-driven person, definitely, but I think switching it up like that might just confuse people!
"Am I at the right blog, or...?"
i am pro all lower case! i like to do it on my comments... ya, HENCE! so go for it you swanky thing!
do it. i love e.e. cummings (i think i wrote about reading his poetry), so i'm all for it.
i do the whole lower case thing, but i didn't even realise until Mo. Stoneskin commented on it. now I'm Trying random Capitalization lol.
i really like your blog. it's my first time here.
love the Gnu
Post a Comment