Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Original Drafts VIII

Song requested by: the girl with the pink teacup.

18 comments:

Eric said...

LOL Good one!
Have you all ever heard the 'Me First and the Gimmie Gimme's cover of this one'? (without the improved lyrics, of course)

MJenks said...

I think your hovertext is broken.

Not that I don't not get it. I do, I do. I just like seeing hovertext used.

Shawn said...

Zep made a big mistake. "Disabled Access Ramp to Heaven" would have probably been a huge hit. Shame.

Soda and Candy said...

Eric - No, I haven't, it sounds like young people's music though.
; )

mjenks - Bugger! Thanks, I totally forgot! It's fixed now.

Shawn - I think so too!

sj said...

hilarious. and obviously, he realized that sequins are not always shiny. he should, however, have considered bugle beads.

SkylersDad said...

I believe you missed the first line re-works, as I heard they were:
There is a girl, or women, or perhaps a lady who may or may not be quite certain.

Gwen said...

I'd be more inclined to try for heaven if there was an escalator. As it stands, I'll stick with my my handbasket to hell. Much easier.

mo.stoneskin said...

I can't decide whether or not I agree with Shawn. But if LZ had gone for that title the song may have brought a different response!

Soda and Candy said...

SJ - Very true. : )

SkyDad - Hahaha, nice work. You should do a complete one of another song for me!

Gwen - Right? You just throw a couple of cushions in, and it's a comfy ride!

Mo - Hahaha, I know!

Soda and Candy said...

I am a retard and accidentally rejected these comments but was able to grab them:

Beckeye said: Yeah, but what was "If there's a bustle in your hedgerow" originally??

Wordsx3 said: I always thought everything that glitters was Bedazzled. I like the new addition of handwritten notes... most excellent : )

Soda and Candy said...

Beckeye - Sorry, Original Drafts are only based on lyrics I know - for anything that's not on my iPod, it's gonna be chorus only!

Words - Hahaha, Bedazzled! Thanks!

Laura said...

I found you through the girl with the pink teacup's blog. This is great!

And I don't knoew where I would be without the Aussie translation posts.

rachaelgking said...

*snarf* at "disabled access ramp".

Soda and Candy said...

Lola - Thanks! I really should try to up the amount of Aussie content, but I can't think of any new words!

LiLu - Heh. That's my favorite bit too. Hey, the disabled have to get to heaven too, right?

the girl with the pink teacup said...

OH. MY. GOD.

I knew you'd make this awesome, Soda, but you've smashed all my feeble expectations of mere awesomeness and replaced it with PURE GENIUS!

* The handwritten corrections. Oh, Lordy, so good. So, so good.

* The red pen for the corrections - did the guys in Led Zeppelin once aspire to schoolteaching posts as a backup plan if they couldn't make it big?

* Disabled access ramp. Cannot laugh harder at this or I'll fracture a rib.

Thank you for making my wildest Original Drafts dreams come true :)

Heavenly.

And DITTO GWEN!

Mr O said...

These are always so cool. I love how I declare myself a music nut, yet it takes me like five reads to "get it" but this was one had me laughing

Soda and Candy said...

Girl - Hehehehe, thanks! You are the best.

Mr O - Yeah, aren't you like, a music guy? tsk tsk!

Cora said...

LOL @ Gwen!