They say when you point the finger at someone else, three fingers are pointing right back at you. Kind of a physical manifestation of judge not, lest ye be judged, or do unto others as you would have them do unto you.
I don't enjoy conflict, drama or negativity, so I'm going to make sure I'm not part of bringing those things into the blogosphere from here on in*. There are ample opportunities to experience horribleness in real life, let's keep it out of here!
I just want this blog to be a happy place where everyone feels safe and I can talk with my friends.
So how are you guys going? What would you like to drink? Here, have some lamingtons.
*Snark doesn't count. So don't be afraid to talk smack about celebrities or whatever!
numer darowizny: SRTF/067/SWD .
1 month ago
28 comments:
mmm lamingtons. exotic.
I'm sorry that people come to your blog to bring you down.
I've been away. What did I miss?
I'm actually feeling peckish. Would you have any food around? Vegemite sandwich maybe? Don't all Australians mainline the stuff? I'd settle for a cheese sandwich. I'll bring you a cupcake.
Oh, I'm doing well enough. I'm just on the verge of having a melt down...the kids have been driving the nuts mobile, and school opens on the tenth of August. Where has the summer gone? If you can rewind the clock, I'd take that for as much money I have in the bank, which isn't much now that I've gone shopping for school supplies. Make my drink a strong one. Very strong indeed.
OMFG lamingtons!
can i get a time tam to go with those?
PS: the safety word verfication thingo is 'mathrea'. I totally have that! my maths is completely shite.
Great saying. I'd never heard it and I try my best not to judge others because I'm not perfect (eekkk I said that out loud).
Thanks for the invite! (settling into big comfy chair) Ooooh, I like what you have done with the colors in this place, and would you happen to have a dark beer?
Hear! hear! (did i spell that right?) ehh im sure you know what i mean :)
Is this a good time to mention that I always found Pollyanna intensely irritating and hoped she'd get a good going over from two burly chaps in a dark alley with an iron bar?
Thought not.
Valerie - Thank you. None of you guys that I know and love do that!
TIR - Not much.
Veggie - Bleurgh, Vegemite is horrible. I'll make you a cheese jaffle (that's a grilled cheese sandwich)
Alex - Double vodka coming up. Are you busier when the kids are in school or out of it and underfoot?
Sas - Hahahahahhaa, of course you can have a Tim Tam! And some Anzac bickies?
Little Ms - Yes, it's a good one isn't it? I think I need it on a poster on my wall.
Skyler's Dad - Only if it comes in a stubby. That's a small short-necked beer bottle, you sickos.
; )
CA - You did indeed, it makes me stabby when people say "Here! Here!"
Mr LS - Hahahaha! Don't worry, it'll probably last as long as all my other moods - which is until I get distracted by something shiny.
Whew.
What's a lamington? You know what? Never mind. If it's got alcohol in it, pour me two.
Shame on you for not reading all the comments in the cultural exchange post!:
Two layers of sponge cake with cream and sometimes strawberry jam between, dipped in a thin sort of melted chocolate and rolled in shredded dessicated coconut. Incidentally this and Anzac biscuits (cookies) are the only way I will eat coconut.
two layers of sponge cake with cream and strawberry jam between dipped in a thin sort of melted chocolate and rolled in dessicated coconut - I'm smearing it all over my body about now.
Hahaha, you naughty tart!!!
There goes the Pollyanna vibe!
have people been leaving nasty comments on your blog? How can they possibly be offended by you? You're a puppy dog. Albeit, a fierce, princessly one, who rules her country with an iron fist in a velvet glove and I'm gonna stop now before I do some real damage.
Things are busy but great!
lol @ Peach Tart
All is now well in Soda land?
Never been a huge fan of lamingtons. When you're basically force-fed the things by your darling if slightly senile grandmother on every visit for over two decades, you tend to develop a bit of a thing about them...
But I'd really love a Stone's Green Ginger Wine, if you're offering! And maybe a squishy armchair to kick back in. What have you got for DVDs, lovely lady? *crosses fingers and hopes it's not Pollyanna*
WWW - Hahahaha, yeah I knew I couldn't keep it up.
Tennyson - I'm puzzled too, but I'm just gonna stick to what I normally do.
Eric - I think so, I hope I don't jinx myself by saying that!!!
Teacup - I hear ya. Stone's Green Ginger Wine eh? No, it'll be my latest obsession, Battlestar Galactica.
; )
See, I take a weekend off of blogging to romp with Scope and now I'm back and I'm all confused. I missed something while I was romping, didn't I?
An Aquafina please. Bottled agua is how I do.
Cora - It's funny how much happens when you take even a short break isn't it?!
joshlos - Aquafizzle coming right up.
; )
Battlestar Galactica? My obsession too. Fab series and I was totally hooked. Don't get me started on it, I'll never leave.
Madame - We never watched it when it was on TV, so we're catching up now. I was a bit ambivalent about it til about halfway thru Season One, but I love it now. And we're almost done watching Season Two. No spoilers please!!!
I just told my roommate that I was going to start using the phrase "up in this piece" more often, so I'm happy to see you embracing it as well.
BeckEye - I like it, it's the clean version of "up in this bitch"!
Well, shooters. Am I banned then?
Of course not, my dear!!! You know I heart you!
Post a Comment