Saturday, July 11, 2009

Over to You: The true life story of...

What movie genre do you think the story of your life would be best suited to (and why)?

A romantic tearjerker? A Michael Bay blockbuster? Drama, thriller, black comedy?

Would it even be a movie? What about a TV show, or some other form like a comic book, an opera, or a photo essay?

I think my life story would be eerily similar to I Love Lucy: the wacky, attention-addicted wife with no logical thought processes who always gets into scrapes but somehow manages to be lovable... and stylishly dressed.

22 comments:

God said...

Cannonball Run, without Burt Reynolds, the zaniness, excitement, hilarity, cars, or anything else that was in the film.

Pretty much a guy napping a lot. Come to think of it, there haven't been many movies out there that feature a big dopey guy doing very little with his life, so I guess Cannonball Run is as close as it gets.

BeckEye said...

I think mine would definitely have to be a black comedy.

Soda and Candy said...

God - hahaha! Maybe like Garfield except with a dude instead of a cat?

BeckEye - I actually think black comedy is a genre that could accurately describe most people's lives. I think humor is the best way to deal with the bad things that happen to us.

SkylersDad said...

Alternating between Science Fiction, Comedy, and Adult film.

I would be the person that gets killed in the first scene of each.

Simon Butler said...

Something both boring and depressing that you wouldn’t want to finish: a Thomas Hardy book, perhaps.

Soda and Candy said...

SkyDad - Hahahahahaha, nice combo. It would be called a genre-defying crowd-pleaser, I'm sure!

Simon - Oh God, I just had a flashback to reading Tess of the D'Urbervilles for school. I hated it possibly more than Wuthering Heights.

Eric said...

49% Romantic Comedy,
30% Action Movie,
20% Historical Documentary...
1% Adult Film (haha, only 1% here because of the 20% above).

The Imaginary Reviewer said...

I'm pretty sure my life would be directed by Sofia Coppola and would have an excellent soundtrack by a Scottish Post-Rock band who specialise in dreamy 10-minute soundscapes.

Soda and Candy said...

Eric - Hahahahhaha, you are the thinking woman's... ummm... thinking man?

TIR - Hmm, can't put my finger on it but something seems familiar. Is your life also full of racist cliché incidents involving the Japanese? Or do you have suicidal virgin sisters?

the girl with the pink teacup said...

40% black comedy,

30% Scrubs, but in a non-hospital setting (at the moment...),

20% The Good Life - because it's a mid-70s British TV comedy about a couple who attempt to become self-sufficient. And because The Boy is pretty much Richard Briers' twin, personality-wise.

10% something that rhymes with horn.

The percentages stated above may shuffle on a daily basis, mood and weather depending.

Another excellent blogger game, Soda!

the girl with the pink teacup said...

And YES! to yours and Simon's comments on Thomas Hardy and Wuthering Heights. I hated every second I had to read Hardy's books or WH, and still haven't quite forgiven my English teacher.

Soda and Candy said...

Girl - Hahaha, the Good Life. Richard Briers was kind of awesome.

And those damn novels were too depressing to give to teenagers! What were they thinking?!

Cora said...

You ask the most interesting questions of us, Soda & Candy. I love you!!

I've always thought the movie of my life would be a lot like Home For The Holidays with Holly Hunter. You know, the artistic redheaded single mom with the fun brother, oversensitive sister, and nutso parents. (Except my brother isn't gay and I never kissed my boss.) Everytime I see that movie I think oh my God, that's ME ~ that's US!! And I love that movie. :-)

The tv show of my life would be Seinfeld. I'm soooooooo Elaine. Nuff said.

words...words...words... said...

I'm not sure what kind of movie my life would make. But I know the soundtrack would be by Morrissey.

Soda and Candy said...

Cora - Thanks! I haven't seen that movie though.

WWW - You wacky depressed Irishmen have to stick together huh?
; )
Hmm, who would do my soundtrack???

get in here said...

Black comedy. A really dark, twisted ... comedy.

sas said...

great question doll!
i suspect mine would be a black comedy drama talkfest, set during a london summer, and with a scene or two that make it r rated.
i'm thinking a wes anderson, woody allen, christine jeffs, richard curtis director-ing and a touch of abby winters on the side ;)

Soda and Candy said...

Insults - Ooh, intriguing!

sas - nice!

tennysoneehemingway said...

obviously an Andy Warhol art film. possibly just a static camera aimed at my living room.....for 43 years in a row.

Soda and Candy said...

Tennyson - Hahahahahahhahahaha

sj said...

this is a *great* one.

my life would be part stepford wives (because of where i work), part caddyshack but instead of the gopher, it's really my mother in law and instead of ruining my golf course, she's asking me when i'm going to have kids, and part star wars because i'm constantly on a quest to find my father (which is rather odd because he lives down the street) and to master the force (ie. eating chocolate without gaining weight).

and check it, ladies. i loved wuthering heights.

Soda and Candy said...

SJ - Hahaha,I would definitely go see your life story movie!
Also, but WH is soooo depressiiiiiiing!