Saturday, July 4, 2009

Fun Size Over to You: Avataristic

Happy Fourth of July to all my American readers!
And Happy Saturday to everyone else : )

I guess not many of you will be reading today so here's a quick thought for the weekend:

If I were a cartoon character, I would be either Hello Kitty or one of those schoolgirls from Neon Genesis Evangelion.

I mean, you can't go wrong with cute Japanese schoolgirls who can control massive violent robots, amiright? I pretty much already have the almost-crying giant wobbly eyes thing down, and I'm pretty sure dark pink ovals appear on my cheeks when I'm embarrassed.

If you were a cartoon character, who would you be and why?

19 comments:

God said...

El Kabong!

I'm not sure why, but he was the first cartoon character to come to my head. I guess it'd be fun to run around the desert and smash people with a guitar...

Eric said...

I think I identify with Professor Frink from The Simpsons, because sometimes, I'm a bit of a nerd who likes overly complicated solutions.
I always laugh at this guy anyway.

Anonymous said...

Dude, I totally picture you as Hello Kitty. All cute and girlie but can kick ass with impunity. :):)

Happy 4th. It counts as you're at least IN America.

Cooper Green said...

Dagwood Bumstead. He eats well, he doesn't look any older than he did 70 years ago, and Blondie's not too hard on the eyes either.

- querstat (I'm in the habit of signing off with my captcha, very apropos re your previous post)

Soda and Candy said...

God - Thanks for the link or I'd have been totally lost! Quick Draw McGraw rules.

Eric - Hahaha, that's who I'll picture you as from now on... glavin.

Veggie - And I'm here legally too!

Cooper - Dagwood does have a pretty sweet life, I think!

Morgan the Muse said...

I would be a transformer. I am thinking.... Starscream. Yeah, that sounds about right.

The Imaginary Reviewer said...

I just asked Almost-Mrs-Imaginary Reviewer and she said the older Animaniac brother, not the one who was always eating. That's much better than my answer: Fred from Scooby Doo.

Soda and Candy said...

Morgan -Ooh good choice. Is that the one that turns into a cassette and a jetplane?

TIR - Your missus is awesome! Ah, Animaniacs.

the girl with the pink teacup said...

Hello Kitty! Ha! I second The Veg Assassin's comment - I can totally see you as a cute-and-arse-kicking Japanese cat who likes her some pink stuff.

Me? I'm your average Lisa Simpson (nerdy, vegetarian, annoying, not as cool as the other cartoon characters, etc.) who wishes she were hot and awesome like Sailor Moon or something.

Sadly, the only similarity I have with anime characters is the fact that my eyes disapppear into little half-circle shapes when I smile. Looks even freakier in real life, believe me.

words...words...words... said...

It's not flattering, but in a moment of clarity, I realized that I would be Carl from Aqua Teen Hunger Force.

And I think you would be a Powerpuff Girl.

Soda and Candy said...

girl -Hahaha, awwww, that sounds cute! I wish I had the torso to leg ratio of anime girls though! (it's like 1:4 if I understand how ratios work)

WWW - Ugh, I just googled that guy. I hope you don't really have shoulder hair and wear skintight trackies! (that's sweatpants to you)

Sam_I_am said...

Garfield! Because cats in general have a good life

Andy - Instafather said...

I'd be the fire guy from Captain Planet, or I'd be Doug Funnie-- you're an undercover superhero, you only need to wear one outfit, and you just know Patty puts out.

Oh God, I just made a cartoon girl into a slut. What is wrong with me?

Soda and Candy said...

Sam - This is very true. And all the lasagna you can eat.

Andy - I can so imagine you as Doug! But yes, shame on you for besmirching Patty's good name!

tennysoneehemingway said...

Archie obviously. Jesus, he's got Betty AND Veronica panting after him! However, I'd definitely get them into that threesome if I was him.

MJenks said...

No, you're right. You can't go wrong being a Japanese schoolgirl who can control giant robots. Well said.

Soda and Candy said...

Tenny - I don't think Betty's that kind of girl. Veronica on the other hand...

mjenks - I know, right?

Cora said...

I'd be Blossom, the little feisty ass-kicking redheaded Powerpuff Girl!! I mean, really - can you see me as anything other than THAT? *wink*

BeckEye said...

Well, Daffy Duck is my hero and I pretty much am him, except for the greed. I'm very weird and all of my best laid plans blow up in my face.

So, if I had to be a different cartoon character, it would probably be Spongebob, just because he's always happy and totally awesome.