Monday, June 1, 2009

The Blogisferia Chronicles: Chapter the Fourth

This post is a special gift for two lovely lady bloggers who've recently celebrated their birthdays...


Previous Chapters:

Chapter the First
Chapter the Second

Chapter the Third
*************************************

Princess Soda needed help, so she summoned two of her favorite witches to ask them to find a solution.

Trumpets sounded to herald their arrival at Candysoda Castle.

"Your Highness, announcing the good witches of -"
"For Blog's sake, man! Don't call them good witches!" Princess Soda hurriedly tried cut off the announcer, but it was too late; he had already been turned into a sock monkey.

Two exceedingly glamorous ladies swept into the throne room, surrounded by a capering, chattering crowd of dear little monkeys.

"Am not a good witch," muttered Gwendolyn disgustedly, sneaking a sip from a suspicious flask she had hidden in the folds of her robe, "I'm a fabulous witch! Don't you know calling someone a good witch is like saying they have a nice personality?!"

"Yeah! Call me a good witch & I will cut you!" snarled Sass.

"My dear fabulous witches! I need your help." Princess Soda explained that as a present to her beloved husband the King, she had her hair enchanted so that it would grow very long. At present it trailed behind her by about two feet when she walked. It looked very becoming - if slightly unsettling as it curled and twined along the ground like creeping vines - but the problem was that it had become extremely heavy and difficult to bear.



"...and I don't know what to do!" finished the Princess.

The witchy sisters thought for a moment - interrupted several times by various members of the court unburdening themselves into Sass's ear much to her annoyance.

Then Gwendolyn's eyes lit up.

"I know just the thing, Princess! I will give you some of my monkeys to help carry your hair for you! The little buggers won't learn how to fly," here she broke off to give them a hard glare, "but they're nice enough, and I have taught them to stop flinging poop at least."

"Heh, you said poop! Thank you, Lady Gwendolyn, they are dear little things! I am sure they will be a tremendous help!"

*******************************
Stay gwenilicious, sassy and fabulous, ladies.


17 comments:

mo.stoneskin said...

What a lovely story, moved me to tears. I'll have to tell it to my baby at bedtime tonight...

Cora said...

BRAVO!!

Congrats to Gwen and Sass ~ and to YOU too, dear Princess! This was hilarious, as always!!

(Can't wait to see what you'll do with Veggie and God-Poob! *snicker*)

words...words...words... said...

It's very Princess-like to have your hair carried around by monkey attendants. Do they wear little royal vests and hats?

Soda and Candy said...

Mo - hahaha, I am glad to be entertaining Bubba Stoneskin.

Cora - Oh I have plans. But this didn't seem like that popular of a series... maybe I will post more if people clamor for it!

WWW - Of course, they will wear little pink fezes and waistcoats with diamante bling and silver embroidery. What? I haven't thought about this too much at all!

Eric said...

Big hair? You'd fit right in around these parts.

Sass said...

Oh absolutely. There is NO good witch in these old bones...and anyone who thinks differently...well...we know how I'll handle that. ;)

FABULOUS. ;)

Morgan the Muse said...

That is pretty nerdy, that. But, at least you got the hair thing figured out. Looking forward to more, its like typed sugar.

Alex the Girl said...

Clamor Clamor, it was this series that had me signing up for more.

Soda and Candy said...

Eric - hahaha. No, it's not *really* big, and I don't do frosted tips either!

Sass - Yay!!! I'm glad you like it.

Morgan - I'm going to take that as a compliment. : )

Alex - Yay! Clamoring!

rachaelgking said...

Best blogger birthday present ever! :-)

tennysoneehemingway said...

How many monkeys need to carry your hair again?

Bea said...

That's awesome.
i can just picture her beloved King running his fingers through her hair, then screaming like a little girl when he comes across a monkey lying there!

Gwen said...

Baby, you are the bestest!

Coincidentally, my entire Monkey Army, from which I have chosen only the best behaved to carry your glorious hair, is already outfitted in little pink fezes and waistcoats with diamante bling and silver embroidery! I call that serendipity!

Love you!

Soda and Candy said...

Lilu - I think so! ; )

Tennyson - I think about six.

Me, Amped - Heh. He would not be happy about getting monkey bites.

Gwen - The fabulous Gwen! I'm so glad you like it. Happy b-day, my dear. And that IS very convenient about the monkey outfits.
; )

Anonymous said...

Have you considered becoming a celebrity?

It is well known that famous people have larger than average hair.*

This could be your big break.

* except Telly Savalas who was sufficiently good in Kojak that not only did he not need big hair, but also he became synonymous with TV in Britain and Australia.

Cora said...

I'm clamoring! I'm clamoring!

:-)

Soda and Candy said...

thechrlog - You mean I'm not a celebrity already?

Cora - Thank you!