Thursday, June 25, 2009

The Blogisferia Chronicles: Chapter the Sixth

This Caring and Sharing Week chapter of the Chronicles is dedicated to two bloggers who cared enough to volunteer to be Chronicled!
One is a blog homie from way back, featured this week because I have won a prize at his blog!!! I hardly ever win things (seriously, the one from Gwen and this one... that's about it in my life), so I'm very happy, even though it was pure chance and nothing to do with my (admittedly vast) talents! My other lovely volunteer inadvertently gave me the idea for the storyline.

Previous Chapters:

Chapter the First
Chapter the Second

Chapter the Third
Chapter the Fourth
Chapter the Fifth
*************************************

Princess Soda was returning home from one of her frequent sojourns to visit other Blogisferians when suddenly her vehicle stopped in the forest, dipping sharply on the right side and causing fruit flavored Mentos to roll everywhere. She peeked out to see what was the matter.

"Oh great, looks like the right front wheel is rooted." she grumbled.

"Princess Soda, with all due respect, I wish you'd stop referring to your palanquin carriers as 'wheels'" gasped the man who had been in the right front position, now struggling to catch his breath.

"Che cosa fai? Eric, it's not my fault you got yourself into debt buying up all of Candysoda's rare pink marble for your sculptures and mosaics. And here in Candysoda, you know debt translates into indentured servitude."

"Yo, what am I up in this bizzle for then? You know I gots the skills to pay the bills." spoke a voice from the rear of the palanquin.

"Joshlos, you published a very unflattering picture of me in the Candysoda Herald. Technically that's punishable by death, so you're getting off easy, son."

"Your Highness, you know I came to Candysoda for the honeys, and I haven't seen -"

Suddenly, the trees around them began rustling and whispering. A crowd of ethereally beautiful young women with long green hair and flowing (yet surprisingly revealing) robes began to approach them from amongst the trees.

They surrounded the palanquin and its bearers.

"Oh snap! Dryads!" cried the Princess.

"Prrrrrincessssss Soooooodaaaa..." rustled the wood-nymphs, "we wisssshhhhhh theeeese men to come with ussssssss... it issss our right to claim theeem if they do not objeeeeect..."

Naturally, Eric and Joshlos made no objection, simply staring in open-mouthed shock at the beautiful women surrounding them, although Princess Soda swore she heard one of the men whispering "daaaaaamn!". They were spirited away into the forest.

"Bugger. How am I supposed to get back to the castle now?"



*************************************
Thanks for volunteering and giving me plot inspiration, boys.
Don't say I never do nothin' for ya ; )


11 comments:

Scope said...

Then somewhere a disembodied voice rang out, "I wouldst gladly lend aide to a damsel in that DRESS." The voice belong to Princess Soda's subject, the giant Scope. "I am on my way to fetch the fetching Lady Cora, so I do not have time to take you back to your castle personally, but I can obtain for you some fresh palanquin carriers."

"In a near field, some bludgers are playing that 'Tie Me Kangaroo Down' sport with 4 roo's and a wallaby wannabe trussed like Gulliver. Wait here and I will be back in a jiffy."

Then he thought, "why don't I just loan you my jiffy, and that will carry you back a lot smoother."

Eric said...

daaaaaamn! lol
Yes, it's always the wonderful pink marbles that get me into troubles...

MJenks said...

Oh, those saucy redheaded Dryads...talk about sporting wood!

sj said...

as always, hilarious.

i think I skipped a chapter though, so i'll be going back in time to do my homework.

Soda and Candy said...

Scope - Hahaha, excellent use of the word bludgers!

Eric - somehow that sounds dodgy!

mjenks - Hey! You keep that filth on YOUR blog, mister!

sj - That's right, or I'll have you clapping the chalkboard dusters after class missy!
; )

Cora said...

Uh-oh. My wv is "poute." Looks like your blog is feeling a wee bit pouty today. :-(

Yay for the return of the Chronicles!! Flame-Haired Pixie Cora approves!! Any chance we'll be seeing Zibbs, Veggie or God featured in a chapter? Hee hee hee.

Morgan the Muse said...

Interesting, revealing robes.

...

Yeah, I got nothing.

the girl with the pink teacup said...

Although I'm new to The Blogisferia Chronicles, I likes what I sees...

And anyone who can work the word 'palanquin' into a blog post that many times is definitely deserving of an award. Feel free to plunder the Lovely Blog Award shamelessly from my place. I was supposed to tag other suckers to take the damn thing away, but I'm lazy. So I didn't. But this is too good to go un-awarded!

Soda and Candy said...

Cora - It certainly is pouting this week...
: )

Morgan - Yep, I hear ya.

Girl - Awww, thanks!!! I shall collect it right away!

Anonymous said...

Awesome McAwesomeness. 'Tis an honor, yo.

A few of the Dryads took me back to their apartment where we played Super Mario Kart, diagrammed sentences, and listened to Technotronic. Then we made out and watched baseball.

Best. Night. Ever.

Sorry for the delay in getting to this; I was absent from blogland yesterday, although I did commission a carrier pigeon to ship your winnings all the way from Bloggy Blog World to Blogisferia. Be on the lookout!

Soda and Candy said...

Hahahaha, Mario Kart rules. Especially on the Wii.

I'm so excited!!!!

: D