Saturday, June 13, 2009

Somebody please make this now. Kthx. UPDATED. AGAIN.

So the other night as I was drifting off to sleep I had the best idea evs.

Luckily for you I hopped out of bed and quickly made barely legible notes on the subject so I could blog about it.

Prepare to have your mind blown...

They should make an IM program (like iChat, or whatever PC users use) with a little paint application attached so you could draw messages.

It would be especially awesome if it could be in real time, sort of like sketchfu.com, so your buddy could see as you drew.

If anyone can invent this, I bet God can (are you there God? It's me, Soda & Candy).

UPDATE: Rudimentary Googling reveals that scriblink.com seems pretty close to what I'm after even though it is a website not a program but I haven't actually tried it yet. Anyone want to test it out and let me know what they think?

Update Update: Fine. It's already been invented by like a million people. Lucky I had no idea how to go about making it so I can't be disappointed at the millions I missed out on making. Sheesh.

16 comments:

Cora said...

Are you there, God? It's me, Soda & Candy ~ Ha ha ha!! You crack me up! :-)

Eric said...

There was a sample in the Visual C++ Platform SDK that did this across networks a few years ago. If you WebEx you can do this, but they will see the whole desktop.

Soda and Candy said...

Cora - ; )

Eric - Dude. I understood the words "sample" and "desktop", but that's about it.

Dr Zibbs said...

I like it!

God said...

Well, God doesn't have to intervene this time. It's already been done!

Skype allows you to share a full-fledged sketchboard, and even MSN messenger allows you to sketch each message to another person.

I have plenty of examples...

Anonymous said...

You can do this with Skype. It has a draw application (free) as well as IM so you can have as an option. I use it all the time! So there! And yes the other person can see as you draw.

Soda and Candy said...

Thanks Zibbs!

SkylersDad said...

I will need to run this through some chaos and complexity simulations, then have legal take a look at it. But based on my preliminary findings, I think you will need money.

the girl with the pink teacup said...

Despite the fact that my artistic ability cannot even encompass the basic stick figure (ie. my drawings are shithouse), I think you're onto a winner.

xo

Alyssa said...

brilliant idea! but yes, msn beat you to it... shame.

Soda and Candy said...

God, Veggie - Hmm, all these people stealing my idea long before I even have the chance to have it - what a bunch of jerks!

SkyDad - Please feel free to send donations ; )

the girl, Al - I really did think I was on a winner there, dang it!

BeckEye said...

Wouldn't it take forever to have a conversation?

Ha ha ha....my word ver is "grabbin."

Shawn said...

Yahoo Messenger has a "Doodle" program that lets you do this sort of thing. I have to say, this is the worst "day late, dollar short" invention idea since my friend insisted that someone should make a pill that lets you get all of your essential vitamins. ;)

Sam_I_am said...

yahoo messenger already has that application on it's chat. It's freakin awesome. My mom and I drew a picture of a little meadow one day.

Soda and Candy said...

Beckeye - Hahaha! No, I mean it would have chat window AND a paint window so you could do both.

Shawn - FINE.

Sam - Aww, a meadow.

I don't know what Yahoo messenger is. Is that a PC thing?

Anonymous said...

hahahahah this post made my day. thanks soda!