Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Widget or Blog: The Original Drafts Story

After figuring out which option took the least effort on my part a great deal of thoughtful consideration, I have decided to make Original Drafts a regular feature on this blog rather than setting up a whole other blog devoted to it.

I added a handy-dandy link on the sidebar over there, which will lead you to all posts with the Original Drafts tag, and which also contains a spam-proofed email address* to which song requests can be made.


The ball's in your court, readers! (hehe, I said balls)...

*yes, I know they can't get it from a jpeg, but it looks cooler that way.

13 comments:

words...words...words... said...

Excellent! Although every time I read "Home of the Original Draft" I'm going to get thirsty for beer. So you should probably keep beer on hand.

Anonymous said...

I think this is the right decision.

Soda and Candy said...

Hahaha, I know.

But honestly, is there a way to title it that *won't* make you want beer?

Scope said...

Most excellent, I must say.

Eric said...

Good choice!

"But honestly, is there a way to title it that *won't* make you want beer?"

You could call it:
PULL OVER, THE POLICE ARE BEHIND YOU WITH THEIR LIGHTS FLASHING!!!!

hehe

Cora said...

I want beer. And I don't drink. Weeeeeeird.

I'll think up some songs I wanna see original draftified and I'll let you know....

Hmm.....

the girl with the pink teacup said...

Hahaha, ditto words x 3. But I think your blog overall is suggestive of delicious foods from all essential groups: soft drink, lollies, beer, etc. This is a good thing :)

Can't wait to see what the first request is!

xo

Soda and Candy said...

Mr LS - Are you just saying that because it was your idea?!
; )

Scope - Thanks!

Eric - Aah!! Caps lock shouting!

Cora - Hahaha, awesome.

girl - this is true. and that reflects my food-obsessed personality very well. : )

Eric said...

Sorry for the capschlock, I had to convey an urgent sense of worry.

Soda and Candy said...

Eric - Heh, no wuckers (there's a bit of Aussie slang for you!)

Alex the Girl said...

I am so add that they blogs you read that are posted on the side keep distracting me enough to keep forgetting what I wanted to say. Nerve wracking. Someone said beer.

Morgan the Muse said...

nice idea, I like it. I am disappointed I had not applied the handwritten letter to my blog before, but there is always the option of waiting six months or so until everyone has forgotten, and then do it. :DDD

Soda and Candy said...

Alex - Haha, I can sympathize with being easily distracted! Shoes, handbags, shiny things. You know.

Morgan - Hey, I don't have the monopoly on the handwritten letter. If you steal my Original Drafts idea I will cut you, but you can do other kinds of letters!