It's like the blogger's emotions are soldiers writing home to Ma, but the blogger's brain is the army, intercepting their letters and removing any potentially damaging information:

*Which is not to say that I don't understand why people do it. Or that I won't ever write such a post.
24 comments:
I do hate it when bloggers do that.
That being said, I fully understand when bloggers do that. ;)
Hmm, this is like those mad blogs, but in reverse. Okay, let's see:
Senator
sad
Brie
She
son
"I wanna eat"
made
rice
apoplectic
dry
lost
lube.
farted
a turd fell out.
I think I get it... so you want to tell us something, but this is your way about not giving us too much information about whatever it is that you are going to tell us?
Ha ha ha! It's true too. What gets really confusing is when they call everyone by initials or numbers. Huh?! Just make up nicknames, people ~ you're giving me a headache!!
Oh yeah, some of the stories are so censored that you have no idea what is going on!
Haha! I know exactly what you mean. Sometimes I start to comment on such a post and then I'm like...wait, I'm not even sure I get it...maybe I'll hang back and see what other people say.
Coming in a close second is when you come across a new blog and then you realize that every post hinges so heavily on having read the last fifty posts that you can't even be bothered.
Ha, it turns into a Mad Libs game of it's own.
One of the reasons I choose to go completely anti-anonymous, but just not tell my family / co-workers about the blog.
And man, am I proud of yall or what!
Yeah, I want to know all the dirt, especially about people I don't know!
Sass - Exactly.
TIR - Hahahahaa, "turd". Also, you just made me realize that I need to fix some of those black bars. Crap.
Eric - Don't get excited, it's just a joke post... I save the juicy stuff for my [burnable] paper notebooks.
Cora - Right? I can never keep those straight "So J was the sister-in-law, or the sister? I can't remember!!!"
SkyDad - Exactly, it gets to a point where it's so mysterious that no one can make helpful comments because they don't know what you're on about!
Shawn - Hahaha, so true. Hooray for blogs like yours and mine where you never know WHAT you're gonna get next!
Sam - I know! See TIR's comment!^
Scope - Good strategy, I hope it doesn't spring a leak!
Char - Why thank you, even if I'm not sure what for!
WendyB - That's the best kind of dirt, IMO, because you don't have to care, you can just enjoy it!
yeah it happens. I try to give details, but people I know do have the link to this blog. I like to play "lets hope I don't get herpes" with my blog-- meaning, I write whatever I want, and hope that it is not the day that my mom just randomly finds the link to this, or if not her, then the guy I am at that point in time madly in love with. Or the person I went to high school who I hated. So on and on.
Oh, I am a secretive person, though.
Yes!!! If you're going to be all mysterious and vague don't bother writing it in the first place. Pah! :)
Morgan - Heh. Good for you, I am definitely naturally inclined toward TMI, but I try to rein it in for the internets, because I realize I can't control the information once it's out there.
Veggie - I KNOW. But bloggers are so lovely and sympathetic. I think next time I have an issue I can't blog about I'll just post a pouty face and a request for nice comments. ; )
Also, is there an emoticon for pouty face?
the people i write about have long and descriptive nick-names so (i hope) people can tell them apart!
if i want to write about something but can't say the details, i either don't, or i make up the bits i can't writ about ;)
I totally understand. The pinky on my right foot always makes me very cross, we argue all the time.
Firstly, lol @ The Imaginary Reviewer. Hilarious.
But... and to the point... I do hate when I read blogs like that, but I won't hate on a blogger for doing it. Cuz I understand both sides of it.
Me - Haha, I think everyone should just make up substitute details. The hard bit would be remembering what you'd made up.
Mo - And then you bash him on the corner of the coffee table leg?
Josh - Word. I think this is an instance where you can hate the game, not the player ; )
hilarious.
and it reminds me of a similar story.
i totally ____ and then he ____. I asked ___ to ____ but ___ ____ instead of ___.
Oh boy, I love mad libs! Let's see...
"Today my *grandmother* made me very *cold* because we had an argument about *photosynthesis*.
*She* said "*Honey, we hate puppies screw* you." and then *jumped ship*.
I was *furious* and *hot* because I *kicked* my *dog*, and I *sobbed* and *spat on a pickle*.
I understand this sort of thing, because I like my blog anonymity. But that's why, on the rare occasion I actually blog about myself, I just substitute fake details for the real details. That way it doesn't read choppy and I keep my privacy.
SJ - Ah, that old chestnut ; )
Tales - heh, well done - and welcome!
WWW - You should make the fake deets as outlandish as possible though, so we know which bits are fake!
I understand and can almost relate. After a year of blogging, some of my family have found my blog. I try to keep things upbeat and positive when I post...but early on, I didn't.
I'm not going to remove any of it, but sometimes I wonder how far back in the archives they will read. :-)
Post a Comment