Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Over To You: Eat Your Feelings?

Whenever I eat Fritos (original flavor, curl-shaped, not scoops), it makes me happy because it reminds me of this time Husband and I had a lovely picnic lunch on a deserted Maryland beach.

Whenever I drink Dr Pepper, it makes me nostalgic because it reminds me of my uncle keeping a cooler-full for me during my childhood visits to the US.

What about you guys? Replace the bold text with your own food/drink emotional memories in the comments.

16 comments:

Cora said...

Whenever I eat Bakewell Tarts it makes me smile because it reminds me of visiting my relatives in England when I was a little kid.

Whenever I drink Hot Chocolate from Seattles Best Coffee, it makes me nostalgic because it reminds me of taking my daughter to visit Santa when she was a little girl.

SkylersDad said...

Whenever I eat Sprit cookies, it reminds me of my grandmother making them in her old kitchen. She still preferred baking in the old wood stove to the gas oven.

Anonymous said...

I love Mello Yello because it reminds me of MY childhood visit to the U.S. during some almighty heatwave. We stayed in Howard Johnson's and the vending machine was full of it.

I like gummi worms (I'm eating some now) because they remind me of penises.

I'm kidding. I was just checking you're listening.

I love the smell of hot dogs and candy floss as it reminds me of every year the fair would come to town and I'd be excited for WEEKS in anticipation. And I don't even EAT hot dogs! :)

Tash said...

Whenever I drink vodka, I feel drunk because I always drink too much of it.

See? I'm good with feelings and stuff.

Anonymous said...

Whenever I eat Fritos (original flavor, curl-shaped, not scoops), it makes me sick because it reminds me of the first time I got high, and ate a whole bag, dipping them in peanut butter.

Whenever I drink Vodka, it makes me pass-out because it reminds me that it has a high alcohol content and I shouldn't chug it out of a water bottle just because I'm too cheap to buy drinks at bars.

the girl with the pink teacup said...

Whenever I eat chips ('french fries', for all the Americans playing along) it makes me feel like a little kid again because I vividly remember smushing them into the tray thingy on my high chair as a toddler.

Whenever I drink rum, it makes me want to vomitbecause it reminds me of all the times I've vomited from drinking rum. Did I mention that rum makes me vomit?

Nice one, Soda - trust you to come up with something so fantastic and food-related :)

Soda and Candy said...

I knew you guys would get it! Every single answer = gold.

Thank you!!!

Alex the Girl said...

Whenever I eat a sandwich it makes me want to read a book because the first book I ever read all by myself had two people sitting in a tree house eating a sandwich
And whenever I drink mountain dew it makes me shudder and shake remembering the time I had food poisoning and the only person there to help me was a ride boy with really dirty hands.

Hannah said...

Toasted bagels with cheese, corn, olive, green capsicum and pasta sauce remind me of being in Tel Aviv and eating from the el-cheapo stands down on the Tayelet (promenade) at the beach. Good times. When I go back I am screwed, because I can't eat gluten anymore!

mo.stoneskin said...

A cooler-full? You must have been wired!

Whenever I eat orangutan, it makes me scared because it reminds me of the time I wolfed down an orangutan steak and the next thing I knew I was stuck up a massive tree.

Whenever I drink really weak orange squash, it makes me shudder because it reminds me of those childhood incidents when I was offered "orange juice" and then given cheap watery squash.

tennysoneehemingway said...

whenever I eat chips and gravy it makes me feel like I'm home, no matter where I am.

Shawn said...

Whenever I eat a baked potato, I remember my arch enemy Blake Osgood, who broke my Mr. Potato Head with a hammer when we were children. I'll have have revenge, Osgood. Oh yes, I'll have my revenge.

BeckEye said...

This is weird. I'm an emotional eater, but I can't seem to fill in the blanks. And I'm on a diet, so stop being a food tease.

Eric said...

Whenever I eat habanero peppers, it makes me feel pain, because it reminds me of my mouth being on fire.

And then when I drink water to try to stop the burning, it only seems to make it worse because it reminds me of eating the peppers, but just hotter and more painful.

Soda and Candy said...

Question:
Who is more awesome? Y'all, for coming up with these excellent stories, or me, for coming up with the question that prompted them?

Eric said...

you are, you are...