I still want to write, and I still like reading other people's blogs... I'm just feeling like I'm off my game a bit. I can't think of any witty comments even when I really like a post (or even particularly witty replies to y'alls comments here), and I've no ideas stored up for my own future posts...
I usually have two or three drafts up my sleeve, and I've nothing!
Help me, blogosphere! What would you like to read on this delicious sugary pink blog of mine?
Should I do more odes?
More Soda Fountain of Knowledge (language or culture)?
More Blogisferia Chronicles? Is there anyone whose blog is in my reader list brave enough to put their hand up to be in the next Chronicle?
Or is there something I haven't written about that you want me to? Current events perhaps, or nano-celebrities like Jon & Kate Plus Eight Minus Jon?
Comments please!!! Oh yeah and the best (i.e. most helpful) comment wins a Sweet Blogger Award!!

That's right. I'm not above bribery.
UPDATE: also, crap. I was adding the well-fed graphic designer to my blog list and accidentally removed someone else, and I've no idea who it was. Can anyone tell who's missing over there?
20 comments:
Any cultural stuff or photos you take of the general environs would be great, or interactions with folks there... I like me some Australian culture. Your soda and candy reviews are also great.
I wish I could help.
But I'm so tied up mentally that I can't even begin to fathom a way out of it.
Um..........wine?
Ooh put me in the Chronicles! Except I wanna be a villain.
I'm with ya, sister. I think I'm going to slow down to a 3 times a week blogger for a while.
I think I might need to travel to / from Seattle more frequently, so I have more to write about.
More Blogisferia Chronicles please. Oh yeah and adding me to your blogroll wouldn't go astray. See, I'm not above bribery either. Or is that guilt tripping?
Miss Dude I'm off my game too. I was just thinking today how I was dying to post an entry but couldn't come up with a damn thing to say. So I did the wise thing and didn't. But I have a feeling I'll post regardless, anyway. :) I don't know, some days I have ten things I could post and others nil. Nada. Zip. Maybe I should save them on the "busy" days for the days I have nothing but can I do that? Of course not.
These days are for memes. :)
I'm fond of the Fountain of Knowledge stuff.
Please excuse me for a moment while I scan that their blog list.
*in the quietness you can probably hear the haunting sound of a mouse wheel rolling*
*wipes brow with relief*
I liked the chronicles and the odes.
Open the dictionary, close your eyes, and pick three words at random. Then write a post with all three.
Hey, it's free advice and you get what you pay for :)
How about creating a meme? I mean, think about it - what do you really want to know about us? Someone created that purse meme where we all had to show what crap we lug around each day, so why not do something like that, something nosy and original? Make us divulge the contents of the trunks of our cars, or make us tell tales of our first kiss, or make us record all our random thoughts for a two minute span, or something like that?
Scope started the art meme that went around several months ago, and it was FANTASTIC! We all put up photos of the art around our homes and it was amazing the things some people have decorated their space with. One of the drawings Sassy Britches has actually made me burst into tears because I just saw myself in it and it was a really powerful moment.
As for blogging inspiration, mine comes in waves. I'll have too many things to talk about one week then nothing to say the next week. But I figure we're all in the same boat. Blogging should be fun, not a chore, so I say just blog whatever you want to whenever you're hearing the bloggy call.
I hope there was a sliver of help somewhere in all of that, S&C. And, honestly, I adore your blog!!
:-)
I've got around 75 blog ideas waiting in draft, so I could probably spare one for a blogger in need.
Ah, here's one: "Funny post about ocean".
Hmm...no?
Let's see...how about: "Something about thermometers".
Man, I must have a lot of faith in myself.
You're not burned out until you start writing about kittens. Did you write about kittens? Whew...yeah...watch out for that. Because they ARE adorable!
12 comments? Wow, you guys really came through! Thanks!
I might leave this post up for a while and see how many more awesome ideas I can scam off you, er I mean, inspire you to think of and present to me!
PS - TishTash, so it shall be. ; )
It's so hard to come up with posts that aren't
1. Incriminating
2. Lame
3. Snobby
Or maybe that's just a Smell The Glove issue. I've never been above ripping off other people's ideas, so long as I remember to link back to the original site. Also, 20 Something Writers has some sweet prompts.
You could post the first 9 chapters of the novel you are writing?
I know I'm late, but I'm also gassy so it's not my fault.
My vote is for some sparkling wordplay. I want puns, and lots of 'em.
Failing that, you could start using the words that come up in Word Verification tests and making up meanings for them. Like right now, below here the word ver is "Nortly".
Nortly: Adjective referring to a man with so many bodily warts that he resembles a very knotty tree.
Well, I'm always available for interviews! Or you could dream about me like Dr. Zibbs did. :-)
I felt the same way relatively recently after posting every day for over a year! I think I just needed a little vacation.
Ooh! Ooh! If you happen to put me in the Chronicles, I wouldn't complain. But I'd request being able to Kung Fu people into submission and I wouldn't want to be pitted against Tish. She'd own me. Also, something with hot women hanging all off of my arms or something.
If that's too demanding, that's cool. I'm always down w/ whatever you post. Maybe you could even make up a new feature, too? Of, course I have no suggestions.
Holy crap, you guys.
Sweet Blogger awards are going to lose their sweet exclusive cachet at this rate!
*group hug*
you could always backpack around the world and blog about it! or, i'd like to hear more stories about YOU (like do you have a husband? or is that just me thinking that lol)or i like the idea of you starting a meme, but the problem with that is everybody says they don't play by rules and wont tag anyone *pouts* or you could start a bucket list nd try to complete it on your blog or *deep breath* nup, i'm out. good luck!
haha my word veri says 'lame'. i'd like to see what you come up with then word veri!
Post a Comment